|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
What I don't get is why you people still post on this three plus year old thread an don't start a new one on the topic your talking about?
Thats easy. these are state-wide threads started by topix. posters can only start local threads.
Word

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text> Thats easy. these are state-wide threads started by topix. posters can only start local threads.
you should be sleeping.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
How did we make out in the banker bail outs? How will we make out in the taxpayer funding to help GM take the manufacturing of the Volt and Caddy Es.to China?
How we making out on taking care of the Illegals.How about the war on Cancer?The war on Drugs? France is sucking oil out of Libya.I'd sure like to know, just for the hell of it who took off with Gadaffi's Megga Billions.
Someones making out and it is not the American people.
Wow, now that was a far jump from our orginal discussion.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran has the world's third largest oil reserves
North Korea has no oil.
It also sounds like you have no problem with our great county becoming the "strong armed robber of gas stations", all over the world.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
I don't want to start an argument here and I am simply going to respectfully disagree with this entire notion the Bush tax cuts killed the country. I strongly believe spending is what is ailing our country, not taxes. Yes, Bush did wrong by taking a surplus and turning it into a deficit. Obama continued this wrong by taking the deficit he inherited and making it worse. And it was made worse via spending. Believe it or not, I read Time Magazine, because I like to read about varying viewpoints. Time, in my opinion, is very liberal. A couple of months ago, Time came out with this article. I couldn't agree with it more.
http://business.time.com/2012/12/26/four-misc...
Did the Bush tax cuts kill the country ? No ! It was the combination of the tax cuts, the 911 attacks, two off budget wars costing trillions, a Medicare drug program without revenue (TAXES) to support it, a massive new homeland security bureaurocracy, huge natural disasters like Katrina, COMBINED with the tax cuts that starved the government of needed tax revenue. Add to that the disasterous behavior of investment banks and the rating agencies that are SUPPOSED to oversee investment vehicles for their value...(and THIS I lay at the feet of the Clinton Administration and the Republican majority in congress in the 1990s) and we end up where we are.

The wars are winding down, the payroll tax cuts provided to taxpayers at the height of the current recession have expired, and tax rates have been raised on the more well off as a result of legislation this year, but the bulk of the Bush tax cuts have been retained permanently....I see that as counter-productive if the result means the cutting of Social Security and Medicare benefits for future retirees. By all means, those tax cuts should be retained UNTIL the current economic situation and unemployment rates return to more normal levels BUT, the days of guaranteed benefit retirement plans are over, wages are stagnant for all but the top 20%, and it looks to me like more folks will be MORE dependant on Social Security than they have in years. Now government is moving to adjust those benefits downward yet we retain tax cuts for those making 450k a year......a foolish move in my opinion. Tthat's my take "Pete"...I look forward to your comments.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Well, I had to change my Avatar, again...but this is me, SSS!
Why did you have to change it dimples?
Just use this picture. Then everyone can see watch as you bring sexy back.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8779/it2o....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Thats easy. these are state-wide threads started by topix. posters can only start local threads.
I'm glad you told this idiot. I get tired of trying to explain over and over. What does it matter anyway? Hello by the way. Hope you are doing well.
Red Rooster

Grimsley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Good morning world, good morning mr. presiident I now u read this everyday.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Well now Iran is coming clear in saying they did not take control of a second drone......but I do have to give them credit for taking contol and landing our most advanced drone the RQ-170 Sentinel.
Never ever under estimate your enenmy.......or over estimate yourself.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>It also sounds like you have no problem with our great county becoming the "strong armed robber of gas stations", all over the world.
What are you talking about.
What did we go into Iraq for WMDs?Oh wait it was to help those poor Iraq peopleSure that's why there are over a million dead ones Right?
Our Great Country?You speaking of present or past.
So Your happy with how things are? What about China buying up oil here?Our oil?
I thought we were trying to get off foriegn oil YES?
Alls I know is the people are getting screwed and so is the country.
I have no problem with us going in to these countries to help big business?That's not what I ever said.
I'm fed up with people backing there party while it appears your parties and our government studges are screwing us over.
Oh it's the Pubs Oh it"s the Dems on and on and on and you still believe.
What's got to happen? Like how bad does it have to get for you to give up and figure we as the people have to do something else.

Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, now that was a far jump from our orginal discussion.
Don't get this remark either.
You said we went into Iraq for oil and now China is pumping it.
I had said we were in there for reasons other then what we were told.
We have dead soldiers who thought they were in Iraq to fight for and protect the US.Did they?
Over a million dead Iraq people,was it for them?
Who made out?
Haliburton? Oil companies?
I went on to say here are the other cases of us doing and not getting.
Why was that a problem?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

If someone were sending drones in this country and killing the people here would that be an act of war against the US?
I don't think it is helping the cause when we are attacking others in other countries that we have not declared war on.
I watched a video of a drone stike and after the first kill they waited for people to go to help(like anyone would) and they went back in and attacked them where they injured some kids and killed more.
I'll bet those people love us with a passion.I would be enraged if it were me.Bet I might join someone fighting the US.
Pete

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Did the Bush tax cuts kill the country ? No ! It was the combination of the tax cuts, the 911 attacks, two off budget wars costing trillions, a Medicare drug program without revenue (TAXES) to support it, a massive new homeland security bureaurocracy, huge natural disasters like Katrina, COMBINED with the tax cuts that starved the government of needed tax revenue. Add to that the disasterous behavior of investment banks and the rating agencies that are SUPPOSED to oversee investment vehicles for their value...(and THIS I lay at the feet of the Clinton Administration and the Republican majority in congress in the 1990s) and we end up where we are.
The wars are winding down, the payroll tax cuts provided to taxpayers at the height of the current recession have expired, and tax rates have been raised on the more well off as a result of legislation this year, but the bulk of the Bush tax cuts have been retained permanently....I see that as counter-productive if the result means the cutting of Social Security and Medicare benefits for future retirees. By all means, those tax cuts should be retained UNTIL the current economic situation and unemployment rates return to more normal levels BUT, the days of guaranteed benefit retirement plans are over, wages are stagnant for all but the top 20%, and it looks to me like more folks will be MORE dependant on Social Security than they have in years. Now government is moving to adjust those benefits downward yet we retain tax cuts for those making 450k a year......a foolish move in my opinion. Tthat's my take "Pete"...I look forward to your comments.
OT, I agree on most of what you said. I believe the solution to fix our debt crisis involves both tax increases and spending cuts. However, I think the economy needs to stabilize before taxes start to increase. Our economy requires consumer spending. This isn't happening right now because everyone is scared. Remove what is scaring them for a while, let things recover, then we can bolster tax revenues. Spending needs to be reined in as well. We simply cannot continue to spend at this rate.
Juicey Juice

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

I gotta take a dump.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

One more thing about Libya I found interesting.
The first thing that was done in Libya after we supplied AlQaeda with stuff to make it happen was a Central Bank was installed.
Bless their lovin hearts.Wasn't that nice to help the folks.Problem was with the bank Gaddafi set up those same folks never paid no interest.I also believe I remember reading Libya did not have a deficit.
I think I smell some fish here also.
Juicey Juice

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

All finished and everything came out alright.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Why is no one talking about the Federal Reserve.
This has got to be the biggest money issue there is.
They pay the money printers a few cents 4or5 cents for hundred dollar bills then lend it to our government(us taxpayers) for face value Plus Interest.
Is this not the biggest rip off of all? Seems that way to me. Why does this not seem insane when the Constitution says Congress shall print the money.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about.
What did we go into Iraq for WMDs?Oh wait it was to help those poor Iraq peopleSure that's why there are over a million dead ones Right?
Our Great Country?You speaking of present or past.
So Your happy with how things are? What about China buying up oil here?Our oil?
I thought we were trying to get off foriegn oil YES?
Alls I know is the people are getting screwed and so is the country.
I have no problem with us going in to these countries to help big business?That's not what I ever said.
I'm fed up with people backing there party while it appears your parties and our government studges are screwing us over.
Oh it's the Pubs Oh it"s the Dems on and on and on and you still believe.
What's got to happen? Like how bad does it have to get for you to give up and figure we as the people have to do something else.
There's one simple way for the Teapublicans to prove that it's not them, but the Democrats that are responsible for all that you claim.
All they have to do is just stop opposing everything that the President and the Dems try to do! Then , it would be obvious to everybody who is actually destroying this Country. So, why do you suppose they won't do that, if you're right in what you think?
Could it be that the Teapublicans are really the Ones who are doing their best to destroy this Country and the Dems are the only Ones who are keeping them from totally succeeding? And therefore, everything is coming at a snail's pace, but we're still hanging on, barely?
To quote an old Military saying..."Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way". Since the Teapublicans won't Lead, and they won't Follow, the least they could do is, Get The Hell out of the Way, and then, we'd see just what kind of a job Obama and the Democrats would really do for this Country and all of us!
The Fact that the Teapublicans won't, tells me that THEY are really the Ones who are responsible for the Mess we're in and that THEY are responsible for us not getting out of it!
It's pretty plain, if you just stop and think about it, impartially, and reason it all out in your mind!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Oh, and one more thing, the Big Corporations are hiring Workers in Foreign Countries , for Slave Wages and unimaginable Working Conditions as bad, or worse, than Slaves used to be treated in this Country during Plantation-Owner Days, and they are hiring them for YOUR job that they moved out of this Country. But, you said that you have no problem with that...Well, I DO!
Especially, when prices for those products, that they are making in those Foreign Countries, are going up every week, by a large increase, in this Country.
So, the Big Corporations are getting their Labor for practically nothing, and at the same time, gouging the Consumers in this Country, who have no jobs to go to because the Big Corporations moved them All off-shore...and they are laughing all the way to the Bank at all of us, as they haul Truckloads of money to deposit in their Bank Accounts!
What a Sweet Scam they are perpetrating on all the American Workers and the Workers in Under-developed Countries, World-wide!
American Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
There's one simple way for the Teapublicans to prove that it's not them, but the Democrats that are responsible for all that you claim.
All they have to do is just stop opposing everything that the President and the Dems try to do! Then , it would be obvious to everybody who is actually destroying this Country. So, why do you suppose they won't do that, if you're right in what you think?
Could it be that the Teapublicans are really the Ones who are doing their best to destroy this Country and the Dems are the only Ones who are keeping them from totally succeeding? And therefore, everything is coming at a snail's pace, but we're still hanging on, barely?
To quote an old Military saying..."Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way". Since the Teapublicans won't Lead, and they won't Follow, the least they could do is, Get The Hell out of the Way, and then, we'd see just what kind of a job Obama and the Democrats would really do for this Country and all of us!
The Fact that the Teapublicans won't, tells me that THEY are really the Ones who are responsible for the Mess we're in and that THEY are responsible for us not getting out of it!
It's pretty plain, if you just stop and think about it, impartially, and reason it all out in your mind!
Hello, SSS I am very bad at English I guess. I have been wanting to ask you this question. Please don't bash me. This way out of left field. How come you capitalize a lot of what you post. For example "
"Get The Hell out of the Way," much of it is capitalized. Could you lease help me. Im not a jerk, this a real question. Thanks in advance. Were you and English teacher before? I feel stupid for asking this but just had to. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 min Wondering 8,612
Looking for Michael Brown 8 min leeroyturd 3
Mom of the "bless you" girl 10 min Guest 50
rich parents with kids 18 min hatinon 1
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 19 min impulses 3,505
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 19 min cudzu bandit 9,311
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 20 min Yankee 8,119
DCHS student suspended for saying bless you 3 hr God Bless 521
Dyersubrg City Mayor Poll 3 hr guest 45
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 7 hr The Real Smarty 97,242
Becky Winegardner 13 hr guest 39
•••
•••

Dyersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]