wreck lake rd hwy 51
Prayers

Jackson, TN

#26 Oct 20, 2012
stop asking questions. pray for everyone involved and for the families. questions can be asked later . show some respect please
you are clueless

Chandler, TX

#27 Oct 20, 2012
Prayers wrote:
stop asking questions. pray for everyone involved and for the families. questions can be asked later . show some respect please
Just because ppl are asking questions does not show a lack of respect fyi!!! In fact, I think it actually proves that ppl REALLY DO CARE about the poor ppl who were injured as a result of this girls carelessness! If she had seizures prior to this, then she had no business whatsoever to be driving in the 1st place, medicated or not! Also, if all that is true, she should face manslaughter charges! You cannot go out and gamble with other ppl's lives and expect no one to say anything or have opinions about it or be upset over it! If everyone just sat back and kept their mouths shut, it would just go to show that nobody even cares enough about the injured ppl to figure out exactly how this accident happened. Its perfectly normal to ask questions and be concerned! So you shouldn't be on here telling ppl what not to do when all theyre doing is asking questions because they DO care! This was a horrible accident which seems like it could have easily been avoided! That girl could've hit any of us that day and killed any of us! And you better believe that when someone makes an ignorant choice to drive when theyve been known to have seizures, ppl are going to ask a million questions and demand that something be done to keep her off the streets in the future so she doesnt take any other innocent ppls lives away from them and their families! If you don't like whats being asked on here, you are more than free to hit that little red 'X' at the top right on your computer screen dear!
sad situation

Dyersburg, TN

#28 Oct 20, 2012
No disrespect was intended. No one is stopping their prayers to ask questions. This is an important question because it lead to the tragedy in the first place. So yes, my prayers are with everyone involved & their loved ones. This was a horrible thing that happened. But no, that does not mean that questions regarding the health of the driver and medically cleared/legal ability to drive shouldn't be asked.
Praying

Dyersburg, TN

#29 Oct 20, 2012
you are clueless wrote:
<quoted text> Just because ppl are asking questions does not show a lack of respect fyi!!! In fact, I think it actually proves that ppl REALLY DO CARE about the poor ppl who were injured as a result of this girls carelessness! If she had seizures prior to this, then she had no business whatsoever to be driving in the 1st place, medicated or not! Also, if all that is true, she should face manslaughter charges! You cannot go out and gamble with other ppl's lives and expect no one to say anything or have opinions about it or be upset over it! If everyone just sat back and kept their mouths shut, it would just go to show that nobody even cares enough about the injured ppl to figure out exactly how this accident happened. Its perfectly normal to ask questions and be concerned! So you shouldn't be on here telling ppl what not to do when all theyre doing is asking questions because they DO care! This was a horrible accident which seems like it could have easily been avoided! That girl could've hit any of us that day and killed any of us! And you better believe that when someone makes an ignorant choice to drive when theyve been known to have seizures, ppl are going to ask a million questions and demand that something be done to keep her off the streets in the future so she doesnt take any other innocent ppls lives away from them and their families! If you don't like whats being asked on here, you are more than free to hit that little red 'X' at the top right on your computer screen dear!
Exactly! Praying for this innocent family. Hopefully justice will be served to this girl who has so selfishly caused so much trauma.

United States

#30 Oct 20, 2012
Praying wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Praying for this innocent family. Hopefully justice will be served to this girl who has so selfishly caused so much trauma.
Just where did you get your information from Topix? I don't think anyone knows exactly what happened. Alot of people are just spectulating that the Glass girl has a history of this. Do you think that maybe she never had one before or maybe there was something that medically occured to her? Stop acting like your concerned about people, if you truly care you wouldn't just say pray for the innocent family, sounds to me all are innocent don't think she woke up and said yea I will have a bad wreck today that will change many lives forever. Quit stirring up lies...
God fearing woman

Santa Barbara, CA

#31 Oct 20, 2012
just pray for them all. The poor man who lost his life and his family he left behind. Pray for all of them.

United States

#32 Oct 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Just where did you get your information from Topix? I don't think anyone knows exactly what happened. Alot of people are just spectulating that the Glass girl has a history of this. Do you think that maybe she never had one before or maybe there was something that medically occured to her? Stop acting like your concerned about people, if you truly care you wouldn't just say pray for the innocent family, sounds to me all are innocent don't think she woke up and said yea I will have a bad wreck today that will change many lives forever. Quit stirring up lies...
IF she has been diagnosed with epilepsy she clearly has a history of having seizures.

Dyersburg, TN

#33 Oct 21, 2012
Praying wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure judging and praying do NOT go hand in hand!

Dyersburg, TN

#34 Oct 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
IF she has been diagnosed with epilepsy she clearly has a history of having seizures.
Obviously you know nothing about epilepsy, one can be diagnosed with it due to a seizure but it be years before they have another seizure if ever. I'm sure she is heartbroken that this has happened. Prayers for all!

Jackson, TN

#35 Oct 21, 2012
Every state in the union lets you have a driver's license if seizures are under control for x amount of time with medication, etc. I think it is a year in TN, but not sure. If it was a one time thing, anyone can have a seizure. Just because you haven't had one, doesn't mean you won't.

I knew Steve and he was a great person. He would not be dolling out blame on this young woman. It was an accident.

United States

#36 Oct 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just assuming she has epilepsy that is where all this drama is coming from assuming folks, let the proper people handle the situation.
Guest22

Dyersburg, TN

#37 Oct 21, 2012
you are clueless wrote:
<quoted text> Just because ppl are asking questions does not show a lack of respect fyi!!! In fact, I think it actually proves that ppl REALLY DO CARE about the poor ppl who were injured as a result of this girls carelessness! If she had seizures prior to this, then she had no business whatsoever to be driving in the 1st place, medicated or not! Also, if all that is true, she should face manslaughter charges! You cannot go out and gamble with other ppl's lives and expect no one to say anything or have opinions about it or be upset over it! If everyone just sat back and kept their mouths shut, it would just go to show that nobody even cares enough about the injured ppl to figure out exactly how this accident happened. Its perfectly normal to ask questions and be concerned! So you shouldn't be on here telling ppl what not to do when all theyre doing is asking questions because they DO care! This was a horrible accident which seems like it could have easily been avoided! That girl could've hit any of us that day and killed any of us! And you better believe that when someone makes an ignorant choice to drive when theyve been known to have seizures, ppl are going to ask a million questions and demand that something be done to keep her off the streets in the future so she doesnt take any other innocent ppls lives away from them and their families! If you don't like whats being asked on here, you are more than free to hit that little red 'X' at the top right on your computer screen dear!
-------

Although there are multiple ignorant comments on this thread.. this one stuck out to me most.. which is why i chose to reply to this particular one. But this goes to all of you..

First things first, you my dear, are obviously the clueless one. There is a world of difference in asking questions and bashing someone. ESPECIALLY when you have no idea what the situation is. I couldn't help but notice, you stated that "it actually proves that ppl REALLY DO CARE about the poor ppl who were injured as a result of this girls carelessness! If she had seizures prior to this, then she had no business whatsoever to be driving in the 1st place, medicated or not!" Sooo, let me ask you this.. those who, let's say, have the risk of having a heart attack (which would be anyone and everyone) should have their license revoked? That's not how it works. You take risks everyday. She is also injured and if you "cared" about people.. you would also care about her situation. Do you think she's in good shape? Or doesn't care that it happened? Because this is something she has to live with for the rest of her life.. So put yourself in this situation, if you something happened to you driving down the road.. a heart attack? or you pass out? Is it okay for someone to bash you and your situation even though they know nothing about it? I didn't think so. So, in defense of the person that said this is lack of respect, it most definitely is. I could go on and on because this post was full of ignorant remarks.. but the ignorant will remain ignorant.. as it's been said "you can't fix stupid"... I know this sweet girl very well and that's how I know you are so very ignorant to the situation. All that being said, i personally think.. your license to speak should be revoked.

P.S. Prayers for each and every person and their families involved in this. It is a tragic thing and prayer is what ALL people involved need the most right now. Not assumptions.

United States

#38 Oct 21, 2012
falcon wrote:
So how is Patty Glass, the one who caused it all, Proving she does not care about anyone shows with this action, she is probably ok, with no insurance & probably no license, too late to say this now, but, she shoud stay off the street,
look don't be so quick to judge her you don't know what happened yet. I hope they don't pull the plug on him give him a chance only God knows they are really quick to tell people that at the med. They told me that too but my son is fine now and I am so glad I didn't listen to them
Concerned

United States

#39 Oct 21, 2012
I had a similar situation happen to a family member. He had a seizure while driving in Interstate 65 in Nashville. He was very fortunate that he - nor anyone else - was injured. Because he was disoriented after the accident, he was transported to the hospital and diagnosed with a brain tumor. He had no history of seizures - and no symptoms of the brain tumor. We should pray for ALL the victims affected by this horrible accident. I'm sure Ms Glass feels terrible about what has happened and will suffer emotionally. I know how my family member suffered emotionally because of how much worse his accident could have been.

Dyersburg, TN

#42 Oct 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Just where did you get your information from Topix? I don't think anyone knows exactly what happened. Alot of people are just spectulating that the Glass girl has a history of this. Do you think that maybe she never had one before or maybe there was something that medically occured to her? Stop acting like your concerned about people, if you truly care you wouldn't just say pray for the innocent family, sounds to me all are innocent don't think she woke up and said yea I will have a bad wreck today that will change many lives forever. Quit stirring up lies...
Yes no one really does know what happened. I dont think anything was intentional. Something could have happened to her car until her family tells us something we really dont know and should not judge. It was bad for everybody involved. I am so sorry for all the families involved.

Dyersburg, TN

#43 Oct 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
But everyone is saying this and as far as I know there is not anyone that has information on this. Non of her familly or friends have been on here to tell us that information. She could have had a heart attack her steering could have failed her brakes could have failed her tie rod could have come loose we do not know. So until we get some medical information from someone that knows her we shouldnt be judging. I dont even know the girl.

Dyersburg, TN

#44 Oct 21, 2012
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>Please have a little respect for everyone involved an do not make abstract conclusions. Patty glass has a license an insurance. It was a medical debilitating seizure that occurred please get your facts straight before you post anything on a whim
If you know her personally could you set the record straight and let us know if any of this is true about her medical condition? And just what is a debilitating seizure? Did she know she had seizures? Are you really her mom as the post says. I am saddened for everyone involved. And what is her condition will she be alright?
sad situation

Dyersburg, TN

#46 Oct 21, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>Hun, are you aware that you providing this information could get you expelled from your program? You can NEVER elaborate on any details regarding what you see. It's called hippa and it applies to pre-hospital environments , as well.
It's called HIPPA- "Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act"

Dyersburg, TN

#47 Oct 21, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Hun, are you aware that you providing this information could get you expelled from your program? You can NEVER elaborate on any details regarding what you see. It's called hippa and it applies to pre-hospital environments , as well.
he/she did not say the persons name so you are incorrect. that is what hippa is about. how can he be violating hippa by saying some man on a motorcycle broke his leg! now if he said joe blow date of birth 1/2/34 broke his leg and we air lifted him then that is another story indeed but he didn't.

United States

#48 Oct 21, 2012
I am very sad about this whole situation. what a horrible thing this family is going through! to just be sitting there one minute and then slammed into the next....that could be anyone of us. you just never know what a day will bring. I pray GODs peace over that family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word drop a word (Feb '14) 18 min Intrepid Surfer 686
Keep a word drop a word (Jun '14) 20 min Intrepid Surfer 455
So sorry 56 min forgotten memory 11
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 1 hr Intrepid Surfer 9,655
Looking for relatives of Gary W. Wright of Hall... 1 hr OutofLove 22
Wreck on 104 near Roellen 1 hr Guest 26
I can't believe it 1 hr guesr 10
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) Sat nandoo 103,784
More from around the web

Personal Finance