First Prev
of 45
Next Last

Columbus, IN

#894 Feb 16, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Ah, another fear-mongering fundie.
You are such a silly person.
You can't frighten people with something they don't believe.
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in the delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." ---Carl Sagan
One of the techniques christianity uses to maintain its hold over gullible people is to convince them they're born worthless, then substitute itself for their self esteem. "LBF" has probably felt worthless for a long, long time because of that stupid superstition they've bought into, and fear-mongering by pretending to issue "warnings" from their sky daddy is the only way they can think of to gain a bit of their self esteem back. If they can convince a non-believer to convert out of fear to a religion that they themselves have already surrendered their own common sense to for the same ridiculous reason, they begin feel a slight sense of superiority to recent converts. How pathetic is that?
ACDC

Dyersburg, TN

#895 Feb 16, 2012
http://tinysong.com/sJZh

I thought I would get this thread back on topic.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#896 Feb 16, 2012
ACDC wrote:
http://tinysong.com/sJZh
I thought I would get this thread back on topic.
Why?
Living by faith

Dyersburg, TN

#897 Feb 17, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, another fear-mongering fundie.
You are such a silly person.
You can't frighten people with something they don't believe.
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in the delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." ---Carl Sagan
My intent is NOT to "frighten" anybody. My purpose is to WARN. But I know that noone will listen. The Bible (that would be the word of God) says:
Matthew 24:37-39 Jesus speaking
(37) But as the days of Noe..
That would be Noah.
...were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(38) For as in the days that were BEFORE THE FLOOD they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark.
(39) And knew not until the flood came and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, being WARNED OF GOD of things NOT SEEN AS YET...
The ignorance of man= "Show me and I'll believe"
How can I show you the loneliness, sorrow, suffering and pain of an eternal Hell?
How can I show you the coming destruction upon this world when the church is raptured and Satan is free to take over?
...moved with FEAR...
Once again, words of a FOOL, "I don't believe in scaring people into salvation or getting right with God". You don't know what your talking about!
...preparing an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world...
"All that preacher ever does is damn everbody!"
...and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

New Salisbury, IN

#898 Feb 17, 2012
Living by faith wrote:
My intent is NOT to "frighten" anybody.
Yes it is. You get a slight power rush from making those idiotic threats. That's what you're doing here right now; trolling for another gullible simpleton like yourself that you can scare with your bronze age psycho-babble about nonexistent floods and imaginary vindictive sky spooks. You have no idea if the bible is the word of any god or not. That's just what you believe. And then, by "faith" alone, which isn't a way to actually "know" anything. You've already been caught lying to support your backward superstition so nothing further you have to say can be considered trustworthy.

So unless you've come up with a "LOGICAL" reason why anyone should believe any supernatural claim made by you or the bible, fuckoff, you lying creep.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#900 Jan 29, 2013
Living by faith wrote:
More HATERS OF GOD!
LOL!
IF (and that is the key word "IF") your imaginary friend were real, then yes, it would deserve hate.

The fictional character of Yahweh is detestable (you have read the bible, haven't you?)

But happily it only exists in fantasy, as stories intended to frighten children into behaving properly and controlling uneducated adults.

So...no, atheists don't "hate" your imaginary parental figure.

Mostly we hate willful ignorance and intentional cruelty to small children and animals.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#902 Jan 30, 2013
Living by faith wrote:
Just like I said. HATERS of God, His word and His people. SMART people read the Bible.
Yes, smart people read the bible, recognize a myth when they see it and become atheists.
Living by faith wrote:
Ignorant people believe in devilution.
Some people are devolving. Yourself for instance.
Do you take advantage of the knowledge of the 21st century you are living in? No, you would rather live in your cave and believe in fairy tales.
Living by faith wrote:
Psalm 14:1
The FOOL hath said in his heart, there is no God. According to this verse, people all over Amerixa have a HEART problem.
Quoting an ancient book assembled and translated by those seeking power over others doesn't prove anything.
Living by faith wrote:
COMMON SENSE will tell you that somebody larger and more powerful than the sun, the stars and the earth created them.
Common sense tells me nothing of the kind. Science tells me how they occurred. Common sense tells me that Science is correct.

Common sense tells me that you are a child wishing for a parent's love and protection. A child who is afraid of dying and ceasing to exist.
So you make up one.

Good for you, but some of us don't NEED a sky daddy. We grew up, lol, and put "childish" things aside.
Living by faith wrote:
That's who you'll stand before one day, and there'll be no mercy then jack.
So it's "Just wait til your daddy gets home!" time?
Don't be silly. I don't need "mercy."

Grow up. Take responsibility for your life.
It's the only one you are going to have.
Stop wasting it why believing nonsense.

Little Rock, AR

#903 Jan 30, 2013
Living by faith wrote:
Just like I said. HATERS of God,
You've been told numerous times that rational people can't hate what they don't even believe exists. But then, if you yourself were rational you wouldn't profess a belief in magic cosmic space fairies.

Since: May 10

Dyersburg, TN

#904 Jan 30, 2013
Living by faith wrote:
Just like I said. HATERS of God, His word and His people. SMART people read the Bible. Ignorant people believe in devilution.
Psalm 14:1
The FOOL hath said in his heart, there is no God.
According to this verse, people all over Amerixa have a HEART problem. COMMON SENSE will tell you that somebody larger and more powerful than the sun, the stars and the earth created them. That's who you'll stand before one day, and there'll be no mercy then jack.
Romans 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God IN THEIR KNOWLEDGE, God GAVE THEM OVER TO A REPROBATE MIND, to do those things which were not convenient;
My God can beat up your god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 45
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is Great 3 min Sweepyface 1,061
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 9 min Sweepyface 7,240
Hearing a boom "thunder" sound near Newbern, TN 54 min deebo 6
Jill Jones Abortion Jan 2, 2013 1 hr Santa 28
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 1 hr impulse 3,886
WALL MART strikers, we got your back 1 hr agreeewithhosea 13
I owe you one...actually a couple 1 hr hickman 16
Hunter lowery 2 hr Tracy 4
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 7 hr bno 99,294
Wreck on Interstate Wed helpful 6