What do you think?
Team Parent

Dyersburg, TN

#2 Apr 7, 2010
dust in the wind wrote:
Do all of them need eye check?
Thay can't call a ball or strike.
What do you think?
I believe your right! Also though seems as before the game starts they already know which team is going to win the game. Makes one wonder if some pay them off!!
Baseball mom

Lawndale, NC

#3 Apr 7, 2010
It would help if they didn't get little high school boys to umpire!!
Parent 2

Jackson, TN

#4 Apr 8, 2010
They are a joke none of them are trained right.
I also agree on the high school kids are there
for the little money thay get.
Jeremy

Smyrna, TN

#5 Apr 8, 2010
Then get your lazy asses out there and ump! Easy to sit in the stands and gripe about something but lend no intelligent solution isn't it?
sore losers

Dyersburg, TN

#6 Apr 8, 2010
i can not believe this you ppl are complaining about high school kids you should be thanful they are helping our youth get jobs you may not have one there now but you will,and them having a job will be best for them,for many reasons.

also evey team that loses always wants to yell someone cheated GET OVER IT you lost fair and square i bet if your team won that would be the last thing from your minds..

i think the board is fed-up with you crying ppl
always complaining i dont see how they handle all this bs you could not pay me enough to be in their shoes i give them much respect cause they do have all their hands full not with our youth but with some of you parents

'DONT HATE THE PLAYER/HATE THE GAME'
guest 22

Dyersburg, TN

#7 Apr 8, 2010
High school kids should never umpire above Tee ball. They are to easily imtimadated by adult coaches. Above Tee ball there should always be at least one experienced certified umpire behind the plate. Second one the bases. Never do a game that has kid pitchers without two umpires. It will cost more but the games will be much better controlled and umpired.
i agree

Dyersburg, TN

#8 Apr 8, 2010
my son plays at dixie in majors and i have not had a high school kid ump one of our games
Team Parent

Dyersburg, TN

#9 Apr 8, 2010
My son plays at Dixie Youth also in the O-zone league. We do not have high school kids umpire our games. Heck, who knows if they did we might have better calls. ( Sometimes could not get much worse). I understand that bad calls are a part of the game. When an umpire makes comments that he wishes this game would come on and get over because he has a game on the tv to watch, makes you wonder if it was a bad call, or intentional.
never satisfied

Dyersburg, TN

#10 Apr 8, 2010
i agree with [sore loser] my son is in high school and if it wasnt for places such as dixie giving our kids a job they would not learn anything to prepare them for real world 'working experiences'
also it was said that these high school kids are easily intimidated by the older ppl i dont kno about you but i've taught my son better.you parents will be gratful to have your son out working even if it is as a umpire one day

United States

#11 Apr 8, 2010
Quit bitching about them and get your ass out there
if you think you can do better. Here is a link where you can get your equipment.

http://www.hitrunscore.com/umpire-equipment.h...

Also I called HS and Dixie ballgames for years. People like yall is why qualified people like me
don't do dixie anymore. Atleast at the HS level you
get paid more for the bs you have to put up with

Covington, TN

#12 Apr 8, 2010
Umpires are people, yes they may miss a few, but most of them do their best! A friend of mines daughter is starting to ump this year. She wants to start out slow and do the younger girls but this will give her something to do and you never know where it might lead to in the future. Also by husband umps HS and college ball. He loves college ball but hates HS because of the stupid parents that bitch about every single call. I go sometimes and listen to these stupid people. If some of you only knew how stupid you sound you would shut up. I was at a game a couple of weeks ago and the center fielder was trying to catch a fly ball..it poped in and right back out of his glove and fell to the ground. Stupid fans were yelling and saying "he caught it" and saying to the umps they are stupid and not worth a crap..What makes it even worse is sometimes his children go with him and they hear these stupid people. Before you bitch you need to remember most umps take pride in what they do and really do try to do a good job.
Balldad

Smyrna, TN

#13 Apr 8, 2010
Last year, the umps were better. We had some problems with a couple calls last year in the 10-11 yr olds but I really enjoyed Parnell and Brasfield. They were consistant and for the most part called good games. Haven't seen either of them this year
Ball Dad

Jackson, TN

#14 Apr 8, 2010
The 11 and 12 year olds umps need to get a new job
because they cant call nothing money buy there calls.
Hot

Jackson, TN

#15 Apr 9, 2010
Thay change the rules last night in th 11 and 12
year olds last ? why?

United States

#16 Apr 9, 2010
why not get real umps? what would be the difference in cost?
Team Mom

Dyersburg, TN

#17 Apr 9, 2010
They changed the rules in the 11 and 12 years because some were complaining about the rules during Tuesday evening games. Come on now, they change the one rule that they were complaining about and now they are complaining that they changed it. I bet there is not anyone that could make you happy!
umpire

Dyersburg, TN

#18 Apr 9, 2010
dixie cant get good umpires becouse they do not want to put up with the parents..i umpire high school and college ball and will never umpire dixie.the parents are crazy out there..i feel sorry for the board,they have there hands full
lonny

Dyersburg, TN

#19 Apr 9, 2010
i think the umpires there suck. they waste too much time and cost us the game. took 10 mins off the clock trying to make a call that was no good. maybe we will go to newburn next year. someone i hope does something before they lose all there players

Dyersburg, TN

#20 Apr 15, 2010
It is hard to work games at this level. I have been to umpires school in florida and I know what its takes. The coaches don't know how to play the game or coach a player. They don't know a balk or anything about pitching. High school and college ball is better. for the most part a high school coach do not want player playing summer ball because the coach get the player into doing bad things. Baseball is a hard game if you play it the right way. You can amke 85.00 to 150.00 per game doing high school and college games. Why work for 25.00 dollars. If the board would turn the umpires over to Jimmy Meeks in halls they would get TSSAA approved umpires. But they want put up with alot BS. and you will have to pay them They attend camps and school for umpireing and they are not cheap. you pay for you get. But you get some good umpires and most have been to Professional umpires school. They know the game and they have to pass test and beable to performe at level or you don't get the games you want. One um[pire show up for a game and didnot have the SEC cap and was find 200.00 He want forget next time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Android Hacking 10 min Guest 5
again Roger and his bit April scared 48 min nstagator 7
Keep a word drop a word (Jun '14) 3 hr Analog man 273
News Three Dead in Dyersburg Shooting (Aug '09) 8 hr friend 167
DHS classmates that lost their lives (Nov '12) 8 hr guest 119
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 8 hr mayor of my business 8,987
trust or not to trust 9 hr woman 2
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 10 hr Karensfriend 101,404
Shocked...Not 13 hr Guest 35
OWNER OF McDONALDS THREATENED BURNETT (Nov '11) 19 hr jus wondering 62