United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Does anyone know how to file a complaint to the TSSAA about refs. Witnessed a really biased game against Gibson Co. It's bad when Obion Co. Fans come up and tell ya that you got screwed. Would really appreciate the information. Thanks.
fan 2

Kenton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

westview just outplayed them tonight ,refs didnt cost them 20 points how many freethows they miss ,how many unforced turnovers its all about exicution,they didnt play well,there will be another day
well

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

I wasn't at the game, but I highly doubt the refs made a 20 point difference in the game. Coach Hart would have to talk to the AD and the AD would have to file a complaint. If I heard correctly, Joyner from Milan was one of the refs. Gibson has had him so many times over the years, it will be impossible to never have him again as a ref. Although he does make some bad calls, as do all refs, I think he's fairly decent for a high school ref. I'm a big time Gibson Co. fan and I wished they could've done better, however let's not show bad sportsmanship by complaining about refs. Gibson Co. has die hard fans and it always sucks to lose, however appreciate what Haynes, Khadijah, Joyce and Ambur have done for Gibson Co. basketball over their 4 years. Afterall, they were a part of the 2 state championships.
go gc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Very true! The senior girls have done a great job over the last 4 yrs.. Had another 20+ win season this year, just wish one of the 2 wins gc hax over westview this season was tonight but westview was just better tonight even though there was some calls ahainst gc. ladies shouldnt hang their head, Coach Hart has done a great job with them the last 2 years and will continue it in the future even though it will be very tough after losing those 4 seniors and a lot if young players left on the team. Were still proud of the lady pioneers!
Should Have Been There

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

I definetly agree about the seniors playing so hard tonight. If anyone showed bad sportsmanship it was Joyner. A Gibson Co. fan made a comment and Joyner heard it. He stopped the game and then blamed the wrong people for saying it. What was hilarious is that it was an Obion Co. fan he blamed. After that is was just all down hill. It just took the wind out of Gibson County's sails. As Joyner walked out he just smiled at the Gibson CO. fans. Irritated us so bad. I'm not saying it was all ref's faults but there definitley were some terrible calls. I just wish we could have went out on a better note this year.

Since: Feb 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Donny Joyner is one of the best referees in not only West TN but the entire state. You do not believe that? Drive south to Jackson or west to Memphis and watch their officiating crews. Oh, wait, we get to see Memphis almost every year in Region play; just watch them closely. many of them do not even know what a "drop-step" is by a post player. As another poster stated, I doubt if Joyner commited any fouls, made any 3's or FT's for Westview, etc.GC girls won 20 games this season?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

well wrote:
I wasn't at the game, but I highly doubt the refs made a 20 point difference in the game. Coach Hart would have to talk to the AD and the AD would have to file a complaint. If I heard correctly, Joyner from Milan was one of the refs. Gibson has had him so many times over the years, it will be impossible to never have him again as a ref. Although he does make some bad calls, as do all refs, I think he's fairly decent for a high school ref. I'm a big time Gibson Co. fan and I wished they could've done better, however let's not show bad sportsmanship by complaining about refs. Gibson Co. has die hard fans and it always sucks to lose, however appreciate what Haynes, Khadijah, Joyce and Ambur have done for Gibson Co. basketball over their 4 years. Afterall, they were a part of the 2 state championships.
I remember being in the 'Boro' back when your asst coach(coach's wife" was a player and GC lost by what most thought was an obvious foul on her that wasnt called. Her mother("die-hard fan") went to the ledge and threw her pompons at the referees. If memory is correct, that basket would have just tied the game and there seems to be the unwritten rule of no OT's at State altho there have been a few. For GC, remember the Chicago Cubs fan lament, "just wait til next year".
well2

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Correction. It wasn't the refs. It was one ref. Who should have been a professional and not punished gc girls bc he didn't like one comment. Get over it and act the way he was supposed to. No gc might not have won anyway and no one is mad that they lost. Just furious that they wasn't given a fair chance. Yes they have a few turnovers and etc but when Joyner let westview plow over a girl didn't call it and then another ref calls it how pathetic is that? He probably is a good ref until u call him out on something he doesn't like. Obviously he didn't ref onions game like that and he didn't smile at ripely when they lost. Anyways basic point. Its ok they lost but not when they wasn't given a fair chance.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

As the saying goes, maybe that particular call wasn't his to make and he was watching his area of the floor. Tell me more, maybe. Where did the action take place? Where was Donny on the floor? I'm certain it was a 3-man crew, correct? Where was the official that made that particular call?
well 2

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

And another thing its not westviews fault that Joyner screwed over gc. Both girls did the best they could.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Just remember that these officals were chosen and voted on by the coaches.
well 2

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

It happened directly in front of him so I would say that would have been his to make.
fan

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Anyways enjoy your cheap victory. Bc that's not going to get you through all the way.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

sometimes what happens directly in front of you is the hardest call to see/make. maybe the other official making the call just didnt see it as Donny did..sometimes it's "no harm, no foul".And I doubt if his smiling at the GC fans was a way of telling them anything; maybe it was just a friendly smile as Donny smiles a lot.
well2

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

K. True I wasn't trying to run him down just
saying he's done a better job than that and hope next tine he does.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

I understand, well2;sometimes our emotions(as fans) make us say and do what we normally would not.
pioneer fan

Kenton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

it was a tuff lost,we have good girls and good coach,girls show good sportsmanship in a hard lost,they dont give up,gc has alot to be proud of.good luck to westview rest of the way.
well

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Also, Haynes only had 2 points last night. It seems as if Westview made major emphasis on shutting Haynes down and they did that. I hate Gibson Co. lost, but today is a new day. This game should give the underclassmen more of a reason to push harder in the off-season. There's no reason that Gibson Co. can't get back to Murfreesboro within 2-3 years with the young talent that they have. Now that Gibson Co. is done, go support former GC players over at UTM! I'm sure McMillan would appreciate everyone in Gibson Co. coming out and supporting UTM for their last 1 or 2 home games and then even the OVC tournaments if you can make it.
useless information

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

that was totally useless. still didn't answer my question. gee thanks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

useless information wrote:
that was totally useless. still didn't answer my question. gee thanks
What was your question?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Dyer Forum right now

Search the Dyer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 27 min WOW 8,989
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 29 min Pete 141,726
Wright for Gibson Co Sheriff (Dec '13) 5 hr Wont be Rodney 293
Running for alderman 6 hr OBrian an lawler 65
Tyrone Eskew 7 hr Greenfield 2
Snitches 8 hr citizen 10
County Mayor-who will win? 13 hr Bet me 41
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dyer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000