Peanut

Deerfield, IL

#123 Jun 20, 2014
Alan Bruchas wrote:
It's the maltodextrin. I make their food taste great to most people, but there are some of us that get sick to the stomach, and or awful headaches ! My headaches last three days, and I knew of my sensitivity before I ate there. Chick-Fil-A is very up front about telling you it's literally in everything they offer. I started a Facebook Group -Sensitivity to Dextrin / Maltodextrin.
NO, it's FIGURATIVELY in everything they offer, in FACT it is in only 4 specifically listed menu items. the grilled chicken (also used in the chicken salad) and the vinagrette salad dressing - THAT IS ALL.

Stop lying on this forum.
Dustincoker

Scottsdale, AZ

#124 Jun 28, 2014
I have been bedridden with nausea, diarrhea, fatigue and low grade fever for 3 days. I didn't eat for nearly 48 hours. Lying here with gf who got mildly ill, we just figured out the last thing we ate before getting ill. Chickfila.

I felt like my chicken sandwich was slimy at the time. And this was the first time I have eaten there in ten years. This is the only new thing we have eaten in forever. Forget the peanut oil or special seasonings. All signs are pointing to good oldfashioned salmonella.
whatever

Dyersburg, TN

#125 Jun 28, 2014
Dustincoker wrote:
I have been bedridden with nausea, diarrhea, fatigue and low grade fever for 3 days. I didn't eat for nearly 48 hours. Lying here with gf who got mildly ill, we just figured out the last thing we ate before getting ill. Chickfila.
I felt like my chicken sandwich was slimy at the time. And this was the first time I have eaten there in ten years. This is the only new thing we have eaten in forever. Forget the peanut oil or special seasonings. All signs are pointing to good oldfashioned salmonella.
well you need to think of what you did after that because everything at chic is on a timer. Its gets thrown away after so many minutes and even the cookies are thrown away. You two probable went to wal mart and touched everything didn't wash those nasty paws and ate wijth dirty hands. Yeah people are nasty and I don't know why you would blame a great restaurant that is clean. If you don't like it go to mc donalds and have a dry big mac that has been in the window for 3 hours.
emely

Fort Worth, TX

#126 Jul 2, 2014
Yes
maddy

Grand Prairie, TX

#127 Jul 9, 2014
I've worked at chick-fil-a for years, and all of our chicken is fresh. Maybe you're allergic to something in the breading or buns.
Jim

Mountain View, CA

#128 Jul 10, 2014
dave from tampa wrote:
So I googled "chick fil a sick" and got here. My wife LOVES chick fil a, but literally every time ive eaten it I get stomach pain, gas, diarrhea etc. I stopped eating it but recently gave in to please her and now im sitting on the toilet for the eighth time today wondering why Im an idiot. I usually get a fried chcken sandwich and fries and every single time, from several different locations, i end up with some form of physical distress. My personal opinion is that they must use an oil with which my body is not familiar. I believe they use canola oil which is known to cause GI distress in some people. Try eating a grilled sandwich from chick fil a to avoid the trouble. I however will never eat there again.
Me too. I have IBS and am sensitive to dairy and high fructose corn syrup. But I can eat mcdonalds and Burger King once in a while with no problem. But a Chick Fil A sandwich kills me every time. Cramps, diarrhea, etc. Too bad because I love the sandwiches. I'm not crazy about them donating to hate groups, but I do love the sandwiches.
Must be true

Dyersburg, TN

#129 Jul 14, 2014
There is a lot of emergencies there, lots of ambulances with red light flashing. something IS GOING ON.
Giver of Knowledge

Jackson, TN

#130 Jul 20, 2014
Maybe all the hate is getting in the food and making people sick.
Daisey

Humboldt, TN

#131 Jul 20, 2014
Doesn't make me sick, I realized some time ago that I did not like their food. No problem. There are plenty people who will eat there regardless.
Alah

Humboldt, TN

#132 Jul 20, 2014
Must be the devil harassing them.for being bigots.
Don Beard

Humboldt, TN

#133 Jul 24, 2014
guest wrote:
every time i eat @ chick fil a it makes me extremely sick to my stomach. i was just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. i am at the point where i refuse to eat there anymore. most of the time the service is okay, but a lot of the time the boxes that the food comes in is covered in grease, and a few times my chicken tenders have been cold. once they were even frozen. if chick fil a wants to charge the most expensive prices for fast food they need to give us what we are paying for.
Maybe you should stop eating there. Are you trying to get up a law suit on them? Stop eating there before their food kills you.
Kent_Mansley

Twin Falls, ID

#135 Aug 29, 2014
I love chick fil a and think pretty much everything on the menu tastes good. Every time I eat a chicken sandwhich my stomach ends up hurting. It usually goes away after a few hours and a couple of trips to the john. Yes it isn't pleasant, but the food tastes too good to stay away.
countrygirl

Little Rock, AR

#136 Aug 31, 2014
Kent_Mansley wrote:
I love chick fil a and think pretty much everything on the menu tastes good. Every time I eat a chicken sandwhich my stomach ends up hurting. It usually goes away after a few hours and a couple of trips to the john. Yes it isn't pleasant, but the food tastes too good to stay away.
Its always good to me..AND I really appreciate that they hire employees that are courteous and seem to have half a brain and can understand how to speak correct English!
Sicktodeath

Lawrenceville, GA

#137 Sep 15, 2014
maybe wrote:
My step dad was hospitalized due to eating chic fil a but it was the one in jackson mall. I get sick eating it but i think my body just doesn't like the grease because my husband eats it all the time! Like twice a week!
It's wat they use to cook the food In I can't eat there either I had fries to day and 20 min later I started being sick to the stomach the grease won't let me dig use it it's 945 and I ate fries at about noon sick all day and it is only when I get there food but I eat mc ds rarely. But I have eaten at other places n never have an issue
countrygirl

Little Rock, AR

#138 Sep 15, 2014
countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Its always good to me..AND I really appreciate that they hire employees that are courteous and seem to have half a brain and can understand how to speak correct English!
Update-....over past month they have either screwed up order or did not put everything n bag such as straw and dipping sauce that I asked for..and have also screwed up a friends order.... They keep it up and I will have to lower their ranking down to McDonald's level of intelligence

Boise, ID

#139 Oct 1, 2014
guest wrote:
every time i eat @ chick fil a it makes me extremely sick to my stomach. i was just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. i am at the point where i refuse to eat there anymore. most of the time the service is okay, but a lot of the time the boxes that the food comes in is covered in grease, and a few times my chicken tenders have been cold. once they were even frozen. if chick fil a wants to charge the most expensive prices for fast food they need to give us what we are paying for.
Oh my gosh yes, I get sick there all the time. Like I love chic fil a and have never had a bad experience there but recently everytime I go I get bubble guts
guest 1

United States

#140 Oct 1, 2014
You people are idiots chick fil a is amazing trust me I know everything that goes on there y'all are just tryin to start stuff
Picky

Dyersburg, TN

#141 Oct 5, 2014
guest 1 wrote:
You people are idiots chick fil a is amazing trust me I know everything that goes on there y'all are just tryin to start stuff
Be it as it may...the last three times that I have been there...I got sick as hell to my stomach.....everyone who gets SICK needs to call the Dyer county health dept or even more...call state health dept in Jackson Tn...I shall never go again or take my grandchildren either....no bs this is the TRUTH.....
Zack1108

Arlington Heights, IL

#142 Oct 7, 2014
It humors me the amount of times sexuality is brought into this. regardless of the sexuality. male female. married with kids divorced. many people are having this problem. perhaps you ought to look beyond your nose (People who can't see past sexuality) and realize that it's not due to that.

I myself have gone many times and every time I go I get sick the day after. actually quite sick (Stop right there, You can rest assured I am NOT a homosexual...) I just work close to one. and will often have high hopes that they've changed their food handling habits. however when I eat at one in another town it's not bad at all. but some of them I will get sick like this. I'm not sure what they're doing. but every employe I've talked to from one has told me they'd never eat at their own restaurant. not that, that's shocking in anyways. but when you ask of them to elaborate. you soon to understand and share their feelings. but often times people will ask me when I'm going out for lunch to grab them something from there. and I'll give it a try myself. and time after time I still get sick. So I'm not sure what it is, and I know that ours has gone under new management more times than I can count. but it's not getting any better.
Underscore33

Fayetteville, NC

#143 Thursday Nov 13
Okay Chick-Fil-A fries there chicken with peanut oil if you are allergic to peanut oil it will make you sick ! Most people don't know they are allergic to peanut oil I worked there for 7 year great company but yes PEANUT oil .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
top five hair salons in Dyersburg... 54 min Umm 30
styles 1 hr mee 1
Hot for teacher 1 hr Edward Stilks 4
Locals do you know 1 hr Edward Stilks 5
Hunter Lowery 1 hr guest 2
Thanksgiving Turkeys 1 hr guest 2
no justice for thug brown 1 hr guest 14
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 2 hr Curious 98,389
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 2 hr epper 7,191
Newbern cops 11 hr Guest 25