Observer

Dyersburg, TN

#1 Jul 26, 2012
why is it that some one with something that might be important to some one is rushed because they are running out of time but on the other hand one of the people that call every day with the same old nonsense can talk for five minutes or how ever they want to and nothing is said and the people that want to get on everyday and sing when they can't sing and don't even know the words to the song this gets very boring and makes one want to stop listening the reading of the bible verses is a good thing and should be allowed to have their time , tom and john have totaly lost control of this thing and some one from burks should step in and put a stop to it , oppinions are like something else everyone has one and thats mine .

Jackson, TN

#2 Jul 26, 2012
I agree with you. I used to listen to party line every morning. I looked forward to it. Now, there's very little buying, selling, or trading going on. It's mostly talk. I rarely turn party line on anymore because of this and when I do, I'm quickly reminded of why I haven't had the program on in a while.
Jon

Newbern, TN

#3 Jul 26, 2012
Observer wrote:
why is it that some one with something that might be important to some one is rushed because they are running out of time but on the other hand one of the people that call every day with the same old nonsense can talk for five minutes or how ever they want to and nothing is said and the people that want to get on everyday and sing when they can't sing and don't even know the words to the song this gets very boring and makes one want to stop listening the reading of the bible verses is a good thing and should be allowed to have their time , tom and john have totaly lost control of this thing and some one from burks should step in and put a stop to it , oppinions are like something else everyone has one and thats mine .
Are you being forced to listen? Not meaning to be disrespectful, but do something else, like work.
Observer

Dyersburg, TN

#4 Jul 26, 2012
No I'm not being forced to listen besides I'm at an age that I can't be forced to do much of anything that I don't want to do and I do work , I'm retired but I do still work part time and on days I work it's in the afernoon , I did enjoy listening more than I do now I enoyd it because I might hear a service or product that I might need
I'm not trying to be disrespectful either but as I said in my first post opnions are like something else every one has one and thats mine , it really seems like that Tom And Jon don't care what some of their listeners think and maybe it don't I don't know but then it might .
e dyersburg

Humboldt, TN

#5 Jul 26, 2012
they are trying to make it into a gong show . Dorthy and the stuff lady can talk as long as they want to and nothing is said.They are letting Tom to cut his throat so John can take over. mark my word on that one
hello

Bloomington, IN

#6 Jul 27, 2012
I too have stopped listening to Party line. Sick of the same ole ones calling day after day and having nothing to buy sell or trade. The ones who call and sing, the lady whose husband is always still in bed, the religious lady always gets too much time, and you can almost predict who will be next on line.
One day last wk some man called and was saying people need to get certain political people out of office in Dburg and he was cut off. It was his opinion and maybe some do agree w him. Yet he was cut off. And they said "We don't need to go there".
I used to listen everyday but hardly do anymore. I have heard that when Steve had it it ran much more efficiently. When both are there they cut up too much and it takes time off the show.
I think we need someone new to do Party Line

Jackson, TN

#7 Jul 27, 2012
I simply change the channel when party line comes on.If you want to buy,sell,trade, etc.That program is no longer the place to do it.Shoppers guide and the internet work well.

Humboldt, TN

#8 Jul 27, 2012
those 2 boys must think that their do-do doesnt stink but they are stinking up the place for 2 hrs. get someone new please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope on Dops 17 min ionu 4
James Baltimore running for City Mayor???? 21 min Dennis 52
Conditions of the city of Dyersburg 41 min Gomez 91
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 51 min Facts 97,556
Troll Under the Magnolia Bridge 55 min bumblebee 3
missing man ? 58 min bumblebee 302
mike morgan city alderman 2 hr guest 2
its not about a duck, dog, or a child 3 hr Concerned Citisen 33
LongHorn Steak house in Dyersburg ! 6 hr Pianist 27
Dyersubrg City Mayor Poll 9 hr BLOOD MONEY 302