Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

Comments (Page 3,082)

Showing posts 61,621 - 61,640 of123,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of the problem is caused by us though, i.e. the American consumer. We will only pay the lowest price. For example, let's say a retailer is selling shovels. They have one model made in China and will only last about 6 months and is kind of flimsy. However, it is only $20. They have another model made in the U.S., very sturdy and will last a very long time, but it sells for $25. Which one do you think sells the best? I see this scenario every day. Nobody worries about the quality of what they purchase until after they buy it.
You're right Pete, but it is a catch 22 because it is hard to find anything made in the USA. I look for products made in America and have a hard time finding them. I for one am sick of the cheap junk that lasts five years at best. I have a kitchen full of new "top of the line" appliances, and I hate them. I put a $600 motherboard in the refrigerator shortly after the warranty expired. I have a 20 year old washer/dryer set that was made in America (still works well, but probably isn’t energy efficient) that I would like to replace if you can tell me where to get another set that was made in America that I won't be having work done on next year.

See, I told you many on this thread are not that far apart – I think the sincere posters here truly want what is best for this country even if there are some different views on how to accomplish it.
BOO HOO

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you both realize that there is one silent retail chain silently sneaking into rural communities wiping out the last private owned retail stores all across the southern US and now expanding beyond. DG Corp eases in, promises jobs to help the community. What they do is sign a 5 year lease on a building built to their standards, hire a handful of temporary stockers to get the store open, undercut the private owned businesses and run private owned business out. Then they let the stockers go sending in their own team and basically run the store from a corporate level. If it hasn't turned hopeful profits in 3 or 4 years they close the store, pay off the lease leaving the small community to die a silent death. This is being done to small communities all over and that certainly was never the plan of its founder.
Sorry REAL SASSY but your gonna have to dumb this down for these folks to understand what your sayin
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of the problem is caused by us though, i.e. the American consumer. We will only pay the lowest price. For example, let's say a retailer is selling shovels. They have one model made in China and will only last about 6 months and is kind of flimsy. However, it is only $20. They have another model made in the U.S., very sturdy and will last a very long time, but it sells for $25. Which one do you think sells the best? I see this scenario every day. Nobody worries about the quality of what they purchase until after they buy it.
I see that mentality in my own business "Pete" but it has been my experience that if I (or an employee) take a moment to sell a product instead of letting the customer choose...10 to 15% of those customers will change their mind about the cheapest alternative in favor of a higher quality product that will last much longer. This requires employees that care about our business, are not pushy but helpful, and know how to present alternatives in a positive light. I do not employ as many people as I once did, and after reading the comments from others...I have been blessed with comparitively few problems with mine. Still, I credit a PART of that with treating those I employ as I would wish to be treated, training them to know what I expect from them, paying them fairly, and for the most part, they have responded in kind.....or maybe I have just been lucky, as I have many times in my life !
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the Pentagon...you know how secretive they are and justifiably so, IMO. There were a few Congressional Staffers, one or two, in the Pentagon that morning on business and they gave some interviews, at the time, that I saw.
I have no doubt that it was real and happened just like we were told. I was glued to the TV for weeks and I saw all of it , at the time.
I didn't go to work that day to stay home and watch it...and I recorded all of the coverage for weeks afterwards, while I was at work, so I didn't miss much of it, if any of it.
I knew it was a once-in-a-Lifetime historical happening that would change our Lives forever and I didn't want to miss a minute of it, just because of the ramifications and misinformation that would be told about it, just like is happening on here. I also knew that it meant we were then at WAR, with all that entailed for American Lives and our Military.
And BTW, it was the tail of the Plane, it was at a slight angle and it was a little more than the last half sticking out of the building. maybe as much as 3/4ths sticking out. It set the Pentagon on fire, you know, but it was quickly contained and extinguished. Most of the plane was visible except for the front part. It might be on Youtube, everything else is....or you may can Google the picture and find it. I've seen it on the TV Newscasts more than once, at the time, and for a few years afterward, periodically.
Yeah Linda, I went back to quite a few sites about the Pentagon crash, and I have to admit it was a 757 that hit it.
I'm always very cautious about these things, ever since the Tonkin Gulf incident.
But thats not to say I was never fooled again.........I just have to look back at the Iraq war and see how I was fooled into that one. BTW, did you see "Hubris" on the Rachel Maddow Show, Monday Night?
The Original Bemused

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Smelly Sassy Senior wrote:
Folks, I want to warn you about a ripoff that's been going on for years. I may not be able to prove it, but so what! I've never been able to prove "ANYTHING" I blabber about so I'll exercize my rights just like everybody else. I want to warn everyone about Suzanne Somers' "thigh-master"! It's nothing but a scam from the get-go. To begin with, my legs were used in her infomercial videos to make her look good and I, for one, am totally sick of not getting any credit for it! I'm posting this so "ANYONE" can see the evidence. These are clearly "MY LEGS"! All the producer did was use that bitch's face, "EVERYTHING ELSE" is all me. ME!...ME!...ME!... These are the very legs you've all come to enjoy in the icon image...and you can see it for yourself! So WILLARD, before you say anything, go screw yourself!
Read 'em and weep, Charlie Girl!
http://bit.ly/H0zcT0
Good morning, smelly. I'm glad you posted the thigh-master video, and I wish now I had seen it much sooner. For years I was unsatisfied with mine and got no results, just injuries. You see, I thought it was a "stepper" for years and couldn't figure out how Suzanne's legs...I mean "YOUR" legs could be so damned awesome! Mine kept snapping up from my feet, injuring me where it hurts, my mouth! The Original Bemused and I worked out together for years and would hold each other upright as we did our reps while trying to keep our feet on the machine. The way we figued it, if we could just get legs like Suzanne..I mean like "YOUR LEGS" smelly, our personal preocuupations might improve! I also wanted to agree with The Original Bemused about your posts being so articulate, succinct, gathered and always relevant. You know I hate that awful "WILLARD," but he's right about one thing, your posts are great because you "ARE" always focused, never wandering, blabbering, hallucinating, etc.. So, take it from us "Gym Jocks," Suzanne's legs....I mean "YOUR LEGS" make us the men we are today! "Upchuckles"
Over-Exlaxed

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Sorry the above post is from me!
What happened

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

The 1956 Republican Platform

Wtf happened to their party? When did it take such a bad turn from this? Protecting Unions? Not no more. Protect workers and layoff rights? Not no more.

“The Eisenhower Administration will continue to fight for dynamic and progressive programs which, among other things, will:

Stimulate improved job safety of our workers, through assistance to the States, employees and employers;

Continue and further perfect its programs of assistance to the millions of workers with special employment problems, such as older workers, handicapped workers, members of minority groups, and migratory workers;

Strengthen and improve the Federal-State Employment Service and improve the effectiveness of the unemployment insurance system;

Protect by law, the assets of employee welfare and benefit plans so that workers who are the beneficiaries can be assured of their rightful benefits;

Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;

Federally-assisted construction, and maintain and continue the vigorous administration of the Federal prevailing minimum wage law for public supply contracts;

Extend the protection of the Federal minimum wage laws to as many more workers as is possible and practicable;

Continue to fight for the elimination of discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry or sex;

Provide assistance to improve the economic conditions of areas faced with persistent and substantial unemployment;

Revise and improve the Taft-Hartley Act so as to protect more effectively the rights of labor unions, management, the individual worker, and the public.

The protection of the right of workers to organize into unions and to bargain collectively is the firm and permanent policy of the Eisenhower Administration.”
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Over-Exlaxed wrote:
Oh boy another screen name ! I'm so impressed ! Are you 12 ? I am sure your slap and tickle partner will show up tonight...until then, all of her words of wisdom and your comments are still available for all to view and I am sure one of your other "partners" can relive last night's "experiences" with you....you sorry excuse for a human.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Linda, I went back to quite a few sites about the Pentagon crash, and I have to admit it was a 757 that hit it.
I'm always very cautious about these things, ever since the Tonkin Gulf incident.
But thats not to say I was never fooled again.........I just have to look back at the Iraq war and see how I was fooled into that one. BTW, did you see "Hubris" on the Rachel Maddow Show, Monday Night?
Well you could talk to my nieces ex husband who is a pilot for American Airlines and hear what he's got to say about some dufus manipulating a 757 to pull off that trick.
I didn't believe any of this either although I wouldn't put any thing past this govnment because they've already done every thing one could imaginge and then some.But I thought this 9/11 thing was too far out there.
Well I don't feel that way anymore.
Like I've said I'll listen just give me your reasons why you believe what you do and if it makes sense and your pattern of how you came to your conclusion fits I'll go for it.
Well a lot of these things are making more sense then the official story.Com e on building 7 comes down in 7 seconds from a friggen office fire? Sure.Metal flowing off the building like a foundry.Sure.No way.
Google- Pilots for 9/11 truth and Architects & Engineers for 9/11Truth

Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Over-Exlaxed wrote:
Come on Willard, AKA Carol, AKA MaryAnne, AKA The Original Bemused, AKA Over-Exlaxed(I apologize that I left out others) just wait until late tonight to have your cyber flings and costume changes.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>I seldom shop at WalMart, but that was not my point. Sorry you misses it!
No, I didn't miss your point. It was just so "overly excited" that I chose to only address why Wal-Mart may be seeing a downturn.

I saw a story on the local news a couple of weeks ago where a UT economist was talking about the signs of an improved economy. Some of them were:

More 18 wheeler trucks on the road because of increased shipping of goods - where I drive I can vouch for the increased truck traffic.

The price of paint increases - that one made me laugh, but I guess when people have more money they want to paint something.

The price of fuel increases - not that I like this any more than anyone else especially since we are running all diesel vehicles at over $4 a gallon.

So while it is much too slow for most of us, the economy is improving. That may all change next Friday if our government stays at a stalemate.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Welcome to Barack Obama's Middle Class

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Smelly Sassy Senior

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Over-Exlaxed wrote:
Oh, thank you Over-exlaxed. You are AT LEAST "INTELLIGENT ENOUGH" to know those are "MY" legs in the video. You have once again, in due course, in spite of Willard, in spite of all, in spite of Suzanne Somers, in spite of reality agreed with me - "PUNK"!.....I'm sorry, I didn't mean that, sort of! I want to thank you by singing the rest of this post, if you don't mind.

This is a song "I've" written for the occasion, titled "You light up my life"! First, That "Lying" Debbie Boone is a tea-publican plagiarist working to destroy the world with her stupidity, crazy ideas, good looks and poise alone. I can't stand her but I love the first verse!

THIS SHOULD BE SUNG TO THE MUSIC TO: "YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE" (Debbie Boone Singer)- AND A LIAR!!! LIAR!!! LIAR!!!

So many nights I sit by my window
Waiting for someone to sing me his song
So many dreams I kept deep inside me
Alone in the dark but now
You've come along

You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days
and fill my nights with song

Rollin' at sea, adrift on the water - My God, I love this part!
Could it be finally I'm turning for home?
Finally, a chance to say hey,
I love You
Never again to be all alone

You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days

You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days

It can't be wrong
When it feels so right
'Cause You
You light up my life

I'm sorry..I'm just touched right now. I'll have to finish what I wanted to say tomorrow.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you could talk to my nieces ex husband who is a pilot for American Airlines and hear what he's got to say about some dufus manipulating a 757 to pull off that trick.
I didn't believe any of this either although I wouldn't put any thing past this govnment because they've already done every thing one could imaginge and then some.But I thought this 9/11 thing was too far out there.
Well I don't feel that way anymore.
Like I've said I'll listen just give me your reasons why you believe what you do and if it makes sense and your pattern of how you came to your conclusion fits I'll go for it.
Well a lot of these things are making more sense then the official story.Com e on building 7 comes down in 7 seconds from a friggen office fire? Sure.Metal flowing off the building like a foundry.Sure.No way.
Google- Pilots for 9/11 truth and Architects & Engineers for 9/11Truth
Well Hey, I did forget to mention to Linda that I did have one question about that 757 hitting the Pentagon. That question being, I know they have 2 black boxes and I know they recovered both. Now I do understand the reason for not releasing the "Cockpit Voice Recorder" box to the public, but why not release the "Flight Data Recorder"?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Smelly Sassy Senior wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, thank you Over-exlaxed. You are AT LEAST "INTELLIGENT ENOUGH" to know those are "MY" legs in the video. You have once again, in due course, in spite of Willard, in spite of all, in spite of Suzanne Somers, in spite of reality agreed with me - "PUNK"!.....I'm sorry, I didn't mean that, sort of! I want to thank you by singing the rest of this post, if you don't mind.
This is a song "I've" written for the occasion, titled "You light up my life"! First, That "Lying" Debbie Boone is a tea-publican plagiarist working to destroy the world with her stupidity, crazy ideas, good looks and poise alone. I can't stand her but I love the first verse!
THIS SHOULD BE SUNG TO THE MUSIC TO: "YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE" (Debbie Boone Singer)- AND A LIAR!!! LIAR!!! LIAR!!!
So many nights I sit by my window
Waiting for someone to sing me his song
So many dreams I kept deep inside me
Alone in the dark but now
You've come along
You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days
Rollin' at sea, adrift on the water - My God, I love this part!
Could it be finally I'm turning for home?
Finally, a chance to say hey,
I love You
Never again to be all alone
You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days
You light up my life
You give me hope
To carry on
You light up my days
It can't be wrong
When it feels so right
'Cause You
You light up my life
I'm sorry..I'm just touched right now. I'll have to finish what I wanted to say tomorrow.
Dang Willard I'll have to sign off now because I'm getting that image(of you putting on 6" Stilletto heels and lipstick) that I believe "Unreal" posted about you. putting on
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Willard, AKA Carol, AKA MaryAnne, AKA The Original Bemused, AKA Over-Exlaxed(I apologize that I left out others) just wait until late tonight to have your cyber flings and costume changes.
Yeah, I've noticed that multiple pseudonyms are the choice of many if not most on this thread, and appears to be an interesting way to have "real fun"! I'm real tired of being accused of it all the time and thought I'd try it! Who knows, I might even come to like it! I may even come to like it a lot! The difference with my pseudonyms has to do with the issue of "intent to disguise"..there is none, nor has there ever been! I have never used a pseudonym except for obvious parody whereupon even an idiot would know it was me. I'm far to stubborn and motivated beyond ferocity itself to "Hide" behind anything! So, relax..you'll see me coming! No hocus-pocus here, sunshine!

Regarding costumes, I have no need. Stupid people parody themselves!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Yer just a tad bit late, Jay.

JAY LENO: Hey, over the weekend, President Obama played golf with Tiger Woods. And Tiger said the president was a very good golfer for a guy who only plays five days a week. You know, so, that's pretty good.[Laughter]

Actually, you know what the president's handicap is?

Anybody know?

Doesn't understand economics. That's the handicap. But other than that, other than that, he's fine.[Cheers, whistles, applause]

Cheers, whistles and applause to an Obama joke from a California audience.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

What's this about the Supreme court hearing the case of Obama's forged IDs?
The info showed up at"Before its news"
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Dang Willard I'll have to sign off now because I'm getting that image(of you putting on 6" Stilletto heels and lipstick) that I believe "Unreal" posted about you. putting on
Wake up, moron...you've got me confused with one of your many stupid friends!

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
Yer just a tad bit late, Jay.
JAY LENO: Hey, over the weekend, President Obama played golf with Tiger Woods. And Tiger said the president was a very good golfer for a guy who only plays five days a week. You know, so, that's pretty good.[Laughter]
Actually, you know what the president's handicap is?
Anybody know?
Doesn't understand economics. That's the handicap. But other than that, other than that, he's fine.[Cheers, whistles, applause]
Cheers, whistles and applause to an Obama joke from a California audience.
Okay lets get this straight. Obama wants to raise Taxes again. Raise the debt ceiling, enforce the "Wealthy" to be a higher tax bracket to "spread the wealth" Raise the min wage to $9.00, open the door for little toddlers to got to school at yet again another tax payers expense, change or impede the Second Amendment regarding guns. Force everyone to have insurance even at tax payers expense...the list goes on. However, at the same time the people that are receiving these benefits are not required to give back to society in anyway shape or form. Free housing, free medical, free food. Further, they don't think a simple drug scan to prove you are not using these benefits, when you really don't need them because it will cost the government to much in revenue to screen everyone. What???? Well if you screen everyone then...I'm think the program would pay for its self cause look how many would be dropped from the program. Further why would the government buy "food products" Like sodas, chips, cookies, candies, ice cream, donuts, the list goes on that is detrimental to ones health? The items are not essential to life. HOWEVER, these items ARE essential for life: Water, protein,(chicken, fish, beef, pork, tofu etc..) fresh/frozen vegies and fruits, beans, legumes, grains... etc... If you want to toxic your body with alcohol, there should a very high tax on that and sodas too. There is NOTHING beneficial in sodas. they are detrimental to ones health. Cigarettes are ABSOLUTELY ridiculous anyways why not it at 100 percent. Bet a lot of people would stop smoking, best stop smoking program in the world don't you think.
Finally, if you get anything free from the government you should be required to give back somehow in a fair spreed the wealth sort of way. Don't your think?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,621 - 61,640 of123,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

181 Users are viewing the Dyersburg Forum right now

Search the Dyersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
miracle pounds 2 min guest 6
Why is it so hard for a man to just stay FAITHFUL? (Jun '12) 3 min guest 143
Butler Heating & Air 8 min guest 16
3.1 magnitude earthquake reported in Tennessee 18 min guest 1
Yard Sales 18 min Buyer 1
dollar general behind mcdonalds 19 min Shopper 44
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 20 min The real ummmmmmm 95,169
New City Mayor 3 hr agree 38
Melissa Crews of Cold Noses Warm Hearts Rescue? (Aug '12) 12 hr For Real 49