Karen Swift Murder: Investigators Wai...

Karen Swift Murder: Investigators Waiting for Coroner's Report

There are 45 comments on the International Business Times story from Dec 21, 2011, titled Karen Swift Murder: Investigators Waiting for Coroner's Report. In it, International Business Times reports that:

Karen Swift's death is still fresh in the minds of Dyersburg residents and investigators are still actively searching for clues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Business Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gravey

United States

#1 Jan 6, 2012
Dyer county law enforcement is a joke
whatever

Cunningham, KY

#2 Jan 6, 2012
amen I don't know what else to say. Could not find their way out of a paper bag

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 6, 2012
I can't believe he admitted the area she was found in and so close to the her home had never been searched!
wonderin

United States

#4 Jan 6, 2012
Armadillo wrote:
I can't believe he admitted the area she was found in and so close to the her home had never been searched!
Well believe it...His excuse will be the kudzu is to dangerous for the search in the area which is bullshi*t.Yes it can be. dangerous but there are people out there that knows the area.He did not even use the search dog in that area.Look at the x in the paper Commonsense would tell you it could have and should have been searched. Commensense also tells you a cemetery so close to home would and should have been the first places to search. Not another excuse! I know I don't want to hear one...I have been giving out hints a close friend of Karen's to tell her mom to get his butt off of this case with the stupid mistakes he has made..but I knew the mistakes would soon catch up and the public would finally realize how he was handling this case.Her kids and mom have been through enough pain..So he needs to own up..NO EXCUSES.
Jeeeeeeeeeez

United States

#5 Jan 6, 2012
How in the hell could that body not be found sooner than when it was??? Kudzu, my butt!!! A corpse will start to stink after a few days and we've had an usually warm Fall/Winter thus far so the weather was still fairly warm. There had to have been a stench in the area just a few days after the murder? You can't tell me that nobody smelled that! You can smell a dead body from a pretty good ways off!
right

Madisonville, KY

#6 Jan 6, 2012
Jeeeeeeeeeez wrote:
How in the hell could that body not be found sooner than when it was??? Kudzu, my butt!!! A corpse will start to stink after a few days and we've had an usually warm Fall/Winter thus far so the weather was still fairly warm. There had to have been a stench in the area just a few days after the murder? You can't tell me that nobody smelled that! You can smell a dead body from a pretty good ways off!
right but who knows what dead bodies smell like?
Jeeeeeeeeeez

United States

#7 Jan 6, 2012
Oh trust me, the smell of a dead body is unlike any stink in the world! I've smelt dead animals before, but even that is nothing like the stench of dead human flesh! It is THE WORST!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 7, 2012
wonderin wrote:
<quoted text>Well believe it...His excuse will be the kudzu is to dangerous for the search in the area which is bullshi*t.Yes it can be. dangerous but there are people out there that knows the area.He did not even use the search dog in that area.Look at the x in the paper Commonsense would tell you it could have and should have been searched. Commensense also tells you a cemetery so close to home would and should have been the first places to search. Not another excuse! I know I don't want to hear one...I have been giving out hints a close friend of Karen's to tell her mom to get his butt off of this case with the stupid mistakes he has made..but I knew the mistakes would soon catch up and the public would finally realize how he was handling this case.Her kids and mom have been through enough pain..So he needs to own up..NO EXCUSES.
That is one of the most lame excuses the man could make! Too dangerous! searchers,investigators and divers enter into all kinds of dangerous areas when it comes down to really trying to find someone. That is what they are trained for. I think that is called not being very sharp and not seeing outside the "Box", by refusing to allow searchers there, not to mention, he directed them to search only around the vehicle and where he thinks her cell phone pinged from? When they had already done that, then he bragged he had them go over and over where they had already been. No wonder some thought he was covering or trying to steer them away from finding her.

I agree 100%. Someone else should have taken over or should now.
citizen

AOL

#9 Jan 7, 2012
Armadillo wrote:
I have always said anything could be right under thier nose and they coulsn't find it!!! prime example.
woodbury tn

Woodbury, TN

#10 Jan 7, 2012
i already told you people this will never be solved. hell jeff box is good friends with david swift and i can almost bet he knew how and when this happened, hell who knows he might of told him how and what to do. this case from the start had garbage written all over it. jeff box steered everybody and everything in the opposite direction from the start. he needed to be off the case from day 1 due to the fact he was friends with a possible suspect. i think he needs to be fired from the sheriff dept. and if its determined at a later date he was involved or missled this case in anyway to help a friend he should also be charged with her murder. just saying!!!!! i'm telling you people in dyer county all the city and government people who has been running that town for the last 49 years are crooked as hell and you need to take them and put them on the street and put some new young blood with new idea's in office.

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#11 Jan 7, 2012
woodbury tn wrote:
i already told you people this will never be solved. hell jeff box is good friends with david swift and i can almost bet he knew how and when this happened, hell who knows he might of told him how and what to do. this case from the start had garbage written all over it. jeff box steered everybody and everything in the opposite direction from the start. he needed to be off the case from day 1 due to the fact he was friends with a possible suspect. i think he needs to be fired from the sheriff dept. and if its determined at a later date he was involved or missled this case in anyway to help a friend he should also be charged with her murder. just saying!!!!! i'm telling you people in dyer county all the city and government people who has been running that town for the last 49 years are crooked as hell and you need to take them and put them on the street and put some new young blood with new idea's in office.
JMO, but in smalltown Dyersburg, doesn't Jeff Box know just about everyone? I still don't think David did it and I certainly don't think Jeff Box had anything to do with it. He is a smalltown Sheriff doing the best he can with what he has. There may be NO evidence. In that case, what would you suggest he do? It is not always LE's fault that a case can't be solved within the first 15 minutes. Sometimes they have to wait for a lead, a clue, something. I'm pretty sure that Jeff Box wishes whoever did this had done it in some other county than his. If I was him and was going to help in a crime like this, I would have dumped the body in someone else's county! lol

United States

#12 Jan 7, 2012
They said the underbrush was too thick, the killer didn't have too much trouble putting the body there. A good search dog can find a dead mouse in a ten acre field if his handler knows what they are doing, if the handler doesn't know what they are doing they couldn't find the dogs a**. Most cops don't want anyone checking their work that way mistakes can be handled in house.

United States

#13 Jan 7, 2012
They wouldn't let the family and friends search because they were scared evidence would be contaminated. I cant believe that a city like dyersburg has got a sheriff that is so incompetant....we will probally never know what happened. Hopefully Box will never be elected again.

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#14 Jan 7, 2012
Guest wrote:
They said the underbrush was too thick, the killer didn't have too much trouble putting the body there. A good search dog can find a dead mouse in a ten acre field if his handler knows what they are doing, if the handler doesn't know what they are doing they couldn't find the dogs a**. Most cops don't want anyone checking their work that way mistakes can be handled in house.
No bigger than Karen was she could have easily been tossed into the kudzu especially by two people. Maybe they should test that with a dummy (Karen's size and weight) from where the kudzu started and where the body was found. Could be a clue!

Sioux City, IA

#15 Jan 7, 2012
it was determined the cause of death was when she stopped breathing and her heart stopped pumping blood. she died then,
jim s. smith

Prestonsburg, KY

#16 Jan 7, 2012
guest wrote:
it was determined the cause of death was when she stopped breathing and her heart stopped pumping blood. she died then,
Really, gosh that doesnt really tell us how she was actually was killed. This is so tragic.
Brandon

United States

#17 Jan 13, 2012
It is Jan 13 now, has there been any update on this case yet? Im telling you, as a former deputy in TN, it doesn't take this long for a coroners report. The TBI needs to completely take over this case.
Anonymous

Stanton, TN

#18 Jan 17, 2012
Brandon wrote:
It is Jan 13 now, has there been any update on this case yet? Im telling you, as a former deputy in TN, it doesn't take this long for a coroners report. The TBI needs to completely take over this case.
ANOTHER THING THEY WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT HAVE EVERY LITTLE DETAILED OUT BY ALL AGENCIES , BEFORE THEY ARREST ANYONE ! SURE COVICTION I HOPE
slim

Sioux City, IA

#19 Feb 5, 2012
I SAY WE HAVE A RECALL VOTE!!!
Outside observer

Ennis, TX

#20 Feb 5, 2012
Let's just see what this next week holds. After Karen is buried, I think there will be a move. Whoever killed her was someone local. They were trying to throw off LE. If it had been someone out of town, they would have got rid of her body in another state or in the river. I think Box is a lot smarter than most people realize. Time will tell. I think he knows if this crime is not solved, he probably won't have much chance of winning the next election. Patience, my friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
word association (Feb '10) 2 hr Guest 2,068
Jason roberts 2 hr Guest 17
Alvinos Pizza 2 hr Noid 22
Temple of Praise 3 hr Looking for Jesus 1
Girl with half sleeve at walmart 3 hr Your mom 2
Anyone know what happed at okeena park Monday? 3 hr Your mom 3
When the truth hurts!! 3 hr Sum1whoknows 5
Multiple cops on the street 22 hr Dux 26
What happened on Parkview Tue Pux 43

Dyersburg Jobs