roofer recommendations
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nuf said

Trumann, AR

#23 Feb 6, 2013
Looks like a bunch of people making posts about their own business under several different names.
just my thoughts

Desoto, TX

#24 Feb 6, 2013
Billy Carroll is good also Ricky Burr is good. Ricky has always done work for us and he is a good honest guy that does not ram it to you. In fact most of the time I give him more than the amount he charges because he under sells himself. I am not related to either of these guys.
dchs mom

Odessa, TX

#25 Feb 6, 2013
guest wrote:
Noels roofing and remodeling reliable work and trustworthy people with good reputations
I have heard they do good work. Honest people..I believe they have been roofing for years.
dchs mom

Odessa, TX

#26 Feb 6, 2013
just my thoughts wrote:
Billy Carroll is good also Ricky Burr is good. Ricky has always done work for us and he is a good honest guy that does not ram it to you. In fact most of the time I give him more than the amount he charges because he under sells himself. I am not related to either of these guys.
I agree on Ricky Burr. He does excellent work.

Hellbilly 1

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27 Feb 6, 2013
dchs mom wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard they do good work. Honest people..I believe they have been roofing for years.
I agree. Ask for Ricky Noel.
GUEST

United States

#28 Feb 6, 2013
Chris Fowler did our roof and we were very happy with the job. Have never had a problem with his work. He and his crew was so repectful around my preteen daughter and me. Will be using them again soon for our rental
I kow

Henderson, TN

#29 Feb 7, 2013
There are 2 Spicer boys...John is the one who used to roof and now is banned from that type of work but James Spicer on the other hand is a very honest and hard working man. Please don't post just a last name, that makes it unfair to the good ones out there!
guest5 wrote:
Don't use spicer either if he's still doing it. We got more shingles and vinyl siding in our shop piled up that fell off. Trans almost still on the house. Ours was done 2-4 years ago. And the first 6mo after installation our shop pile was started and continues to grow even today.
Sad but True

Dyersburg, TN

#30 Feb 7, 2013
Hellbilly 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. Ask for Ricky Noel.
I wished I could recommend the Noel brothers, but their crew did not take care of crucial details thus leaving me with a poor roof job. Their other jobs may be satisfied, but not me.
guest

Millington, TN

#32 Apr 9, 2013
There are some Mennonites in Union City that do a good job.
Bridge Salesman

Dyersburg, TN

#33 Apr 9, 2013
just my thoughts wrote:
Billy Carroll is good also Ricky Burr is good. Ricky has always done work for us and he is a good honest guy that does not ram it to you. In fact most of the time I give him more than the amount he charges because he under sells himself. I am not related to either of these guys.
Burr is a thief. When the job was finished he demanded an extra $700+ and then left with a bunch of materials the customer had paid for. Surely there are more honest roofers than that out there.
guesr

United States

#34 Apr 10, 2013
Do not use Benthal he hires a bunch of people and leaves them to do the job and we gave him all the money up front and my roof has never stopped leaking he never brought my new gutter never finished the inside. Everytime I call him he says he will be here tomorrow and I don't know what tomorrow he means but I haven't seen him . Good thing ge hasn't done the inside work it it would havebto be done over. Our roof leakes just as bad S it ever did. He also tells you he is a great Christian man. He doesn't even need to come in the house to put up the gutter and he hasn't dine that. I an gonna make sure he finishes my job but I would never never recommend him I didn't want to give him all the money til he finished and I knew better but my husband said he was alright and he was suppose to be s friend if his soooo bad. Never trust anyone.
guest

United States

#35 Apr 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
DON'T use Fowler!!! He and his ole man have a habit of taking money and half-ass doing the job!!! Check him out on West TN Business Bureau.
Fowler did a very good job on my roof and I have a 9x12 pitch
friendly neighbor

Covington, TN

#36 Apr 10, 2013
I just had my roof replaced by Billy Carroll, fair price, excellent work and out of there in no time. I would recommend him and his crew any day.

Another credential is I know he replaced Tony Dement's roof (Forcum Lannom President)
guest

Sioux City, IA

#37 Apr 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I used Brooks for work other that roofing. He gave be a written quote and sent a crew to do the work. They did the easy stuff first. When it came time for work that was going to take some time, he wanted more money than his bid. I reminded him of his bid and he said he had bid it too low because he needed the work at that time. I paid the worthless, lying, cheat for the work they had done and sent him on his way. What makes him lower than low is the first thing he will do is tell you how religious he is.
Are you sure you didn't add more work than was agreed on? I have been around this business for over 25 yrs. and most of the time it is the homeowner that adds more work and they expect the contractor to do it for the same price. There are TWO sides to every story. I know Lynn and he is a good guy. I just about bet that you added work or it was a situation where you may not know what you are dealing with until you tear into it and see what's underneath. I have found that a lot of homeowners don't seem to understand things like that, and they ALWAYS blame the contractor and think that he's ripping them off somehow, when all they are doing is trying not to cut their own throat. Do you expect him to just "eat" the extra cost when it was unable to be assesed properly in the beggining? Maybe things could be explained a little better or something but IF Lynn "really" did jack you up AFTER he started, and he didn't warn you about unseen circumstances, then that was wrong. I wasn't there, but if you are in the wrong then own up to it. Not ALL contractors are looking to rip you a new hole. Remember, most ALL self employed contractors don't have paid sick days or paid holidays and they have to provide all of their own insurance plus pay taxes. Bad weather affects them and so much more. Don't lie on them for trying to make a living. They are not there do you you a favor. They want MONEY for doing ANYTHING and they should be paid, because I promise you, when you make it to friday, you got that paw out and saying, "Where be da check!"
wondering

Sioux City, IA

#38 Apr 12, 2013
guest wrote:
do not use frazier. they are high and work sucks come look at my roof
where is your roof? I would like to see it.
Guesty

Dyersburg, TN

#39 Apr 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure you didn't add more work than was agreed on? I have been around this business for over 25 yrs. and most of the time it is the homeowner that adds more work and they expect the contractor to do it for the same price. There are TWO sides to every story. I know Lynn and he is a good guy. I just about bet that you added work or it was a situation where you may not know what you are dealing with until you tear into it and see what's underneath. I have found that a lot of homeowners don't seem to understand things like that, and they ALWAYS blame the contractor and think that he's ripping them off somehow, when all they are doing is trying not to cut their own throat. Do you expect him to just "eat" the extra cost when it was unable to be assesed properly in the beggining? Maybe things could be explained a little better or something but IF Lynn "really" did jack you up AFTER he started, and he didn't warn you about unseen circumstances, then that was wrong. I wasn't there, but if you are in the wrong then own up to it. Not ALL contractors are looking to rip you a new hole. Remember, most ALL self employed contractors don't have paid sick days or paid holidays and they have to provide all of their own insurance plus pay taxes. Bad weather affects them and so much more. Don't lie on them for trying to make a living. They are not there do you you a favor. They want MONEY for doing ANYTHING and they should be paid, because I promise you, when you make it to friday, you got that paw out and saying, "Where be da check!"
Thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Brooks!
Guest

South Sioux City, NE

#40 Apr 12, 2013
Chad Hicks does roofs and he is great!!! Stay away from Fowler, he rips you off and don't finish the work!!!
guest

Sioux City, IA

#42 Apr 13, 2013
Guesty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Brooks!
I'm NOT Lynn Brooks. howecer, I know him and I don't believe he would intentionally rip you off. The reason I know so much about this stuff, is because I have been around the remodeling business for many years.
Guest

Arlington, TX

#43 Apr 13, 2013
I wouldn't get a recommendation for anything on topix. Some people do great work and others are jealous of their business so they make up stories of people being scammed and people takin people's money. Get a life, get off the couch and get a job. Leave hard working people alone. This is mainly for the obese, hateful, jealous couple that can't keep their noses out of others business. You will get yours one day. What goes around comes around.
guest

Sioux City, IA

#46 Apr 15, 2013
Guest wrote:
I wouldn't get a recommendation for anything on topix. Some people do great work and others are jealous of their business so they make up stories of people being scammed and people takin people's money. Get a life, get off the couch and get a job. Leave hard working people alone. This is mainly for the obese, hateful, jealous couple that can't keep their noses out of others business. You will get yours one day. What goes around comes around.
What are YOU doing on Topix? If that ain't the "Pot calling the Kettle black."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cockroach in my food at Los Portales 37 min REDS don t care 23
tRUMP budget: $800 billion in Medicaid cuts 39 min amazed 4
blisters Betsy DeVos in open letter: ‘You are w... 43 min ChopperBlades 4
Like I said, a ham sandwich can be arrested in ... 51 min REDS don t care 7
Reece Hopgood 1 hr qwerty 1
rough country 1 hr Meme 12
Finders keepers 2 hr Cuban Guy 5

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dyersburg Mortgages