First Prev
of 7
Next Last
vote4frogjump

Dyersburg, TN

#1 May 19, 2010
I am voting for Fincher, but I heard people say today that he is backed by people in DC. Is this true? Because he is a gospel singer and farmer from Crockett county and I don't think he would have anything to do with Washington. Can anyone clear this up?

Dyersburg, TN

#2 May 19, 2010
I'd like to know too because I was thinking about voting for him too! For some reason I don't care for the doctor his name is flynn ?? that is running when you get an attorney the crooks want them in there for there reason for more power to attorneys which I don't like, and doctors now want a doctor in there so they are running a doctor to push some ungodly laws for them.

Got to start digging for truth on these guys.

we need to know more and soon!

Dyersburg, TN

#3 May 19, 2010
KIRKLAND running for congress is a doctor too! I don't like all of these doctors running to get bills passed to boost their pockets and that is their only interest, it's not good!

we need some one not in all these clicks to run that are just wanting to sit on their butts but get america back to good basic principals and with good discernment and knows not just believe in Jesus.

Canada

#4 May 19, 2010
Fincher is connected in washington. Go to youtube and look at his fox business interview, go to his facebook and you will see endorsements from NRCC politicians, look at his fund raising reports everyone in leadership has given to him. All of these things point in one direction and that is washington.
Kari

Concord, CA

#5 May 20, 2010
GUEST wrote:
KIRKLAND running for congress is a doctor too! I don't like all of these doctors running to get bills passed to boost their pockets and that is their only interest, it's not good!
we need some one not in all these clicks to run that are just wanting to sit on their butts but get america back to good basic principals and with good discernment and knows not just believe in Jesus.
Not sure how doctor (who is against the heathcare bill) would be just trying to line his pockets, buy FINCHER for sure is! He has taken in over $2,000,000.00 in farm subsides (OUR tax dollars) to benefit his farm. And a lit of his donors that are farmers, too, have also taken farm subsides aka government handouts. He will obviously increase our taxes to fill his piggybank!!

Also, he has the NRCC behind him, as well as donationa from a bunch of senators that voted for the bailout. I don't care who you vote for as long as it isn't Steven Fincher!!!!
vote4frogjump

Dyersburg, TN

#6 May 20, 2010
I just looked at Fincher's finance report on the FEC website and will NOT be voting for him! I am stunned! All of the Washington establishment is supporting him! Unbelievable!!! Flinn doesn't even live in our congressional district. He lives in Memphis. I like Dr. Kirkland. He is a Vietnam veteran and is a good Christian man with no ties to Washington from what I can tell. Guess I'm voting Kirkland or that Smith guy.
Ben

Jackson, TN

#7 May 20, 2010
Kari,

The actual amount that Fincher has taken is 3,254,324 since he got married, and an additional 114,519 before then. Total = 3,368,843

Add in his father and brother (immediate family) and the total is 9,295,596.
OVER 9 MILLION. This is a way of life for this family. I want to throw up overtime I get a mailer from him or hear him on TV talking about cutting wasteful government spending. What a hypocrite. I think this group of subsidy welfare citizens thought we wouldn't see this.

I did. I'm voting Kirkland.
concerned voter

Jackson, TN

#8 May 20, 2010
I will be voting for Dr. Kirkland. Veteran, physician, good Christian man, and hard worker. Most importantly, HE IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THE INSIDERS IN WASHINGTON.
NomoreDC

Jackson, TN

#9 May 20, 2010
I heard Dr. Kirkland speak and then I had one on one conversation with him. This man not just knows the isues but has solutions. I tried to stump him on more than one occassion. I was suprisingly impressed. He seems very passionate. I was against Fincher because of his money he has received from subsidies not to mention his backing of the Washington establishment. he is being funded by the establishment, he is being spoken for by the establishment and he is backed by the establishment. We want to get RID of the establishment and someone that is going to stand up to the establishment. I love how all over the country the establishment is losing. has anyone else noticed that? They have these hand-picked candidates that are getting beat all around the country. im glad the people are speaking up! If fincher wins he will just feed back into the system since he will be owned by the system/establishment.
This is obviously a touchy subject for me!
lucy

Roanoke, AL

#10 May 20, 2010
Stephen is a fine christan man who loves his country. No trash on him, i can tell you!!!
concerned voter

Jackson, TN

#11 May 20, 2010
lucy wrote:
Stephen is a fine christan man who loves his country. No trash on him, i can tell you!!!
He is a fine man, no doubt, but when all of the politicians in D.C. are supporting him that worries me. We need an outsider not an insider.
Fincher Supporter

United States

#12 May 20, 2010
concerned voter wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a fine man, no doubt, but when all of the politicians in D.C. are supporting him that worries me. We need an outsider not an insider.
I think that they may be supporting him because he IS so squeaky clean, and that is very appealing right now to them in Washington. He is a good guy. I grew up with the Finchers in Crockett County, and they have farmed all of their lives, and had the gospel group.

United States

#13 May 20, 2010
Someone called fincher a hypocrite, if you're fussing about how this man makes his living and you eat and wear clothes you're a hypocrite! Alot of people talk all this subsidy talk that dont know crap about it or farming! There isnt a person that lives in the united states that doesnt get help from the govt. Think about that! Back to the farming issue. These people have to put their butts on the line every year to get loans to farm not knowing if they can pay them back! yea they get help from the govt., but sometimes that just dont cut it! The finchers are hard working people! Those big numbers yall see on here just represent alot of hard work and big payoff and thats not a crime. It may look easy to alot of, so go give it a shot! Let me know how it turns out!
Hard Worker

Bay Springs, MS

#14 May 21, 2010
My husband is a hard worker too and I can tell you right now we dont live in a million dollar home or drive a brand new vehicle every year! Thats a bunch of bullshit! There ALOT of hard workers and they will never even come close to that kind of money! That is just DISGUSTING! Fincher is a good man but he is also a good man that has grown accustomed to living a certain type of lifestyle just the same as most of the farmers in Crockett County. Thats why I do NOT see him trying to change one single thing on that issue! There are people that will follow him simply because he is in a gosple group. They sing at alot of places. Then you will have FARMERS that will follow him. He is NOT a bad person nor is Ron Kirkland they are both good men! The difference is I believe that Kirkland is more qualified and can stand up and hold his own ground. Also he is a people person he goes out of his way to answer and speak to his fellow Tennesseeans. IF you have a question and ask him he answers. He does not duck and run....or hide. Noone is going to agree on this so its best to just agree to disagree!
Hard Worker

Bay Springs, MS

#15 May 21, 2010
I know my husband works so hard there is no way that he would have time to run around to all those singings!!!! He barely has time to cut the grass must less sing all over the country! hummmmm I guess he has FARM HANDS that he pays to work when hes doing that tho.....

United States

#16 May 21, 2010
Hard Worker wrote:
I know my husband works so hard there is no way that he would have time to run around to all those singings!!!! He barely has time to cut the grass must less sing all over the country! hummmmm I guess he has FARM HANDS that he pays to work when hes doing that tho.....
i dont know how they run their business, but i know they work! i'm sure they have several people that work for them and thats their business too! you sound like one of those people that dont know much you just talk what you hear! maybe your husbands needs to hire more help, or get bigger equipment so he can cover more ground in a days time that way he can spend more time with you and you'll be happy!

United States

#17 May 21, 2010
Hard Worker wrote:
My husband is a hard worker too and I can tell you right now we dont live in a million dollar home or drive a brand new vehicle every year! Thats a bunch of bullshit! There ALOT of hard workers and they will never even come close to that kind of money! That is just DISGUSTING! Fincher is a good man but he is also a good man that has grown accustomed to living a certain type of lifestyle just the same as most of the farmers in Crockett County. Thats why I do NOT see him trying to change one single thing on that issue! There are people that will follow him simply because he is in a gosple group. They sing at alot of places. Then you will have FARMERS that will follow him. He is NOT a bad person nor is Ron Kirkland they are both good men! The difference is I believe that Kirkland is more qualified and can stand up and hold his own ground. Also he is a people person he goes out of his way to answer and speak to his fellow Tennesseeans. IF you have a question and ask him he answers. He does not duck and run....or hide. Noone is going to agree on this so its best to just agree to disagree!
you just sound jealous! i'm not taking up for fincher ,but dont hate the man because of his house and the car he may drive! you can build your dream home too! just because your husbands is a hardworker doesnt mean he can do what the next man can. we all cant live in big fancy homes and drive expensive cars thats just the way it is! LIFE sucks right! no it doesnt have to just hang in their your husband the honest hardworker will shine one day and yall will get to enjoy it better cause you know you earned it all by yourselves! i'm sorry! i know how you feel it seems like the good people that you know deserve a better shot at life cant get a leg up, but the people that dont deserve anything always get a shot!
concerned citizen

Dyersburg, TN

#18 May 21, 2010
I saw in the Jackson Sun that Fincher refuses to debate Kirkland and that Fincher mailed out a negative mail piece against Kirkland.

Plymouth, MN

#19 May 21, 2010
concerned citizen wrote:
I saw in the Jackson Sun that Fincher refuses to debate Kirkland and that Fincher mailed out a negative mail piece against Kirkland.
maybe he's scared of him! lol!

Plymouth, MN

#20 May 21, 2010
where does Kirkland stand on the whole farming issue? i mean on the subsidy payments that alot of these people on here think they know so much about? one lady was talking about finchers home i'll bet kirkland doesnt live in a shack! duh! he's a dr. and he makes a nice living so its ok to live in a big house is what you're saying cause doctors are rich! farming has changed alot and all the new technology make farming alot more effecient and profitable. some of this stuff saves you several thousand dollars depending on how much you farm. not to mention another thing you people dont know is alot of farmers around here from the west tn area has gone to texas to pick cotton before they picked their own crops here. i'm sure some of them made good money doing it too, but look at the sacrifices they had to make by being away from their families for weeks at a time. all some of you can think about is their big house, fancy car and how the government gave it to them. alot of farmers are into trucking, dozer work, and lots of things like that! its not all win, win for the farmers! some of the farmers that have more stuff just have more risk and more debt. then you have some smaller farmers who may not have any kids interested in farming. so he's probably comfortably like he is and whats the point in keep trying to build up some big empire for your kids if they dont care! some of you get my point! let me know about Kirkland if you can anyone, if you have something honest to say about him! i dont care how good or bad it is as long as its the truth!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
die bitch 22 min Guest 2
liar..liar 39 min Smokin 2
deleted 47 min laughing 10
Trailer Park Dealers 54 min curious 6
Ballz Deep Ink 1 hr cray cray baby 38
A Prayer Chain 4 Karen Swift 2 hr guest 67
The FBI Should investigate the DPD 3 hr knock knock 196
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 9 hr Queue 101,008
I been hearing on the streets that meth heads 12 hr Taking the trash out 55
Shocked...Not 20 hr guest 27
rough country Mon jim beam 5

Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Dyer County was issued at March 31 at 5:55PM CDT

Dyersburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dyersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]