Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

Comments (Page 2,930)

Showing posts 58,581 - 58,600 of138,913
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Ritalin is more potent than Cocaine.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...
Judgement Day

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Everybody already has guns((crazy people,mental problem people,drug dealers,ECT so whats the real point of the political b.s. one reason is to get peoples mind off the real issuses like mental health issues,national debt, ect, O and before u start the political bs about the second amendment..i do think the gun issues should be improved but that's not the real issue.just ask yourself what are we gonna do about the millions of guns that are already in the hands of bad people that's killin people every minute of every day.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Hey wrote:
Ritalin is more potent than Cocaine.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...
I subscribe to Dr.(?) Mercola's News Feed, too. And frankly, I think he's full of crap, but a good Huckster!
I've been meaning to unsubscribe and I just haven't gotten around to it, yet...so he'll stop cluttering up my email.
I'm sorry, but I've stopped reading his Stuff because I just don't think it's reliable. But, he's probaly made a small fortune , peddling that stuff, especially if I fell for it, initiality.
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judgement Day wrote:
Everybody already has guns((crazy people,mental problem people,drug dealers,ECT so whats the real point of the political b.s. one reason is to get peoples mind off the real issuses like mental health issues,national debt, ect, O and before u start the political bs about the second amendment..i do think the gun issues should be improved but that's not the real issue.just ask yourself what are we gonna do about the millions of guns that are already in the hands of bad people that's killin people every minute of every day.
Yea.I thought Fast and Furious was a real sweet way to get them guns in the hands of some real winners.
Perhaps we need to do this on a regular basis.But then maybe we do.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's because they know that we can't be spoon-fed propaganda and we'll just lap it up like we're starved for it without ever questioning any of it, like you Teapublicans do?
We check out information from whatever Source we can get it and then, think about it and come to our own decisions...something you Teapublicans seem to be unable to do! You know you do it, we know you do it, and the Republican Party Leaders know you do it! They lead you around like little stray Puppies and you never object to it!
If you weren't afraid of the truth,and if you were secure in what you claim to believe, you wouldn't object to whatever anybody put up because you could counter it, but you can't...so you do! it's all you know to do, try and stop anybody from expressing an opposing point of view. That's what your Party does and that's what you do, try to keep People from having a choice, to make their own decisions about which one is the best for the Country and for them. You should be called the "Mushroom Party" because you definitely are in the dark and full of chit and you want to keep everybody else that way, too!
@Dunlapian, this is why RS gets the treatment she does. This is her response to someone stating their opinion. This is a great example of her trying to bully someone into a corner versus the other way around. She does this on most of her posts. This is why I call her out.

Regarding Al Jazeera, if you are watching it to truly gain the perspective of another country, great. I don't agree with this, but I agree you have the right to do it. My issue was with RS basically chastising a news source she doesn't agree with and giving an anti-American news source a chance. Isn't Fox News giving another perspective than the Liberal perspective? If you want to hear other people's thoughts and perspectives, isn't Fox News providing another perspective to the Liberal one? Okay, Al Jazeera provides a different perspective as well. But if all you are doing is trying to see other people's perspectives and learn from it as she says, why bash the news source that you don't agree with? Using that philosophy, then I must assume she agrees with Al Jazeera's anti-America philosophy.

Intelligence also doesn't come from trolling on the internet all day reading whatever is on there. True intelligence comes from experience, education, open-mindedness, and the ability to retain information. There is no such thing as a PHD in Internet Trolling. However, according to RS, she is smarter than anyone on here and should be the one thinking for everyone else. Yet she blasphemes posters on here for not thinking for themselves. Do you see what I am getting at here?

There are some people on here who are in fact more experienced, better educated, smarter and more open minded than RS. However, in her world, she is more intelligent than everyone and everyone who disagrees with her is an idiot. Yes, I am relatively new on this thread, but I am not new to seeing how the internet has created internet bullies who try to bully everyone into thinking like they do from behind a keyboard. This infuriates me. If you are so adamant about your views, then go out in public and make your stance there. Don't do it behind the safety of a keyboard. And by all means don't try to be something you are not.

I apologize for the long post. I admire the way you state your views Dunlapian. You are respectful and courteous and I respect that. We disagree on political issues, but we can agree to disagree. This is not an option with RS. People like her degrade our country.
Judgement Day

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

To Nuh...THANK U FOR YOUR SERVICE I APPRECIATE WHAT U DONE SIR....AND TO ANY BODY ELSE THAT SERVED THIS COUNTRY ((THYANK YOU))
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
I did suck it up - unlike many of my friends, I lived and came back. Worked full time and went to school, got my degree, then eventually started my own business. Meanwhile I raised two girls - one is a nurse the other a school principal...both in service to others.
I do not receive a check every month...although I guess I could as I had heavy exposure to Agent Orange as a Marine Grunt in the I Corps area of Vietnam. My unit patrolled and lived in heavily sprayed areas near the DMZ and near Khe Sanh.
We often had to drink water from bomb craters polluted with Agent Orange. I've heard the level of dioxin contamination in Agent Orange could have been up to 1,000 times higher than the level of dioxin found in herbicides available here in the U.S.at the time.
I've had to curtail my physical activities in recent years... several neurologists have told me that Agent Orange (Dioxin Herbicide) Exposure in Vietnam was the probable cause of my polyneuropathy.
Youth...too bad it's wasted upon the young.
yeah, but the gov. does not want to hear about Agent Orange'
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I subscribe to Dr.(?) Mercola's News Feed, too. And frankly, I think he's full of crap, but a good Huckster!
I've been meaning to unsubscribe and I just haven't gotten around to it, yet...so he'll stop cluttering up my email.
I'm sorry, but I've stopped reading his Stuff because I just don't think it's reliable. But, he's probaly made a small fortune , peddling that stuff, especially if I fell for it, initiality.
So go take you meds and be happy
I've taken a few rounds of antibiotics in my life the rest has been herbs and supplements.
I have not cost the health insurance folks or medicare a damn cent.
I suffer no side effects from anything. I have put my trust in mother nature as people had done for thousands of years.
You just go after your Poison,Burn, and Cut and now your Obamacare will force me to pay for your stupidy and Big Pharmas profits.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
A dramatic change in personality can occur in some people.A child who drinks red sweet beverages for example can change from nice and pleasant to impossible or uncontrollable.Allergists see many children who have typical allergies and hyperactivity.There are many other characteristics associated with allergic tension fatigue syndrome(ATFC)such as headsaches,agression impossible behavior.
These children have trouble at home and at school.They are often thought to have ADD.Surprise.
What do you think about this Sassy?
"All in the book called "Is This Your Child"?
Yes,there are 626 pages of answers, options to drugging our as you say "Brats"
I think most of these Brats are that way because their Parents let them get by with anything their Little Hearts desire and that's NOT parenting!
My Kids were raised on Kool-aide of all colors and flavors, as well as Soft Drinks...as everybody else's were during that time and All of them were better behaved than any of them are now! So, I don't buy it! Spoiled Rotten Kids being raised by Irresponsible Parents , is the Main Problem, IMO! The "Me" Generation...if it feels good, DO IT! Because all that matters is Making Money and/or Using Drugs, of some kind! Buy the Kids everything their Hearts desire to keep them out of the Parents hair and Let Them Go, otherwise! That's a guaranteed Recipe for making a bunch of Selfish Brats, especially in the South , where their behavior is not that good under the best of circumstances, for most of them!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, but the gov. does not want to hear about Agent Orange'
That is not true. My Best Friend's Husband was exposed to Agent Orange and he died several years ago from Congestive Heart Disease due to it, and the Gov't was acknowledging it even back then, in the 70's and compensating him for it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Judgement Day wrote:
To Nuh...THANK U FOR YOUR SERVICE I APPRECIATE WHAT U DONE SIR....AND TO ANY BODY ELSE THAT SERVED THIS COUNTRY ((THYANK YOU))
I whole-Heartedly Agree! THANK YOU, One and All!
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most of these Brats are that way because their Parents let them get by with anything their Little Hearts desire and that's NOT parenting!
My Kids were raised on Kool-aide of all colors and flavors, as well as Soft Drinks...as everybody else's were during that time and All of them were better behaved than any of them are now! So, I don't buy it! Spoiled Rotten Kids being raised by Irresponsible Parents , is the Main Problem, IMO! The "Me" Generation...if it feels good, DO IT! Because all that matters is Making Money and/or Using Drugs, of some kind! Buy the Kids everything their Hearts desire to keep them out of the Parents hair and Let Them Go, otherwise! That's a guaranteed Recipe for making a bunch of Selfish Brats, especially in the South , where their behavior is not that good under the best of circumstances, for most of them!
I guess you can think that. It sure is a lot easier then reading 626 pages

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
So go take you meds and be happy
I've taken a few rounds of antibiotics in my life the rest has been herbs and supplements.
I have not cost the health insurance folks or medicare a damn cent.
I suffer no side effects from anything. I have put my trust in mother nature as people had done for thousands of years.
You just go after your Poison,Burn, and Cut and now your Obamacare will force me to pay for your stupidy and Big Pharmas profits.
I don't take any Meds, except for an occasional Claritin-D for my allergies...and I'm 65 years old...don't know how long my Luck will hold out, but so far, so good!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you can think that. It sure is a lot easier then reading 626 pages
Go to any large Retail Store and pay attention to how the Kids act... AND their Parents! You'll see it for yourself!
Judgement Day

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

RS You need to change your name to the kids JUDGE wow who peeeded in your froot loops have you been checked for ADHD if not you need to go get checked
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
I had heard a lot of compliments on the fairness of Al Jazeera'a reporting from World-wide News Organizations and Reporters, even American Reporters. In fact, they cite Al Jazeera for some of their Reports on the Middle East and in recent years, Al Jazeera seemed to have alot of respect in the Journalism Community, world-wide. so, I Googled it and didn't see any criticism Links, but I did find this. If it is constant Livestream, then any of you that are interested, can click on this Link , watch it , and decide for yourself what you think about it.
Couldn’t find any criticism, huh? How about the fact that Aljaz is wholly owned by the state of Qatar? And the state of Qatar is owned by the Emir of Qatar.

Qatar is an absolute monarchy. It’s “parliament” is no more than a consultative body, with no authority at all. In fact, its members are all appointed by the emir.

Qatar is also the only Wahhabi Islamic nation other than Saudi Arabia. Qatar is the only nation to have allowed the Afghan Taliban to establish a political office in Doha, the capital. Wahhabi Islam is the branch of Islam that gave birth to Al Qaeda.

Qatar is also a Shariah state. The government uses Sunni Shariah law as the basis of its criminal and civil regulations. Shariah is applied to all family law and inheritance issues as well.

The Emir like to cover all his bases. On one hand we use his tiny nation for military bases, but at the same time, Qatar is considered by the US as a significant source of funding for Jihadist terrorism.

“Al Jazeera's saturation coverage of the "Arab Spring" demonstrations and the war in Syria should not deceive the non-Arab public. Early in the "Arab Spring," in Egypt and other countries, Al Jazeera promoted the Muslim fundamentalists. Regarding Syria, Al Jazeera publicizes the demands for power by jihadists.”

The emir of Qatar and Al Jazeera have not covered the "Arab Spring" to advance democracy, but to support the Muslim Brotherhood, which is aligned with the Qatari regime. Al Jazeera television, with a staff mainly drawn from Muslim Brotherhood personnel, was founded by a Qatari royal decree, in an effort to legitimize the current emir's coup against his father in 1995. According to BBC News, Qatar assisted Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood government of President Muhamed Morsi, at the beginning of January 2013, with a loan of two billion U.S. dollars and a donation of nearly half a billion dollars, following an earlier financial deposit of 2.5 billion dollars and a grant of 500 million dollars from Qatar to Egypt.

How about those numbers. What they mean is their payment to Al Gore for $100M was a drop in the bucket for them. And what do they get for his relatively paltry amount?

ACCESS to the US Government by a former vice president. Good deal.

Read:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3545/al-jaz...

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...

As a woman, you might want to read the first article and see how ALJAZ treats women.

Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure don't nor do I receive a check every month for having done so but I bet you do. Stop bitching you were paid handsomely to do a job and you done it. No one owes you anything more than what your getting. Suck it up son! Let that be a lesson to the youth to stay In school and get a real job.
You type a lot for someone who knows so little.
Unless this man made a career of the military, he doesn't get a check every month, and if you knew anything about the military you would know servicemen and women have never been "paid handsomely".
This man may have been a kid who was DRAFTED into the service and trained to kill people, no matter that he may not have wanted to serve or fight or kill.... Then after training, shipped halfway across the globe to fight in a place which has been described as a "Hell on earth". He could just as easily have become one of over 50 THOUSAND young men who were killed in a war that public opinion had turned against. Thank God he survived...and upon returning to the USA, was he welcomed by a parade or cheering crowds ? Probably not, most returned to have misguided Americans blame the kids who served, instead of the politicians who ordered them to fight a war those politicians did their best to lose, and the public no longer supported.
How dare you post crap like that ?
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take any Meds, except for an occasional Claritin-D for my allergies...and I'm 65 years old...don't know how long my Luck will hold out, but so far, so good!
Well alrighty then. So just get on your broom.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You type a lot for someone who knows so little.
Unless this man made a career of the military, he doesn't get a check every month, and if you knew anything about the military you would know servicemen and women have never been "paid handsomely".
This man may have been a kid who was DRAFTED into the service and trained to kill people, no matter that he may not have wanted to serve or fight or kill.... Then after training, shipped halfway across the globe to fight in a place which has been described as a "Hell on earth". He could just as easily have become one of over 50 THOUSAND young men who were killed in a war that public opinion had turned against. Thank God he survived...and upon returning to the USA, was he welcomed by a parade or cheering crowds ? Probably not, most returned to have misguided Americans blame the kids who served, instead of the politicians who ordered them to fight a war those politicians did their best to lose, and the public no longer supported.
Horrah give her hell for us.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You type a lot for someone who knows so little.
Thanks for that OT. Actually, my mom died when I was 6 and my dad at 9 - so I was passed around the family until the state took over. At 17 I joined the Marine Corps to just get out, so I wasn't drafted...I knew where I was headed too and didn't care - that didn't matter, because at that age, you know everything.

Enlistment in 1967 for 17 year olds was 3 years...1st stop was Parris Island, then to Advanced Infantry Training (Camp Lejeune), Next was Camp Pendleton where I was until after I turned 18 and was sent to Vietnam in 1968.

Was only in-country a few days until Dai Do where we ended up fighting around 6,000 NVA - with about 900 Marines. I am particulary proud of my company comander - who was wounded three times and earned the Medal of Honor (although he wouldn't appreciate me saying that), in hand to hand combat.

After Dai Do, a couple of our pvts were transferred from 1st Platoon to 2nd Platoon because 2nd Platoon had only 3 men in it. 1st Platoon still had about 7 men left.

At full strength a platoon would number over forty men. By the end of three days of combat, not one platoon in my company had 10 men. As a new guy, I got the order to help place the dead Marines in body bags...One of the dead was a friend of mine that I'd met at Lejune who had 12 months in - and was about to come home. We had to tie a rope to his arm, move away, and roll his body to check for booby traps.

I don't post this out of bravado nor do I do so seeking pity. I intend to let those who have no idea what war is READ about it and it is my hope that they understand that the only 'equality' in combat is the equal chance of death.

Each of us who has been in combat, whether it be WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq, & Afghanistan have our own experiences - personally, a sustained shelling over time is just about enough to break the strongest willed person. I don't want my granddaughters - or anybody's daughter to experience that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 58,581 - 58,600 of138,913
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Dyersburg Forum right now

Search the Dyersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
There is going to be a new sheriff 2 min Bumer crop 4
clayton haynes dirty two bit person or queer 51 min Tom 5
election predictions 53 min Kim 64
Finley Boys aka punks 1 hr oh boy 9
Christians vs Atheist (War of Beliefs) 3 hr guest 89
practice range 4 hr Legendary 3
Bag a Burger 4 hr Legendary 46
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 11 hr Curious 96,621
•••