fly away

Dallas, TX

#66 Jul 24, 2012
Well when you see a truckdriver you should smile and wave. Show some respect.
hello

Byron, IL

#70 Sep 12, 2012
I went to Dburg last wk. Was almost hit twice by semi's pulling into the road right in front of me going 55 mph. There were NO cars behind me. So why? Then some lady in a nice SUV almost hit me too.
3 times in a matter of about 2 hrs.
I have alot of respect for truck drivers but that was almost an accident and for NOTHING.
He could have waited til I passed and then went. No one else on road.
The truck drivers used to be nice and respectful to 4 wheels. NOT anymore.
Live and Let Live

Dyersburg, TN

#71 Sep 12, 2012
hello wrote:
I went to Dburg last wk. Was almost hit twice by semi's pulling into the road right in front of me going 55 mph. There were NO cars behind me. So why? Then some lady in a nice SUV almost hit me too.
3 times in a matter of about 2 hrs.
I have alot of respect for truck drivers but that was almost an accident and for NOTHING.
He could have waited til I passed and then went. No one else on road.
The truck drivers used to be nice and respectful to 4 wheels. NOT anymore.
Have YOU (or anybody) ever taken a defensive driver course? It a truck pulled out in front of you, it was most likely on a 4 lane road. Did you see him...and move over to the far lane. Most likely N O T !!! AND why aren't you ALSO complaining about the car driver also?? An SUV almost hit you...and you say nothing else about it !!
Answer me a few questions:
1) How long have you been driving?
2) How many accidents have you been in?
3) How many moving violations/DUI's have you received and when?
I drive a truck!!! My answers to the above is as follows:
1) 40 years
2) ZERO
3) No DUI's. Last moving violation was in 1986 !!!
(I have driven over 2 million miles....YOU?)

YOUR TURN.....and be honest (if you are capable)
guest

United States

#72 Sep 14, 2012
Truck driver
Chi-town

Downers Grove, IL

#73 Sep 19, 2012
I watch many truck drivers take needless risks everyday on my commute to work. They speed in construction zones & by lanes where cars are at a dead stop & would never have a chance in heck of being able to stop if someone stupidly pulled out...& yes some of the car drivers are bad too. I had a trucker run me off the road coming out of a toll booth...for no reason....I always stay away ....did not cut him off..no one was in front of him....there was no need. If you don't like your profession & can't drive safely ...do the public a favor & get another job.
x truck driver slave

Citrus Heights, CA

#74 Sep 24, 2012
The job sucks, as a former trucker I can tell you that between being out for weeks at a time, a crazy wife at home, the dispatcher forcing impossible (illegal) delivery times, the stanky ass low pay (works out to about $7.00 an hour), the crappy high priced truck stop food, the gaining 50% more weight then when you started and all the rules and regulations you have to follow and if you break them your blacklisted as a driver for atleast a decade.
I say its time to get all the mexicans up here and let them have all the sweatshop on wheels jobs! All the companies that run you are all USA garbage! Lets get the wetbacks to do the truck driving dirty work!
A driver

Rockwall, TX

#75 Sep 26, 2012
x truck driver slave wrote:
The job sucks, as a former trucker I can tell you that between being out for weeks at a time, a crazy wife at home, the dispatcher forcing impossible (illegal) delivery times, the stanky ass low pay (works out to about $7.00 an hour), the crappy high priced truck stop food, the gaining 50% more weight then when you started and all the rules and regulations you have to follow and if you break them your blacklisted as a driver for atleast a decade.
I say its time to get all the mexicans up here and let them have all the sweatshop on wheels jobs! All the companies that run you are all USA garbage! Lets get the wetbacks to do the truck driving dirty work!
That's a you problem driver, no one can force you to run illegal. Your an adult, you made an adult decision to run the loads. You chose the wrong company to work for. I know it happens but the company I have been with has never given me a load that I couldn't legally do if I had the hrs to do. When I did have loads I couldn't do because of hrs all I had to do was speak up and arrangements were made to get the load done legally. As far pay goes that's on you as well, there are enough companies out there that you can earn a good living. You complained about your wife, no one force you to marry her. That was your choice as well. High priced food? Be smarter, I keep a George Foreman grill in my truck and cook my own food, 90% if the time its chicken breast. I do this on my down time. It keeps for a week and all I have to do is warm it up or mix it in a salad. Gained weight.... Don't be a lazy ass. Stay away from the buffet and exercise. I run 3 miles 5 times a week, pushups and sit-ups in the sleeper everyday. Park at the back off the truckstop and walk farther to get inside, every little bit helps. You have a blame issue, you blame everyone but yourself. Personal responsibility!!!

Must of you on here have never driven a truck so your critiques are understandable. All you notice are the idiot drivers, just like truckers only notice the personal vehicles that cause us stress and worry. Just like with any aspect of life there are the good and bad. But you can't make a blanket statement that ALL truckers suck. Most of us drive more miles safely in month than the average non-cdl driver will in a year. I myself face driven a million plus miles safely, never a ticket or an accident. You and you're family combined will never drive in a lifetime drive half of those miles safely with the same results. I'm not bashing anyone, just saying that not all of us are like the ones you have dealt with. I take pride in what I do. Nothing I deliver is worth killing you or anyone you care about. Much myself, I have a family that depends on me.
x truck driver slave

Citrus Heights, CA

#76 Sep 26, 2012
A driver: im not blaming anyone but myself for the crappy job, Im just letting others know on the net the mistake I made before they sign up for this big mistake themselves like I did!
I was a happy class C tow trucker making $45,000 a year when I took the plunge to truck school 5 years ago with promises of $90,000+ a year! The only promises you get with truck driving are pissing in a bottle on the side of a highway and $35,000 a year as a gimp while all the big fat suits put on there Quarterly safety meetings they make you attend and they act like they know how to put chains on a truck but you can tell they never even put chains on there 4 wheeler! Go Figure! Anyway im done, Im happy this thread I started 2 years ago went to number 1 google search so my job is done!
x truck driver slave

Citrus Heights, CA

#77 Sep 26, 2012
A driver wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a you problem driver, no one can force you to run illegal. Your an adult, you made an adult decision to run the loads. You chose the wrong company to work for. I know it happens but the company I have been with has never given me a load that I couldn't legally do if I had the hrs to do. When I did have loads I couldn't do because of hrs all I had to do was speak up and arrangements were made to get the load done legally. As far pay goes that's on you as well, there are enough companies out there that you can earn a good living. You complained about your wife, no one force you to marry her. That was your choice as well. High priced food? Be smarter, I keep a George Foreman grill in my truck and cook my own food, 90% if the time its chicken breast. I do this on my down time. It keeps for a week and all I have to do is warm it up or mix it in a salad. Gained weight.... Don't be a lazy ass. Stay away from the buffet and exercise. I run 3 miles 5 times a week, pushups and sit-ups in the sleeper everyday. Park at the back off the truckstop and walk farther to get inside, every little bit helps. You have a blame issue, you blame everyone but yourself. Personal responsibility!!!
Must of you on here have never driven a truck so your critiques are understandable. All you notice are the idiot drivers, just like truckers only notice the personal vehicles that cause us stress and worry. Just like with any aspect of life there are the good and bad. But you can't make a blanket statement that ALL truckers suck. Most of us drive more miles safely in month than the average non-cdl driver will in a year. I myself face driven a million plus miles safely, never a ticket or an accident. You and you're family combined will never drive in a lifetime drive half of those miles safely with the same results. I'm not bashing anyone, just saying that not all of us are like the ones you have dealt with. I take pride in what I do. Nothing I deliver is worth killing you or anyone you care about. Much myself, I have a family that depends on me.
I allmost forgot to ask, how did you get to this thread? what did you put in google search for this to come up as number 1? it wasnt "truck drivers suck" was it?>?????

Since: Feb 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#78 Sep 27, 2012
It's funny that many truckers will NOT move over to let a car enter the interstate but will move over for another trucker.
guest

Jackson, TN

#79 Oct 1, 2012
for your information with out truck drivers you would not eat, have anything to buy in the stores. in other words everything is moved by truck and truck drivers that you buy. I am a truck driver for the past 30 yrs. and the worst drivers on the r4oad are your 4 wheelersw and there drivers.
Live and Let Live

Dyersburg, TN

#80 Oct 1, 2012
LVF1979 wrote:
It's funny that many truckers will NOT move over to let a car enter the interstate but will move over for another trucker.
It's funny how cars have a LOT MORE capabilities to enter the interstate at interstate speed but DON"T do it. Trucks can't do it. Try it next time, dip chit, next time you get on the interstate. At the bottom of the on-ramp have that piece of chit junker you drive at 65mph plus....I know you can do it...
guest

Medon, TN

#81 Oct 1, 2012
guest wrote:
for your information with out truck drivers you would not eat, have anything to buy in the stores. in other words everything is moved by truck and truck drivers that you buy. I am a truck driver for the past 30 yrs. and the worst drivers on the r4oad are your 4 wheelersw and there drivers.
You say 4wheelers like it's a dirty word and like you don't ever drive a vehicle that has 4 tires.Slow your azz down.If a driver doesn't move over so you can come flying off a ramp and you hit them,you gonna be in a heap of trouble good buddy.10-4 You don't own the roadways.You have to respect other drivers to.breaker breaker

Since: Feb 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#82 Oct 2, 2012
Live and Let Live wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how cars have a LOT MORE capabilities to enter the interstate at interstate speed but DON"T do it. Trucks can't do it. Try it next time, dip chit, next time you get on the interstate. At the bottom of the on-ramp have that piece of chit junker you drive at 65mph plus....I know you can do it...
As for your idea, some ramps are built so it is almost impossible to reach access speed until almost onto the interstate. If the truck won't move over, it doesn't matter how fast your car is going.
Live and Let Live

Dyersburg, TN

#83 Oct 2, 2012
LVF1979 wrote:
<quoted text>As for your idea, some ramps are built so it is almost impossible to reach access speed until almost onto the interstate. If the truck won't move over, it doesn't matter how fast your car is going.
Strange. My first 25 years driving was in one of the most "car" congested cities in America (figure out which one...will ya). You had to learn how to "squeeze" onto the freeway (figure out which state yet?) and MERGE. Trucks can't ALWAYS move over (other cars/trucks in the other lane). You start figuring out where to "squeeze" in at the top of the onramp, not at the bottom. It's called timing and judgement.
x truck driver slave

Citrus Heights, CA

#85 Oct 25, 2012
all you truck drivers are just gimps for these fat cats, your making your .38 a mile while they are making $550,000 a year just being a fat cat head of the truck driving company!
They sit there in there office getting there dick sucked while you bust your ass trying to figure out southern cal! Quit now while you can! Tell them HO'S you quit! Fuck You, Geeky Ass Pricks! Tell them How you really feel! Tell them you want to join a union and see where that gets you! Trucking companies can not survive without you!
Mexican truckers are right behind all your sorry asses, companies like DHE, Swift, they are ready to hire mexicans right now to save them 10 dollars an hour! boycott these companies right now! save america!
ron lappreau

Louisville, KY

#86 Nov 11, 2012
Transplant wrote:
Truck drivers don't give a damn about anyone bu themselves. They cut off passenger vehicles to pass another slow ass trucker even though it takes them 4 miles to make the pass! WOW!
If you don't like it call the police. They can determine if the heinous roadhog trucker is obstructing the portion of the road that belongs to you.
guest

Kansas City, MO

#87 Nov 11, 2012
x truck driver slave wrote:
all you truck drivers are just gimps for these fat cats, your making your .38 a mile while they are making $550,000 a year just being a fat cat head of the truck driving company!
They sit there in there office getting there dick sucked while you bust your ass trying to figure out southern cal! Quit now while you can! Tell them HO'S you quit! Fuck You, Geeky Ass Pricks! Tell them How you really feel! Tell them you want to join a union and see where that gets you! Trucking companies can not survive without you!
Mexican truckers are right behind all your sorry asses, companies like DHE, Swift, they are ready to hire mexicans right now to save them 10 dollars an hour! boycott these companies right now! save america!
Wasnt man e nuff to do the job was you,dont be ashamed tell the truth.
Bad Gas

Dallas, TX

#88 Nov 14, 2012
Are most truck drivers really gay?
guest

Albemarle, NC

#90 Nov 14, 2012
Bad Gas wrote:
Are most truck drivers really gay?
no thats welders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
laney haze fowler 16 min Guest 1
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 32 min Dawg 98,310
what up with feds in town 1 hr Mr. Mxyzptlk 5
The truth regarding Danny Higgins and Beau the ... 1 hr knowing 19
wisper internet 1 hr guest 3
Come on! We have all seen Old Yeller! Put the b... 2 hr guest 4
Parker and Jackson well service (Feb '14) 2 hr John 6
family thief 6 hr Welfare 11 5
DHS classmates that lost their lives (Nov '12) 21 hr guest 79
Dyersburg Dating
Find my Match

Dyersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dyersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:25 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:25PM
Titans vs. Eagles: Complete Week 12 Preview for Philadelphia
Bleacher Report 7:31 PM
St. Louis Rams vs. San Diego Chargers: Complete Week 12 Preview for St. Louis
Bleacher Report 7:34 PM
Tennessee vs. Philadelphia: What Are Experts Saying About Philadelphia?
Bleacher Report11:22 PM
Titans' Week 12 Preview vs. Eagles
Bleacher Report 5:45 AM
Biggest Upsets for NFL Week 12