anyone be wrongfully accused of stealin at walmart

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
investigating

Milan, TN

#1 Jan 24, 2010
has anyone on here been put in jail at walmart for stealin that REALLY did not steal and u proved u wouldnt stealing anything9 in the court room?
anon

Union City, TN

#2 Jan 24, 2010
What evidence do they have if you say you did not?
Robin Cradles

United States

#3 Jan 24, 2010
Walmart has a jail?
anon

Union City, TN

#4 Jan 24, 2010
Wal FART
investigating

Newbern, TN

#5 Jan 24, 2010
anon wrote:
What evidence do they have if you say you did not?
it wouldnt me first of all, but the proof is on teh camera that they refused to go back and watch, my friend was by the bench right by the door askin him for his billfold, she had her hands full of stuff cus she had got more than thought she was and went to the bench by the door to get her husbands billfold the security guard grabbed her arm and said she was shoplifting and she told him to go back and check the cameras and he refused to and she had her hand fulls but he wrote down all the itmes in her arm and said she stole them and she hadnt went out the door or anything, was just standing ther gettin some money from her husband. I thought the law was until u walked out the door, then they cant say u stole something. Does anyone know the laws about shoplifting in TN. This person has never stole anything in her life and just got done takin her sisters to the mall and spent over $200. on them and about $300. on herself and she had a pocket full of money so i know she wouldnt go in and still $10. worth of junk. So does anyone know if u never walk out the door how in the heck can they say u r shoplifting
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#6 Jan 24, 2010
when did this happen.
PWND

Jackson, TN

#7 Jan 24, 2010
If she didn't leave the store or set off any alarms, and if they didn't check the tapes, she needs to spend a little of that money and hire a GOOD lawyer and fight her ass off in court. That security guard shouldn't have touched her unless she was out the door.
fan

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2010
PWND wrote:
If she didn't leave the store or set off any alarms, and if they didn't check the tapes, she needs to spend a little of that money and hire a GOOD lawyer and fight her ass off in court. That security guard shouldn't have touched her unless she was out the door.
"Asportation" within the meaning of shoplifting law does not require that you leave the premises: it only requires that you move the merchandise with intent to steal. Of course, the intent could be inferred from placing it in your pocket, in your purse, or, as so many local criminals are wont to do, placing it down your pants or bra.

So no, you do not have to leave the store to be guilty of theft.

That being said, be VERY careful when shopping at WalMart. People are arrested there often.
A thought

United States

#9 Jan 24, 2010
You are not suppose to touch them unless they are out the door. I managed a store and we walked a thin line on catching shoplifters.
Robin Cradles

United States

#10 Jan 24, 2010
First of all if your caught stealing at walmart they call the cops and they have to watch the video. The police officer has to put this in the report as evidence . They will not arrest you unless there is sufficient evidence that you were shoplifting. I'm sure there were plenty of witness's there that can testify that see either was or was not shoplifting. Also walmart has a new policy that if someone does steal something and make it out the door walmart employees are not allowed to chase after them, they have to let the police handle it.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#11 Jan 25, 2010
sound like they needed to get caught .
me just me

Dyersburg, TN

#12 Jan 25, 2010
just quit stealling in walmart and you wont have to ask such questions you may get by with it once or twice but if they catch you and have seen it on film they can charge you with that also lol serves these theifs right
proudmomma

United States

#13 Jan 25, 2010
if u go passed the point of check out....it is shoplifting. dont waste your cash on a lawyer....it is the law....im guessing but are you talking about the bench by the door before you go out the door or the one in between doorways????
Cherroy

Toronto, Canada

#14 Jan 3, 2014
On December 16, 2013 I purchased a game Batman for PS3 and obtained a receipt. January 2nd 2014, i was returning the game to Walmart. Went straight to customer service, and was informed the game can only be exchanged. I went to the video game section and tried to find the game. i did not so i decided to leave Walmart. While i was exciting i was surrounded by Walmart floor walkers and security. Claiming i stole the game that i walked in with, and i have my receipt. The security called the police and had me charged. i purchased this game before the new year and on my debit card. it was a gift for my nephew. now because the game didn'twork i had to take it back and Walmart took the game claiming i stole it after i paid $19.95 plus tax. Also they held me for 4 hours while i have a 3 month old baby who was hungry and being breastfed. Also i want to sue if you can help please contact me a.s.a.p. Thank you for your time.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#15 Jan 3, 2014
Well I worked in retail and there is a fine line there about shoplifting. You do have to go out of the store. They cannot do anything until you leave the store. Then I still dont think they can put their hands on you. As far as the cameras they probably didnt watch because they did not have them on or was not taping at the time. They do not ever have all thoes cameras on however you dont know which ones are on. But if you push it they will have to show you the tape and have the film to prove it. Some people just walk out with stuff and they dont do anything. Sometimes the alarm goes off and they dont even go check it out and then they will falsely accuse someone that did nothing. If you did not shoplift then I would sue them for falsely accusing you and embarassment and holding you with a young child hungry and you will get a lot of money. That is a serious accurasation. One not to be taken lightly. When I worked retail we actually had to let people leave we knew had stole because we had to be positive or we could sseriously get in trouble. I knew a guy they accused and I dont think he did anything they were just harrassing him but he hadnt had his diabetic meds and hadnt eaten and they kept him for ever and he was sick and not just right and they wouldnt even let him call his family. I donot even shop at Wal Mart unless I absolutely have too. I do not like what it has become. I will go to Kroger first. I wish they had competition here like a target or k-mart.
cant say

San Antonio, TX

#16 Jan 14, 2014
i wuz put up agenst the freezers and the cops shertched me it wuz imbarising my 3 year old wuz with me and wuz a lil woried about here dad wallmart had 2 men follow us around the store we took nothing but thay sed we took tags off of items we had not even ben tuching thows items i wuz hot thay imbarest me bad it wuz pritty bizzy ever one stoped to look
Andy

Fair Oaks, CA

#17 Jan 14, 2014
guest wrote:
Well I worked in retail and there is a fine line there about shoplifting. You do have to go out of the store. They cannot do anything until you leave the store. Then I still dont think they can put their hands on you. As far as the cameras they probably didnt watch because they did not have them on or was not taping at the time. They do not ever have all thoes cameras on however you dont know which ones are on. But if you push it they will have to show you the tape and have the film to prove it. Some people just walk out with stuff and they dont do anything. Sometimes the alarm goes off and they dont even go check it out and then they will falsely accuse someone that did nothing. If you did not shoplift then I would sue them for falsely accusing you and embarassment and holding you with a young child hungry and you will get a lot of money. That is a serious accurasation. One not to be taken lightly. When I worked retail we actually had to let people leave we knew had stole because we had to be positive or we could sseriously get in trouble. I knew a guy they accused and I dont think he did anything they were just harrassing him but he hadnt had his diabetic meds and hadnt eaten and they kept him for ever and he was sick and not just right and they wouldnt even let him call his family. I donot even shop at Wal Mart unless I absolutely have too. I do not like what it has become. I will go to Kroger first. I wish they had competition here like a target or k-mart.
billionaire beanie-babies-founder-gets-pro bation, poor folks that steal a candy bar may get 10 tears.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-m...
WTH

Ripley, TN

#18 Jan 14, 2014
investigating wrote:
<quoted text>it wouldnt me first of all, but the proof is on teh camera that they refused to go back and watch, my friend was by the bench right by the door askin him for his billfold, she had her hands full of stuff cus she had got more than thought she was and went to the bench by the door to get her husbands billfold the security guard grabbed her arm and said she was shoplifting and she told him to go back and check the cameras and he refused to and she had her hand fulls but he wrote down all the itmes in her arm and said she stole them and she hadnt went out the door or anything, was just standing ther gettin some money from her husband. I thought the law was until u walked out the door, then they cant say u stole something. Does anyone know the laws about shoplifting in TN. This person has never stole anything in her life and just got done takin her sisters to the mall and spent over $200. on them and about $300. on herself and she had a pocket full of money so i know she wouldnt go in and still $10. worth of junk. So does anyone know if u never walk out the door how in the heck can they say u r shoplifting
Wish I knew WTH you are trying to say. Speak English.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#19 Jan 15, 2014
It is simple don't shoplift
Donít be stupid
And everyone has their day in court.
Andy

Fair Oaks, CA

#20 Jan 15, 2014
guest wrote:
It is simple don't shoplift
Donít be stupid
And everyone has their day in court.
wal mart is Dyersburg's and Dyer Counties largest TAX suckers for the civil service donut eaters , tax on your food really SUCKS and should be banned by the VOTERS. Workers and accused does NOT have a dogs chance being treated fairly by the rwnut county or state. sad but true. KEEP FILING COMPLAINTS. Krogers and country mart should be cleaned up caz they have bad odor at times, health department should get involved.
VOTE DEMOCRAT VOTE UNION RESPECT LABOR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jill wilbanks 4 hr msn 1
missing man update 5 hr curious 5
Stacy cracker barrel 5 hr plz do 11
Hubs body shop 5 hr rpf42 3
The truth regarding Danny Higgins and Beau the ... 6 hr mars 129
God is Great 6 hr Preacher 1,134
miss hepatitis Jennifer dorse 6 hr guest 6
Dairy Queen 8 hr fredkock 27
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) Sat bno 99,298
What happened at Walmart? Sat Guest 8
Dyersburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dyersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dyersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:12 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:12PM
Indianapolis Colts Cap Season with Fitting AFC South Sweep
Bleacher Report 5:15 PM
St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
Yahoo! Sports 6:27 PM
Seahawks take NFC top seed, Packers and Panthers win
Bleacher Report 7:28 PM
Seahawks Clinch NFC's No. 1 Seed
NBC Sports12:50 AM
Colts cap 11-win season with 27-10 win over Titans - NBC Sports