Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62803 Jan 18, 2013
By limiting the number of rounds in a magazine to 7...the liberals effectively negated the use of about 95% of the semi-automatic handguns in NY. Pretty slick on their part.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62804 Jan 18, 2013
I bet Obama, et. al. bribed him with a cheeseburger...

Chris Christie: NRA Ad Reprehensible

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/17/chr...
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#62805 Jan 18, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I don't hate FOX, I just take them for what they are, a propaganda outfit that is masquerading as a legitimate "news" source. Sometimes I enjoy them....Beck and his caliphate, Orielly and his war on Christmas ! I enjoy a couple of the shows on MSNBC too....but I don't take what they report as Gospel until I check it out elsewhere. These are news sources with an agenda, you know.. the kind of information the old USSR put out on their government owned "news". The stuff I was raised to despise as opposed to our own unbiased news reporting in the USA ! Chuckles !!
Again we are closed to the same thinking. One thing I like about FOX is that no matter what the story is, they will bring it to our attention where the others, if it has some thing to do whith the Obama Admin. does not even mention it a lot of the times. You see, I watch them as well----soooooomtimes.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#62806 Jan 18, 2013
TO the gold seekers.

Never has a nation went to gold or silver currency in the event of an entire collapse of the government. The new gov. just prints more money and confiscates the gold and silver from those who have it.

Gold will be the money of kings
Silver will be the money of Noblemen
Barter will be the money of Commoners (middle class)
Welfare will be the money of the poor

NOTE: Robinhood(s) will always try to take it from all.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#62807 Jan 18, 2013
Nuh wrote:
By limiting the number of rounds in a magazine to 7...the liberals effectively negated the use of about 95% of the semi-automatic handguns in NY. Pretty slick on their part.
Why so????? magazines is simply a box with a spring in it. They will simply place a block in the bottom of the mag,(much like a shotgun) to prevent more than seven shells in the mag. The gun can still be used.

You are afraid of fear itself.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62808 Jan 18, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so????? magazines is simply a box with a spring in it. They will simply place a block in the bottom of the mag,(much like a shotgun) to prevent more than seven shells in the mag. The gun can still be used.
You are afraid of fear itself.
True, mfg. will change the magazines to accept only 7 to sell in one state....increasing the cost.

I'm not afraid, even though I don't live in NY that has the strictest gun laws in the country and therefore has the safest streets!
Really Sassy

Duluth, GA

#62810 Jan 18, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, you are right Buffett said he paid less taxes than his secretary because he made his money from investments and she made hers from labor. His investment income was subject to a capital gains tax capped at 15%. That was the top rate no matter how much cash in the form of dividends, interest, profit from sale of stock he earned . Her top INCOME tax rate was 34.9% for her labor. THEN her first 110 odd thousand dollars were ALSO subject to payroll taxes of approx 7%... Fair ? Not in my opinion.(again, you are entitled to yours !)
Lets suppose, for the purposes of this discussion that you have a half million dollars to invest. You have an idea for a business, you can put your money at risk, work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, hire help and work some more...become successful. You will owe the government income taxes at..oh say 28% AND an additional 14%(employers and employees part) payroll tax on your first $110k of salary. or....
You can hire a good stock guru and if he chooses well, and you make money, you owe a capped 15% flat.
In these scenarios all capital is at risk, but which one has been incentivised in the code ???
Which one (in your mind) contributes more to the economy ?
I see NO comparison. Small business is where the jobs come from in our country now.
Again, I understand where you are coming from...contrary to the beliefs of a lot of my conservative friends on this thread I am not stupid, I just disagree with you !
I won't his secretary's job.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62809 Jan 18, 2013
The Queen's Riddle

Barack Obama met with the Queen of England.

He asked her, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give to me?"

"Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."

Obama frowned, and then asked, "But how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?"

The Queen took a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy; you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle." The Queen pushed a button on her intercom.

"Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?"

Tony Blair walked into the room and said, "Yes, my Queen?"

The Queen smiled and said, "Answer me this please,Tony, your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister.

Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answered,"That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," said the Queen.

Obama went back home to ask Joe Biden, his vice president the same question. "Joe, answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," said Biden. "Let me get back to you on that one..." He went to his advisors and asked every one, but none could give him an answer. Finally, he ended up in the men's room and recognized John Boehner's shoes in the next stall. Biden asked Powell, "Johnny, can you answer this formed? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

John Boehner yelled back, "That's easy, it's me!"

Biden smiled, and said, "Thanks!" Then, he went back to speak with Obama. "Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle.

It's John Boehner!"

Obama got up, stomped over to Biden, and angrily yelled into his face, "No! you idiot! It's Tony Blair!"
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62811 Jan 18, 2013
Well one thing is for sure about the NY gun control law...it should make the police and criminals all equal! Because the law was passed for 7 max bullets, so that's all the bad guys will be allowed to have also. It's the law you know.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62812 Jan 18, 2013
Idiocy in Action:

There’s controversy at a Talbot County,MD school after two 6-year-old boys were suspended while playing cops and robbers during recess and using their fingers to make an imaginary gun.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/01/15/pare...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62813 Jan 18, 2013
Wow! This sounds familiar from History class....

A West Point think tank has issued a paper warning America about “far right” groups such as the “anti-federalist” movement, which supports “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.”

It says anti-federalists “espouse strong convictions regarding the federal government, believing it to be corrupt and tyrannical, with a natural tendency to intrude on individuals’ civil and constitutional rights. Finally, they support civil activism, individual freedoms, and self government. Extremists in the anti-federalist movement direct most their violence against the federal government and its proxies in law enforcement.”
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62814 Jan 18, 2013
The Obama administration has adopted their "triggering" definitions of a modern rifle so that they can "remove the weapons of war."
Possibly the only good thing about Obama's recent legislation is a heavier funding for mental health. But it's only lip service. The amount allocated, when spread out over the country, will be minuscule for each state, county, city, school system, you get the idea. Then there will be the historical and natural governmental tendency to centralize expenditures in major population centers. That would seem logical, except U.S. mass murders involving weapons of war don’t seem to be occurring in metropolitan areas, so this will be wasted money and effort as well.
There is the fear of HIPPA violations with this new legislation; the coercing of doctors into asking each patient what kinds of guns they have at home and then "reporting in." The chance or opportunity for misusing shared privileged information between all agencies of government is a given. This is too much exposure for identity theft, defamation and unwarranted disclosure without permission.
Obama had to make these executive orders. He couldn't get gun legislation passed in his first term while most of the House and Senate members were card carrying concealed permit holders. When this failed, he directed his State Department lap-dog to go behind congress' back and pony-up for gun reform utilizing the United Nations.
Remember, this is the same woman who four years earlier during the primary campaign, said Obama's "uplifting rhetoric is empty. "Slick Hillary? This had no chance of working either because there was no likelihood 50 states would ratify the measure. Now, Obama's last chance came, serendipitously, a month after Sandy Hook. He will go door-to-door to cram it down our throats, but only because they have, maturely, seen the writin' on the wall and passage will not be easy.
The biggest problem with all of this is history. In viewing populations on a macro-scale, tiny inputs of change will not produce measurable changes in "historical inertia." But shock and panic can stem public opinion much quicker than solemn thought and logic. Obama knows this, and selective-opportunist that he is, is pushing through his own agenda on the coat-tails of a tragedy. Shameful behavior for a grown-up.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#62815 Jan 18, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's a "First". It's the "first" time I have ever had somebody try to scare me into being nice to them, without actually threatening me.
Baby, you should know that stuff doesn't work with me. In fact, it usually works the very opposite and you should know that, too.
If you want me to be nice to you, then be nice to me. You'll get from me, exactly what you give...sometimes alittle more and sometimes alittle less, but in the end, it all equals out to about the same.
You work at the West Point think tank?
What are you actually talking about?
Threatening you? What? Like I'm going to send my spooky British ancesters through cyberspace and suck you into the twilight zone?
Is Alex Jones part of this also?
"BOO"
Hey

Manchester, TN

#62816 Jan 18, 2013
Nuh wrote:
The Obama administration has adopted their "triggering" definitions of a modern rifle so that they can "remove the weapons of war."
Possibly the only good thing about Obama's recent legislation is a heavier funding for mental health. But it's only lip service. The amount allocated, when spread out over the country, will be minuscule for each state, county, city, school system, you get the idea. Then there will be the historical and natural governmental tendency to centralize expenditures in major population centers. That would seem logical, except U.S. mass murders involving weapons of war don’t seem to be occurring in metropolitan areas, so this will be wasted money and effort as well.
There is the fear of HIPPA violations with this new legislation; the coercing of doctors into asking each patient what kinds of guns they have at home and then "reporting in." The chance or opportunity for misusing shared privileged information between all agencies of government is a given. This is too much exposure for identity theft, defamation and unwarranted disclosure without permission.
Obama had to make these executive orders. He couldn't get gun legislation passed in his first term while most of the House and Senate members were card carrying concealed permit holders. When this failed, he directed his State Department lap-dog to go behind congress' back and pony-up for gun reform utilizing the United Nations.
Remember, this is the same woman who four years earlier during the primary campaign, said Obama's "uplifting rhetoric is empty. "Slick Hillary? This had no chance of working either because there was no likelihood 50 states would ratify the measure. Now, Obama's last chance came, serendipitously, a month after Sandy Hook. He will go door-to-door to cram it down our throats, but only because they have, maturely, seen the writin' on the wall and passage will not be easy.
The biggest problem with all of this is history. In viewing populations on a macro-scale, tiny inputs of change will not produce measurable changes in "historical inertia." But shock and panic can stem public opinion much quicker than solemn thought and logic. Obama knows this, and selective-opportunist that he is, is pushing through his own agenda on the coat-tails of a tragedy. Shameful behavior for a grown-up.
Are you talking against the Feds?
They pulled this crap on the returning vet Brandon because he questioned 9/11 on facebook.They disappeared him (as with others) to the mental ward.
The NDAA at work?
I'm still not hearing about the psych meds that keep coming into the picture with suicides and homicides like this one.
But that would put big pharma in the light along with their pill pushers.
Forget this.Big Advertisers.Big Campaign givers.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#62817 Jan 18, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
'Fraid not! MSNBC overtook them in ratings, a couple of weeks ago. You outta read the Links, Dude.
You're saying MSNBC overtook Fox in ratings? And you believe that?

CABLE NEWS RACE
WEDS JAN 16 2013

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,356,000
DISC AMISH MAFIA 3,200,000
FOXNEWS FIVE 2,323,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,276,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,235,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,813,000
CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,790,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,637,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,360,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,096,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 1,020,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 875,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 839,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 831,000
CNN COOPER 604,000
CNN PIERS 592,000

And Piers Morgan, who no one watches has said that he'll overtake O'Reilly.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/piers-m...

Can we use this as an example of how un-informed you are?

Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62818 Jan 18, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
CABLE NEWS RACE
WEDS JAN 16 2013
FOXNEWS FIVE 2,323,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,235,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,813,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,637,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,360,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,096,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 1,020,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 875,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 839,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 831,000
CNN COOPER 604,000
CNN PIERS 592,000
You obviously got that from some far right-wing website that cannot be trusted! LOL

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#62819 Jan 18, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
CABLE NEWS RACE
WEDS JAN 16 2013
FOXNEWS FIVE 2,323,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,235,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,813,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,637,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,360,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,096,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 1,020,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 875,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 839,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 831,000
CNN COOPER 604,000
CNN PIERS 592,000
I've noticed that Fox"News" disciples always seem to compare news networks one-on-one, but then go on and on about the "liberal mainstream media." Add up the ratings of ALL the "liberal mainstream media" and compare THAT number to Fox"News" number and we'll see how the country leans.

Keep in mind also that liberals don't watch news or propaganda 24/7. We watch sitcoms, documentaries, movies, etc. What a miserable life it must be to watch "Obama sucks" non-stop your whole life.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62820 Jan 18, 2013
One Marine's opinion of the .223 round in the AR-15:

"Is it effective? In this Marine’s opinion, no. The .223 is a varmint round, meant to kill targets no larger than a rabbit or coyote."

"...I saw him RUNNING away from me, brains leaking from his head! It took 5 well aimed rounds to put this guy down. Granted, he was most likely on something, but it still took 4 in the chest, and one head shot to stop this guy. I was not the only Marine to be involved in something like this. Who is to say that an attacker in the U.S. is not “on something?”

Read his entire story here:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robe...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#62821 Jan 18, 2013
Nuh wrote:
I bet Obama, et. al. bribed him with a cheeseburger...
Chris Christie: NRA Ad Reprehensible
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/17/chr...
......Republicans eating their own!
lol

Jackson, TN

#62822 Jan 18, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed that Fox"News" disciples always seem to compare news networks one-on-one, but then go on and on about the "liberal mainstream media." Add up the ratings of ALL the "liberal mainstream media" and compare THAT number to Fox"News" number and we'll see how the country leans.
Keep in mind also that liberals don't watch news or propaganda 24/7. We watch sitcoms, documentaries, movies, etc. What a miserable life it must be to watch "Obama sucks" non-stop your whole life.
It could be worse,we could have to watch your life. He sucks,but you suck worse,mommas boy.Did you ever get out of her basement yet? What a dumbass, compare one channel to every Libtard news b/s channel?just shows the country is full of dumbasses who has sh8t for brains(libtards)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meth, synthetic marijuana, now prescription pills 1 hr the man 18
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 1 hr Dawg 99,189
Chris Dean Locked Up Again 1 hr the man 23
White trash rolling yards during the Holidays! 1 hr Urstruly 3
magen wells (Dec '11) 1 hr Urstruly 14
Facebook fakes 1 hr Urstruly 5
Another Good Officer Quits DPD 1 hr Truth 38
God is Great 4 hr ubungled 943
caitlin p. in jail again 15 hr guest 8
Dyer County High School Tue justsaying 12