First Prev
of 3
Next Last
PARENT 2

Union City, TN

#41 Apr 30, 2010
This is really getting old.Umpires late for games, changing game time to satisfy them.and still cain;t
do a decent job. I saw the strike ih the dirt also. some one needs to step up to the plate and i don;t mean home plate.Management does not seem to be doing a very good job on anything.[dogs in side park,coaches smoking in dug outs, and unruley kids every where.every one has a complaint and these are mine. Also kids having a late game may not get into bed until 11 o/clock on a school night.
Complaint

United States

#42 Apr 30, 2010
PARENT 2 wrote:
This is really getting old.Umpires late for games, changing game time to satisfy them.and still cain;t
do a decent job. I saw the strike ih the dirt also. some one needs to step up to the plate and i don;t mean home plate.Management does not seem to be doing a very good job on anything.[dogs in side park,coaches smoking in dug outs, and unruley kids every where.every one has a complaint and these are mine. Also kids having a late game may not get into bed until 11 o/clock on a school night.
Dogs are not allowed and everyone bringing them out are being asked to leave. There is even a sign on the fence stating no pets. There is also a sign sayign no food and drinks , but many choose not to read them. Coaches caught smoking are asked to leave also. there are areas set aside for anyone wishing to destroy their lungs. Unruley kids? So now management has to be the babysitter while you say how much better job being an umpire than the ones out there are? Might try watching your own children and be responsible for the way they act and the way you act win little johnny or susie gets called out.Get mad when you hear foul language on the other side of the field but you saying 4 letter words in front of your little angels it is ok. Umpires do need to be on time and need to be knowledgable about what they are doing. So since you know how to do it all and run the ballpark too..sign your butt up. So you set the example ..you step upto the plate...you put your money where you mouth is. If i was running the ballpark i'd hand you the keys and say good riddence. No way in the world i would try want to put up with the crap they have to. lots of things need to be worked on out there and lots of attitudes need to be worked on too.
Mad Mom

Dyersburg, TN

#43 Apr 30, 2010
Complaint wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogs are not allowed and everyone bringing them out are being asked to leave. There is even a sign on the fence stating no pets. There is also a sign sayign no food and drinks , but many choose not to read them. Coaches caught smoking are asked to leave also. there are areas set aside for anyone wishing to destroy their lungs. Unruley kids? So now management has to be the babysitter while you say how much better job being an umpire than the ones out there are? Might try watching your own children and be responsible for the way they act and the way you act win little johnny or susie gets called out.Get mad when you hear foul language on the other side of the field but you saying 4 letter words in front of your little angels it is ok. Umpires do need to be on time and need to be knowledgable about what they are doing. So since you know how to do it all and run the ballpark too..sign your butt up. So you set the example ..you step upto the plate...you put your money where you mouth is. If i was running the ballpark i'd hand you the keys and say good riddence. No way in the world i would try want to put up with the crap they have to. lots of things need to be worked on out there and lots of attitudes need to be worked on too.
If they want me to umpire I sure will. Could not do any worse than the umpire last night. I would be fair I would not pick out which team I like and make sure to help them with calls, or by giving them extra runs. By the way I am not saying all the umpires are bad, but sorry Jake needs to either find something else to do or go back to school. I could also understand if it were just parents complaining but when the other umpire umping the same game is telling him he is wrong must be something to it. Or when the coach of the opposite team tells him that he was wrong the pitcher did not balk. Now take Mr. Allen you could not ask for a better umpire. He is fair, he is always smiling and very friendly. Oh he also shows up on time. Sorry if your Jake or related to Jake but he does not know how to umpire. Like I said I will umpire if they want me to!!!!
Complaint

United States

#44 Apr 30, 2010
aint related to jake, dont even know jake. and maybe jake wont be back.if he is bad the he needs to be gone, but you gota have a body to put out there to call the guy. but the crap the umps listen to , why would they wanna be there. Mr Allen is a good guy. Wish all were like him. the number to the ballfields is in the book , call them, they want you , i know for a fact they are looking for good , dependable umpires.
lonny

Dyersburg, TN

#45 Apr 30, 2010
Thay need to get rid of Jake the ball hits the dirt and he call a strike and i said what was that and he said in front of all the kids to stop bitching Its time to get rid of him. Even when hes in the field he makes bad calls. Eather give him a rule book or get rid of him
Mad Mom

Dyersburg, TN

#46 Apr 30, 2010
Complaint wrote:
aint related to jake, dont even know jake. and maybe jake wont be back.if he is bad the he needs to be gone, but you gota have a body to put out there to call the guy. but the crap the umps listen to , why would they wanna be there. Mr Allen is a good guy. Wish all were like him. the number to the ballfields is in the book , call them, they want you , i know for a fact they are looking for good , dependable umpires.
Dont take my word for how bad Jake is. Come to the ballfield next Tues. or Thursday on field six and see for yourself. See if you think this umpire is fair and see if you would want him umpiring for your kids. I am not getting smart with you just everyone wants to blame the parents. See what you think. My son has played ball out there for several years now, and this is the first complaint I have made about anyone or anything out there. You seem like you know the ball park very well maybe you could help find some decent umpires. By the way I will call them about umpiring.
Baseball Dad

Dyersburg, TN

#47 Apr 30, 2010
I think the only way anything is gonna be done about this umpire is for all the parents to complain to the one over the 11 and 12 year old league.
lonny

Dyersburg, TN

#48 Apr 30, 2010
Im going to the board he's out there swearing with the kids around and all the bad calls does that why were moving to travel ball next year.There running the park down and people away. hope they do something before our next game

Roberta, GA

#49 Mar 22, 2013
What do you people have against high school kids being umpires? They have been around playing ball since they have been walking i wolud say they the game just as good or better than most of the adult umpires.

Humboldt, TN

#50 Mar 22, 2013
the young kids will let the older adults make the calls, these high school kids are to young to stand their grounds.

Dyersburg, TN

#51 Mar 25, 2013
This is exactly why my child will NEVER again play ball in this town. We will drive to Newbern or Yorkville any day. You people all need to realize that this is a FUN sport. 98% of these kids are not playing for the big leagues they are out there having fun. THe parents are the stupid ones that ruin it for everyone. Let them be kids. Who cares if the calls are bad what example are you all setting pitching a fit over not winning. WOW
Base ball Granny

Paducah, KY

#52 Jul 18, 2013
Will the state tournament be aired on radio?

Humboldt, TN

#53 Jul 18, 2013
The umpires I know do umpiring because they love the game. Very few umpire for the pay. If you consider the time spent traveling to and from games and the time it takes to play the game, you'll see that they don't make much per hour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyler McNeely 14 min stfu 2
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 18 min Rally 3,629
AAW Wrestling 40 min guest 9
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 1 hr Queue 97,565
Dyersubrg City Mayor Poll 2 hr VoteyesIgess 312
Amy 2 hr Johnny Barron 1
ufo in dyersburg (Apr '12) 5 hr Pep Pep 14
its not about a duck, dog, or a child 7 hr Roger in front of... 37
LongHorn Steak house in Dyersburg ! 14 hr Guest 30
Plamer law firm Thu FUNNY 5