Sesame Street $1 Million Grant Obama’s Stimulus Bill – Created 1.47 Jobs

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

Elmoetta

Martin, TN

#1 Oct 8, 2012
This grant was brought to you by the letters “A” and “R”— as in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, aka the “stimulus bill.”

Sesame Workshop, the independent nonprofit corporation that produces the popular childrens’ program Sesame Street, received a $1,067,532 stimulus bill grant in August 2010, via the Department of Health and Human Services.

The funding was to promote healthy eating according to the federal Recovery. gov website:

The projected created “1.47″ new jobs, the website reported. How they could calculate this to a hundredth of a percent is anybody’s guess. In any event, that comes out to about $726,000 per job created.

The money is separate from the funds Sesame Workshop receives from the federally-funded Corporation for Public Broadcasting to run the Sesame Street program on PBS stations.

The Recovery Act website lists the healthy eating project as more than 50 percent completed though most of the grant money appears to have been drawn.

(But it did create 1.47 jobs....) lol

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sesame-street-r...
demothieves

Jackson, TN

#2 Oct 9, 2012
damn that sure is a rich Big Bird. I bet ole Oscar the Grouch and Bert and Ernie didnt get a cut.

As far as this healthy eating. Have you seen the stuff they are putting on the lunch trays in schools now days since Michelle obamas Bell got her hands on school lunch program. Just because of barack and michelles kenyian like bodies doesnt mean all kids gota look like that.

Kids will not eat any of the food. Its mandated from Washington whats gota be on the tray or local schools lose a portion of the federal funds for schools. And by the way, its that stupid to send your local money all the way to washington just so they can send a few pennies back after they hold out all the administrative cost and tell you how to spend it ? why not leave it in the hands of the local folks to spend more wisely and get better results. I know I know, that aint the way it works because then we will not be dependant on obama and his meancing hords.(note it did not say whores that would have been clinton)

But what good does it do to change lunch menus to things that taste so bad the kids will not eat. I mean its a waste of food. They just throw it out. I mean i know the obamas hope they can change things but hope isnt a strategy for better nutrition and using our kiddies as lab rats. I bet the obama babies aint eating the crap thats on the school plates around here. Goya go. Headed to get a fat greasy oily heart stopping artery clogging cheeseburger before obamacare death panel outlaws it and Big Bird is on my ass.
Anon1970

New Salisbury, IN

#3 Oct 9, 2012
i'm chicken hawk and i'm going to get me a chicken fogg horn legg horn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 22 min Tammy 100,716
Life 25 min Just me 45
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 40 min ucf 8,862
God is Great (Aug '14) 42 min maybe 2,062
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 48 min Alex Nicole 4,069
Rusty Burrow cleared 51 min guest 58
justice for Rusty and the DPD 56 min guest 17
The FBI Should investigate the DPD 58 min guest 145
Open Letter to Tony Agresta @ Alvino's 8 hr SBJ 28
wife swap Dyersburg (Apr '12) Thu Michael Young 37