Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64158 Jan 30, 2013
Not Willard wrote:
<quoted text>Your small guns will never stop the government from anything. They have BIG guns and more of them......you are deceiving yourself if you think otherwise.
Um..OK.

Vietnam and Somolia are but two in our recent past where 'small' guns in the hands of a very determined enemy caused us with 'big' guns a lot of death and grief.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64159 Jan 30, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
What on Earth is going on, in this Country, with Gunmen and School Children?
----------
"Child Hostage Drama After Gunman Kills Alabama School Bus Driver."
Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57566577/...
Another shooting in a gun-free zone.

Just why has there never been a mass shooting at like, say, a shooting range - or a gun show?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#64160 Jan 30, 2013
If this is true ,and I'm guessing that it is, he's a Dirty Democrat and he needs to go! Dems like him give all Dems a bad name!
----------
"FBI Raids West Palm Beach Office Of Doctor Tied To U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez."

("The FBI raided the office of a South Florida eye Doctor who last year was accused of providing prostitutes to longtime ally Sen. Bob Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat.")

Click here:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/29/3207543...
TMod

United States

#64161 Jan 30, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
If this is true ,and I'm guessing that it is, he's a Dirty Democrat and he needs to go! Dems like him give all Dems a bad name!
----------

("The FBI raided the office of a South Florida eye Doctor who last year was accused of providing prostitutes to longtime ally Sen. Bob Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat.")

Click here:
Spamming must cease immediately! Thanks. TMod
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64162 Jan 30, 2013
LOL
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64163 Jan 30, 2013
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."-Daniel Webster
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#64164 Jan 30, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you agree that nothing will stop a nut from obtaining a gun and using it, why are you willing to give up 2nd amendment rights for nothing?
Who said I was willing to give up 2nd amendment rights ?
Go back through this thread and find a post from me that indicates that I want anyone's guns confiscated....then get back to me.

Personally, I see no reason for the general public to own an assault weapon, but what I think should be done legislatively, is to outlaw large capacity magazines...and I believe the ban on these should never have been allowed to lapse. I see NOTHING in that opinion that takes anyone's second amendment rights....but it might save a life or two.

I happen to think lives are valuable. The way some people act, life is cheap, unless it's theirs. I watched in horror as an audience applauded and cheered when the moderator asked if an American citizen should die if they got sick without health insurance to the Republican slate of presidential candidates. If I had been among them, I would have had to leave THEN and take a LONG shower in the hopes of washing off that slime.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#64165 Jan 30, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
"Two Iraqis Living In U.S.(Kentucky) Sentenced In Terrorism Case."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/30/two-ira...
I'm glad our Government is finding these terrorist and putting them away. Kentucky of all places.......who would of thought!
Ya know, I don't believe we would hear this on the "Main Stream" media, so to speak. They speak about the adventures of Justin Bever, that linebacker from Notre Dame so on and so forth.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64166 Jan 30, 2013
A Letter From The Special Forces Community Concerning The Second Amendment - 1100 Green Berets Signed this Letter

We have a list of all their names and unlike any MSM outlets we can confirm that over 1100 Green Berets did sign. The list includes Special Forces Major Generals & Special Forces Command Sergeants Major down to the lowest ranking “Green Beret”.

The letter stands for itself.

http://guardianofvalor.com/a-letter-from-the-...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#64167 Jan 30, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I agree about Jon Stewart, Dunlapian.:)
This is Article is definitely not funny , but I found it very interesting. I'm afraid we will wind up back in afghanistan, again,at some point in time, after reading this...if we ever completely leave it to begin with.
----------
"America Lost In Afghanistan. What Happens Next?"
("Three lousy options for Afghanistan's future.")
Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/c...
Sassy, just like Ghengis Khan. Alexander The Great.....we came, we defeated them, then we left.
This is what the Afgans are use to.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64168 Jan 30, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Another shooting in a gun-free zone.
Just why has there never been a mass shooting at like, say, a shooting range - or a gun show?
Very good---- it does seem that all types of gun free zones have been attacked lately. Maybe the author of the following blog will get a new idea.

http://justifiedends.blogspot.com/
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64169 Jan 30, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
----------
Click here:
which one the dity doctor of the Senator. OH, of course it the doctor. He was at fault for providing the sluts and tempting the senator. Poor fellow that senator.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#64170 Jan 30, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> IF responsible gun owners could police the nuts with guns, and stop the carnage done by irresponsible ones....there would not be any need for more regulations. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to...so far.
I know some have reading comprehension problems, so brought my comment forward....The key words are "IF" and "COULD" ... I know those are a big words !

The medical profession oversees it's members through the AMA, the lawyers through the Bar, IF responsible gun owners do not want more government involvement....perhaps it is time for them to get together and create a system like those..... Maybe the NRA should divert some of the money they use to lobby congress to help set up such an entity.
Those of you who wish to do NOTHING, will see the general public turn against you if these incidents keep coming. There are a bunch of Americans who hug their assault weapons and high capacity magazines before going to bed at night....but there are a lot more who hug their kids and grandkids, and it would pay dividends for the former group to remember that.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64171 Jan 30, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Who said I was willing to give up 2nd amendment rights ?
Go back through this thread and find a post from me that indicates that I want anyone's guns confiscated....then get back to me.
Personally, I see no reason for the general public to own an assault weapon, but what I think should be done legislatively, is to outlaw large capacity magazines...and I believe the ban on these should never have been allowed to lapse. I see NOTHING in that opinion that takes anyone's second amendment rights....but it might save a life or two.
I happen to think lives are valuable. The way some people act, life is cheap, unless it's theirs. I watched in horror as an audience applauded and cheered when the moderator asked if an American citizen should die if they got sick without health insurance to the Republican slate of presidential candidates. If I had been among them, I would have had to leave THEN and take a LONG shower in the hopes of washing off that slime.
Haven't you seen the studies that gives reliable results showing that the ban on these (so-called-assault) weapons did nothing to prevent mass murders.

In addition to that, The term 'assault weapon' is only distinguished from other semi-automatic weapons by its hand grip and folding stock. The 30 or 40 round magazines (while I do not use nor see a need for them) only add one to two more seconds of not shooting while changing a clip. Someone one on this forum stated that these few seconds would be time enough for someone to get him. Yeah, if they had a gun.

Why do you dem/libs want to ban guns and not enforce the laws on the books. It is a mystery. Check out Chicago. 99.9% of all gun deaths were not the result of an assault weapon. Lets get rid of all pistols. Guess I could turn mine in and then go out on the street and pickup another. Tennessee already does background checks far better than the FBI. I know: you just want the guns and a preceived saftey.
Who was it that said: "Those who trade liberty for security have neither."
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64172 Jan 30, 2013
It's ridiculous to hold the freedom, health and happiness of the many hostage to the potentially bad actions of the few.

For instance, it doesn't take a genius to realize that James E. Holmes, the man charged in the shooting rampage at the Aurora, Colo., premiere of "The Dark Night Rises," was at least somewhat inspired by the Batman movies. The evil freak dyed his hair orange and called himself "The Joker."

But hundreds of millions of people saw one of the Batman movies. Let's imagine those movies are 100% to blame for the Aurora shooting. Even under that ridiculous assumption, that would mean that something like 99.999999999% of consumers of those products were unharmed or unaffected. Similarly, the number of law-abiding gun owners dwarfs the number of mass murderers. And guns actually stop crimes too.

The same problem exists on the mental health side of the equation. We all know people who fit the description of one of these shooters before they actually killed anyone. Loners, socially awkward, etc. How many of those people turn into mass murderers? Not many. How do you propose weeding out the potential mass killers without horribly mistreating the innocent?

President Obama has said that anything is worth it "if even one life can be saved." Citing Newtown in his inaugural address Monday, he said that our journey as a nation will not be complete until we know our children are "always safe from harm."

First, common sense tells us that's ridiculously impossible. Moreover, a Nestorite standard would not only do terrible violence to the 1st, 2nd and 5th Amendments, it would indisputably hold the freedom, health and happiness of the many hostage to the potentially bad actions of the few.

Now...

Most people can eat peanuts; a relative few of us cannot. If the approach espoused by anti-second amendment gun-control zealots concerning "assault rifles" is to be taken - here's what they would do: ban peanuts for everyone to prevent anyone from being harmed.

Location hidden

#64173 Jan 30, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad our Government is finding these terrorist and putting them away. Kentucky of all places.......who would of thought!
Ya know, I don't believe we would hear this on the "Main Stream" media, so to speak. They speak about the adventures of Justin Bever, that linebacker from Notre Dame so on and so forth.
You're absolutely right, so far. Of all the News Feeds I subscribe to and all the Headlines on each one, this is the only place I've seen it...so far!
It might be on a KY Newspaper News Feed, but I don't subscribe to any of the Ones from that State.

Location hidden

#64174 Jan 30, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you seen the studies that gives reliable results showing that the ban on these (so-called-assault) weapons did nothing to prevent mass murders.
In addition to that, The term 'assault weapon' is only distinguished from other semi-automatic weapons by its hand grip and folding stock. The 30 or 40 round magazines (while I do not use nor see a need for them) only add one to two more seconds of not shooting while changing a clip. Someone one on this forum stated that these few seconds would be time enough for someone to get him. Yeah, if they had a gun.
Why do you dem/libs want to ban guns and not enforce the laws on the books. It is a mystery. Check out Chicago. 99.9% of all gun deaths were not the result of an assault weapon. Lets get rid of all pistols. Guess I could turn mine in and then go out on the street and pickup another. Tennessee already does background checks far better than the FBI. I know: you just want the guns and a preceived saftey.
Who was it that said: "Those who trade liberty for security have neither."
I believe the correct quote is ...DESERVE neither... not "have" neither. there's a different meaning to the quote, changed by that one word!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64175 Jan 30, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Who said I was willing to give up 2nd amendment rights ?
I watched them all and did not hear that statement. Have you got a quote on that or was it what you wanted to hear. Yes they applauded and I do to the implications that the gov. tells you that you have to buy healthcare and can tax(penalize)you if you
don't. By what you said, I just stated the same thing to your ears. you dem/libs are good. If the repubs. have any kind of chance to turn this around, they are going to have to get down in the sh_t with you and start throwing it as well. May the best sh_t ball win.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64176 Jan 30, 2013
Can't afford an AR-15? Think they look to scary? Worried what your Dem-Lib coworkers will think while you cling to your guns & religion?

Uncle Sam will be more than happy to sell you a field grade, surplus Springfield M1 Garand via the Civilian Marksmanship Program. They'll even ship to your doorstep!

They are a thing of beauty. You will be owning a piece of Americana. Shoot it,enjoy it and I guarantee it will put a smile on your face.

"In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised." LGEN George S. Patton, Jr.

http://www.thecmp.org/
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64177 Jan 30, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad our Government is finding these terrorist and putting them away. Kentucky of all places.......who would of thought!
NO--you would not hear it on the dem/lib media 2,4 and 5. But they did tell it on FOX.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is Great 12 min The Real Smarty 152
"Bless you" incident debunked 14 min God Warrior 24
Any Factories Hiring Fulltime 34 min truth75 8
missing man ? 59 min Sweet Annie 173
Fall Festival Parking Saturday? 1 hr guest 1
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 2 hr Misty Fitch 8,216
Caleb Hendrix 2 hr For real 1
More Sheriff Box Blunders 2 hr guest 15
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 3 hr nandoo 97,304
Shame on WalMart! 12 hr John 11