of 6
Next Last
football mom

Grand Prairie, TX

#1 Oct 19, 2012
It was terrible any news on this?

Dyersburg, TN

#2 Oct 19, 2012
first ambulance left with only lights on and someone was airliftd. was stuck at light and saw that much. it looked bad

Martin, TN

#3 Oct 19, 2012
can someone tell wat kinds vehicles plz
Hungryman

Dyersburg, TN

#5 Oct 19, 2012
Looked like a silver Chevy SUV and a charcoal colored Toyota Camry, both cars that I saw were totaled, only saw two vehicles.
Yep

Antioch, TN

#6 Oct 19, 2012
It was Patty Glass in the charcoal car. She came into on coming traffic and hit a gold Oldsmobile Bravado head on as it was sitting in the lane at the light. Paramedics think she may have passed out or had a seizure. She hit a man that works here with the city or housing authority.

She hit the SUV so hard that it drove it back 15-20 feet and caused a chain reaction to the 3 vehicles behind it. He was airlifted to the Med in Memphis and not sure if he was going to live or not.
sad

Nashville, TN

#7 Oct 19, 2012
That's terrible. Hope everyone is alright.
lea

United States

#8 Oct 19, 2012
Scarey, I have seizures! May God be with them all!

United States

#10 Oct 19, 2012
lea wrote:
Scarey, I have seizures! May God be with them all!
most drs request that ur liscense be revoked if u have seizures.. that is why.. i too was in traffic.. whomever was airlifted.. was airlifted from the highway.. that tells u its pretty bad.. usually they transport to hospital then airlift.. prayers for everyone involved and their families..

Dyersburg, TN

#11 Oct 19, 2012
please vote romney-ryan 2012.
fyi

Dyersburg, TN

#12 Oct 19, 2012
i will vote romney-ryan
Concerned

Brownsville, TN

#13 Oct 19, 2012
I just saw another bad wreck down from Sonic. A motorcycle was involved and a car. Looked really bad. Anyone know anything about it?
Informer

Dyersburg, TN

#14 Oct 19, 2012
Dyersburg Police Department
Press Release

October 19, 2012

October 19, 2012, at approximately 12:08 p.m., Dyersburg Police responded to a traffic crash with injuries involving multiple cars at the intersection of Lake Road and Hwy. 51 By-pass. Patty Glass (7-27-88) 3752 Hwy. 78, Dyersburg, was traveling South on Lake Road in her Toyota Avalon, when she first struck a Nissan Cent
ury driven by Katherine Burse (2-12-64) 2335 Federal Drive, Dyersburg, near Pizza Hut on Lake Road. Glass continue South running the red light at Hwy. 51 By-pass and Lake Road, crossing over into the North bound lane striking an Oldsmobile Bravado SUV in a head on collision, driven by Steven Gunter (12-4-61) 59 Bishop Lane, Halls. The impact of the collision resulted in the SUV hitting three more vehicles including a Honda Accord driven by Caroline Guy (5-16-92) 1078 West Hwy. 21 Troy,
a Chevrolet Silverado driven by Kara Henson (4-25-94) 661 Simpson Road, Dyersburg, and a Honda Civic driven by Kearstin Owsley (5-24-94) 42 Johns Street, Trimble.

Glass and Guy were transported to Dyersburg Regional Hospital by ambulance, Gunter was airlifted from the scene to the MED in Memphis, and Owsley was transported by private vehicle to Jackson Madison County General Hospital. The crash remains under investigation by Dyersburg Police Department Crash Investigators Sergeant Brian Peckenpaugh, and Officer Chad Webb.

Captain Steve Isbell
quest

United States

#15 Oct 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>most drs request that ur liscense be revoked if u have seizures.. that is why.. i too was in traffic.. whomever was airlifted.. was airlifted from the highway.. that tells u its pretty bad.. usually they transport to hospital then airlift.. prayers for everyone involved and their families..
Wrecker said the person at fault was the one that went to the med
truth

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2012
Steve from Housing Authority was hurt very bad and may not make it. Please keep everyone involved in this terrible accident in your prayers!
wrong

Humboldt, TN

#17 Oct 20, 2012
The one that was at fault was the glass girl, she hit them head on with a red light and all the other vehicles were stopped. Read the article in paper, they believe she had a seizure and it all started at Pizza Hut thats were she hit the first car at.Why would it be the man from the housing authority, he was stopped at the light with all the rest that were hit.
hey

United States

#18 Oct 20, 2012
Heard the man at med had head and neck injurys and was pulling plug on ventilator wasn't expected to make it ... Sad pray for all involved ...
truth

United States

#21 Oct 20, 2012
Steve died not long ago. Prayers going up!!!!

Dyersburg, TN

#22 Oct 20, 2012
truth wrote:
Steve died not long ago. Prayers going up!!!!
so sad. thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
sad situation

Dyersburg, TN

#24 Oct 20, 2012
This is a very sad situation that could probably have been avoided. If this Glass person had epilepsy, was she on medication for without seizures for a long period of time? Was she unmedicated and just taking chances with her life and everyone else's as well? I don't want to bash this person. I just want to know if this is something she had some control over. I know someone involved in this accident who thankfully was not seriously injured or died as a result of it.
Question

Dyersburg, TN

#25 Oct 20, 2012
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>Please have a little respect for everyone involved an do not make abstract conclusions. Patty glass has a license an insurance. It was a medical debilitating seizure that occurred please get your facts straight before you post anything on a whim!
Did she have a history of seizures? Why was she driving, if she did? I know many people who have temporarily or permanently lost their ability to drive because of epilepsy. An innocent man lost his life because of her. I sincerely hope that she was medically cleared to drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Save Beau, The Yellow Lab- This Woman Started it 6 min guest 42
God is Great 11 min guest 1,828
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 11 min Dawg 100,039
head for dros 16 min Kilimanjaro 2
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 37 min Moon Rhythm 8,639
Michael Young 2 40 min Michael Young 72
Question for sheriff Box 42 min Cindy 22
New constable in Finley 3 hr forgotten memories 74
Wreck on 104 23 hr MBA 7