Sharp Shooter

Romania

#63286 Jan 22, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you are a better shot than I am if you can hit "animals" or "attackers" with "a good aim with one shot" as you state. Personally I would need multiple shots for multiple targets. You don't think about what you type before you type it do you?
I could shoot the balls off a gnat at 100 yards while drinking a beer.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63288 Jan 22, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
fortunately when they do get caught, the gop gets rids of them. But when the dem/libs get caught (i.e. clinton, etc)its a horse of a different color. You don't get rid of them , you just move them to another position. If you open your eyes long enough it is actually happening today in the Obama administration.
Double Standard you bet
John Ensign?

Larry Craig?

David Vitter?

Mark Foley?

Location hidden

#63289 Jan 22, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Some here should follow this entire string of comments on the thread. A comment was posted about Republicans bombing the sh!t out of people. I responded with Obama flying drones at them. My point, that went over so many heads here, is that both parties are doing it. Instead of admitting that Obama bombs people too they had to turn it to "would you rather have our boys and girls in harms way?" BTW they are Men and women not boys and girls. Last I heard we only allow adults to enlist. Typical Liberal, change the subject instead of admitting someone else is right too.
Personally, I think that Bush 1 did the right thing in Desert Storm. We fought that primarily with air power. The troops on the ground were a lot less in harms way than in other wars. But if you drop bombs or fly drones at them you still have the people who scream about collateral damage(foreign innocents dying). It can't be both ways. Air wars keep our troops safer but have increased collateral damage. Ground wars enable you to be more selective of targets and keep collateral damage down but increases the risk to our troops. Take your pick.
Call me an old man, but I consider an 18 year old male a "boy."

Location hidden

#63290 Jan 22, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Who blocked Obama's 2nd budget proposal in 2010 when Democrats controlled both houses? Who blocked Obama's last budget proposal that got zero votes in the house and the Democratic Senate.(97-0 and 414-0) This president cannot even bring his own party together to back him. The Democratic Senate has not passed an Obama budget proposal in 3 years. But blame it on the Tea Party, not the President. Or should I say wannabe dictator?
A conservative said "dictator!"

Everybody take a drink!!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63291 Jan 23, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Some here should follow this entire string of comments on the thread. A comment was posted about Republicans bombing the sh!t out of people. I responded with Obama flying drones at them. My point, that went over so many heads here, is that both parties are doing it. Instead of admitting that Obama bombs people too they had to turn it to "would you rather have our boys and girls in harms way?" BTW they are Men and women not boys and girls. Last I heard we only allow adults to enlist. Typical Liberal, change the subject instead of admitting someone else is right too.
Personally, I think that Bush 1 did the right thing in Desert Storm. We fought that primarily with air power. The troops on the ground were a lot less in harms way than in other wars. But if you drop bombs or fly drones at them you still have the people who scream about collateral damage(foreign innocents dying). It can't be both ways. Air wars keep our troops safer but have increased collateral damage. Ground wars enable you to be more selective of targets and keep collateral damage down but increases the risk to our troops. Take your pick.
As time goes on and military technology is such that we can now take out our enemy from far away.
Yes we will always have collateral damage, but boots on the ground will always finish the job, but at the same time will stir up trouble, with the locals.
Let's not forget who we are fightning over there, for the most part they are a very simple people, but not all. There will always be those that will take the killing to us directly.......be ready for it and don't be surprised when it happens. One of my biggest worry's is a cyber attack/attacks, no blood just a complete collaspe of our way of life.
But again we are moving on with different types of attacks....call it military or whatever.
As a Liberal, I hope I did not change the subject, if I did just let me know and we can discuss these issues one at a time. As a Liberal I am not always right and I do like to hear from Conservatives about these issues, as they are not always wrong.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63292 Jan 23, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
OA, when I was in Nam I was 21/22, and as a male I was still thinking like a boy with the body of a man.
You see males develop their "frontal lobes" the discision part of the brain, at about 23......and this is a good reason to use young males, as they have the body of a man but the brain of a kid.
But it's really a non-issue to me, but I know some on this forum will make it an issue.
jenny craig

United States

#63293 Jan 23, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>OA, when I was in Nam I was 21/22, and as a male I was still thinking like a boy with the body of a man.
You see males develop their "frontal lobes" the discision part of the brain, at about 23......and this is a good reason to use young males, as they have the body of a man but the brain of a kid.
But it's really a non-issue to me, but I know some on this forum will make it an issue.
News Flash! You attempted to do just that. Grow up!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63294 Jan 23, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>OA, when I was in Nam I was 21/22, and as a male I was still thinking like a boy with the body of a man.
Very good point. Unfortunately the experiences had affect the brain - and the person - forever.

Semper Fi

G Company, 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, 9th MAB, 3rd Marine Division-1968
who cares

Livingston, TN

#63295 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Clinton should have done like Reagan and stuck to "I don't recall." Reagan said this 88 times during the Iran-Contra hearings.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1990-02-23...
From what I`ve read about the man he didnt remember to much.I`m suprised he could even piss without help.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63296 Jan 23, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good point. Unfortunately the experiences had affect the brain - and the person - forever.
Semper Fi
G Company, 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, 9th MAB, 3rd Marine Division-1968
You are 100% correct!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63297 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Everybody take a drink!!
Now OA, I can't play that drinking game, because if I did I would pass out, before the sun goes down.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63298 Jan 23, 2013
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I`ve read about the man he didnt remember to much.I`m suprised he could even piss without help.
Ya know, towards the end of being President, I really believe he had the beginning stages of Alzheimers. I think his personal Doctor knew this and should of made an issue of it.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63299 Jan 23, 2013
I always thought with the way things are going China would take us over without firing a shot.
This article has been brought to my attention by none other then Alex Jones.
From... The Economic Collapse.Does China Plan To Establish "China Cities" And "Special Economic Zones" All Over Amercia
I believe they are cause Alex says so.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63300 Jan 23, 2013
Sharp Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>I could shoot the balls off a gnat at 100 yards while drinking a beer.
Personally speaking, it is a LITTLE harder to hit something if they who you are shooting at are shooting at ou. You tend to keep your head down more and make quicker shoots which result in misses. Go ahead and turn in you guns for money-dope or whatever. Thats what the gov. wants you to do DEAD-EYE.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63301 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, well at my age I would probably call you a boy but lets give the respect where it is warranted. You dem/libs tend to slough everything off as it didn't mean anything. Reminds me of the 60's and the hippie days. They are the ones that are running the country now. Just look at our very own home grown terrorist. Bill Ayers
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63302 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Everybody take a drink!!
You probably don't know what that word "dictator" means. I'd suggest you look it up and keep it close cause that is what we got coming our way, a dictator-ship.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63303 Jan 23, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
All of these things you mention are available to everyone, but it is the person who risks everything that they and their family have to start a business that built that business. Everyone did not take the risk. The risk taker built his business, not the Government.
Yes, they are available to everyone, because they are paid fo by everyone. Thank you for making my point. BUT businesses could not exist without them, and those things would not exist without a government to collect taxpayer's money, pool it and build them.
You seem to feel like government is an enemy, but it can be a force for good, since it can do collectively what individuals can't. THAT is all I meant when I posted that list.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63304 Jan 23, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you are a better shot than I am if you can hit "animals" or "attackers" with "a good aim with one shot" as you state. Personally I would need multiple shots for multiple targets. You don't think about what you type before you type it do you?
I am a good shot !
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63305 Jan 23, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Who blocked Obama's 2nd budget proposal in 2010 when Democrats controlled both houses? Who blocked Obama's last budget proposal that got zero votes in the house and the Democratic Senate.(97-0 and 414-0) This president cannot even bring his own party together to back him. The Democratic Senate has not passed an Obama budget proposal in 3 years. But blame it on the Tea Party, not the President. Or should I say wannabe dictator?
If you study politics, you know why that bdget got no Democratic votes. The Dems knew it had no chance of becoming law, and that the Republicans would beat them over the head with it in the congressional races, so leadership made a decision that no members would support it. That is politics.
I watched and I assume you did also as Republicans used the ACA savings, taken from Medicare as a campaign issue, even though the Ryan Budget which passed out of the House contained virtually the same cuts...which were NOT used for alternative healthcare. That is politics too....like either or not.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63306 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Then we should take away his right to vote, don't you think?

Actually, Obamacare has redefined boy and girl to 26.

Perhaps what we should do is move the voting age and drinking age to 26 as well.

It pays to be consistent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meth, synthetic marijuana, now prescription pills 3 min chitown 20
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 12 min Guest 99,198
magen wells (Dec '11) 16 min stacie 15
Tatto 43 min Guest 6
Dairy Queen 48 min Guest 3
place to cash in can tabs (Mar '12) 1 hr parker 39
God is Great 1 hr makes no sense 945
caitlin p. in jail again 1 hr old friend 10
Dyer County High School Tue justsaying 12
Dyersburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dyersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dyersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:09 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:09PM
Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
NBC Sports 4:55 AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars