john t

Springfield, MO

#1 May 19, 2008
who is the best divorce attorney in or around
dyersburg.
anon

Dyersburg, TN

#2 May 20, 2008
Not sure but my husband just left yesterday so if you find someone realiable and cheap let me know, maybe we should have a divorce party!
Mr Ferris

United States

#3 May 23, 2008
If you do not have any children you can do it yourself for 153.00. Its called pro se Ive done it twice, If either of you are interested you can contact me and I can give you a copy of one of mine as a guide. I refuse to give the lawyer 700.00 plus dollars for something I can do myself thx Roger
anon

Memphis, TN

#4 May 26, 2008
Vanedda Prince Webb
ex dburg resident

Memphis, TN

#5 May 27, 2008
Most of the lawyers in Dyersburg are friends. They would rather not piss each other off than do what is right for your case. I know first hand.
happy to be here

Dyersburg, TN

#6 Jul 8, 2008
ex dburg resident wrote:
Most of the lawyers in Dyersburg are friends. They would rather not piss each other off than do what is right for your case. I know first hand.
Not true. Actually it is a very competative business and a good lawyer will fight, a lazy lawyer will not. So if your lawyer lets you down it's because he doesn't care about the job he is doing, not because he is friends with the other lawyer.

I worked in the business, I know.
been there done that

Dyersburg, TN

#7 Jul 8, 2008
john t wrote:
who is the best divorce attorney in or around
dyersburg.
Jason Creasy is who I would use. From what I've seen he doesn't back down.
Dyersburg Citizen

New Orleans, LA

#8 Jul 11, 2008
Steve Scofield offers years of experience at exceptionally reasonable rates, I hear, and he is terrific with family law.
Lawyers

Miami, FL

#9 Jul 15, 2008
ex dburg resident wrote:
that is not my experience, lawyers are in competition with each other and really don't like each other unless they practice in the same office. Even then they probably are competing.
ex dburg resident

Memphis, TN

#10 Jul 15, 2008
Most of them are friends. They get paid the same if they are in a court room or talking to each other on the phone. They are friends with the judges too. If you don't believe this you are either very naive or very ignorant. I'm not saying they won't try for you. I'm just saying they prefer to stay on good terms with each other. It's about back scratching
Civilized competition

United States

#11 Jul 15, 2008
ex dburg resident wrote:
Most of them are friends. They get paid the same if they are in a court room or talking to each other on the phone. They are friends with the judges too. If you don't believe this you are either very naive or very ignorant. I'm not saying they won't try for you. I'm just saying they prefer to stay on good terms with each other. It's about back scratching
Athletes compete vigorously but are sportmanlike on the field and even friendly off.They sill want to win every time.
just hanging out

Dyersburg, TN

#12 Jul 22, 2008
They do like to keep things civil if they can because after your case is dead and gone they still have to practice in this town and against the other attorneys. But that doesn't mean that they will sell you out. Just that they try to settle things rather than go in with both guns blazing.

United States

#13 Aug 4, 2008
just hanging out wrote:
They do like to keep things civil if they can because after your case is dead and gone they still have to practice in this town and against the other attorneys. But that doesn't mean that they will sell you out. Just that they try to settle things rather than go in with both guns blazing.
I agree. A settlement is something both sides can live with.
stormy

Medina, TN

#14 Jan 30, 2009
if you find an attorney that does stand up for you, they run them out of dyer county, dyer county does not like out siders that stand for truth and justice. I had one once after he represented me he left the state, he truly fought a good fight for me against corruption, his words before he left to me was,"---------- it is a shame what they have done and are doing to you. He was one in a million, and I know he tried, but lost.

Since: Jan 09

Parsons, KS

#15 Jan 30, 2009
ex dburg resident wrote:
This is the absolute truth. I know first hand also. The lawyers in this town,(ALL OF THEM) look to come to a conclusion at the end of the case where they can still go have coffee together and it not be uncomfortable. The best thing a person can do for themselves is get an attorney out of the city, someone who really doesn't care about the other attorneys here, and will look out for the best interest of their client, something the attorneys here in Dyersburg seem to have forgotten. Don't say you weren't warned.
exactly

Ada, OK

#16 Jan 30, 2009
refolks is exactly right. they are all good friends and don't really care about the outcome of your case, even though they will act like they do.

Do NOT use marty howie.

I hear good things about that creasy guy as well.
only me

Miami, FL

#17 Jan 30, 2009
Jason Creasy is good but you will need alot of $$$$$$$ but he is great at his job.
JUST ME

United States

#18 Feb 2, 2009
i hear good ole smith and wesson is really good at gettin rid of the spouse you dont want!

Since: Feb 09

Prescott Valley, AZ

#19 Feb 2, 2009
Barbara Deere will not back down
Michael Mansun

United States

#20 Oct 9, 2009
exactly wrote:
refolks is exactly right. they are all good friends and don't really care about the outcome of your case, even though they will act like they do.
Do NOT use marty howie.
I hear good things about that creasy guy as well.
I knew Howie many years ago. He was a disgusting guy who annoyed young women, flicking his tongue out and laughing at them like a perv. I never thought much of the man, have always considered him to be a jerk. Hope this helps. I would never considered using him as an attorney.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word drop a word (Feb '14) 1 hr Isabella Fireray 1,369
Anyone buy used lawn mowers?? (Apr '09) 1 hr George 33
20+ family yard sale July 1st & 2nd 1 hr MOD 3
Child neglect 2 hr Wondering2 1
Sheriff's office 5 hr Hello 73
not one day 12 hr ivy 6
hannah banana and lillie bug 12 hr RWM 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dyersburg Mortgages