city of dyer?
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
left hook

Somerset, KY

#1 Sep 28, 2011
i have lived here now for 4 years and have come to the conclusion that taxes are extremely hi here. and after some looking into i have also come to the conclusion that there are too many public employees here in such a small area. why would this 1 or 2 square mile area need a city government? why would we even call this a city? why am i paying property taxes for both county and city? on top of that, the water bill, OMG. also besides my normal registration a city sticker? now what does that pay for?
lvf

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Sep 29, 2011
left hook wrote:
i have lived here now for 4 years and have come to the conclusion that taxes are extremely hi here. and after some looking into i have also come to the conclusion that there are too many public employees here in such a small area. why would this 1 or 2 square mile area need a city government? why would we even call this a city? why am i paying property taxes for both county and city? on top of that, the water bill, OMG. also besides my normal registration a city sticker? now what does that pay for?
Just wondering where you lived previously as Im certaim that city/town had the same taxes/problems, etc? Ive lived in Dyer for 25 yrs and im very well satisfied here.
left hook

Somerset, KY

#3 Sep 29, 2011
I moved from dyer co, my property tax there was 300 where here its 430.00 X2. my registration for my vehicles were on average 100 or less and nothing else needed, here my tags that i just bought for a different car last week were 170.00 + a 25.00 dyer sticker. my water bill on average in my old house was 30 to 40 dollars and a 15 dollar garbage pickup charge,,here it's a 100 or better + garbage. i just don't see a need for a city government in a place this small. don't you think so?
left hook

Somerset, KY

#4 Sep 29, 2011
whoops!
Dyer Resident

Murray, KY

#5 Sep 29, 2011
left hook wrote:
AMEN
Dyer Resident

Murray, KY

#6 Sep 29, 2011
left hook wrote:
I moved from dyer co, my property tax there was 300 where here its 430.00 X2. my registration for my vehicles were on average 100 or less and nothing else needed, here my tags that i just bought for a different car last week were 170.00 + a 25.00 dyer sticker. my water bill on average in my old house was 30 to 40 dollars and a 15 dollar garbage pickup charge,,here it's a 100 or better + garbage. i just don't see a need for a city government in a place this small. don't you think so?
i fully and completely agree with ya dude or dudette which ever
YESSSSS

Laconia, TN

#7 Sep 30, 2011
great point! i agree
Citizen of Dyer

New Orleans, LA

#8 Sep 30, 2011
left hook wrote:
I certainly do agree. It is ridiculous here in Dyer, and the one's who live here are stuck, we have so much tied in property and stuff that it would put whoever wants out in the hole financially.
left hook

Somerset, KY

#9 Oct 1, 2011
Does anyone know where we can obtain information on public employees and their function and salaries? something isn't adding up.
Yes

Benton, KY

#10 Oct 1, 2011
left hook wrote:
Does anyone know where we can obtain information on public employees and their function and salaries? something isn't adding up.
Yes Dyer City Hall has all that info and it is public info. They have to give it to you. Pay, hours, everything.
Dyer Resident

Murray, KY

#11 Oct 2, 2011
left hook wrote:
Go for it. Im rootin for ya.
Dyer Resident

Murray, KY

#12 Oct 2, 2011
If they start harassin ya for being courious we can pool and get a lawyer.
left hook

Somerset, KY

#13 Oct 2, 2011
realest

Cordova, TN

#14 Oct 2, 2011
awe yall got to pay 4 the new 5 0 cars they are really sharp
Mayor

Benton, KY

#15 Oct 18, 2011
left hook wrote:
I just learned of this site. Tags are the county commission.
City stickers are to help pay for the roads in dyer.
Water bill is set by the stste to stay out of the red.
Your city property tax is not 430 x2 because the cities is 2/3rd of the counties. and garbage is only $11.50. anything else I can help you with let me know.
Dyer Citizen

Benton, KY

#16 Oct 22, 2011
Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I just learned of this site. Tags are the county commission.
City stickers are to help pay for the roads in dyer.
Water bill is set by the stste to stay out of the red.
Your city property tax is not 430 x2 because the cities is 2/3rd of the counties. and garbage is only $11.50. anything else I can help you with let me know.
Mr. Mayor you are a smart a$$ you where a smart a$$ at city hall get away from those cops come outside the doors of city hall and I will show you a real smart a$$
swk

Cambridge, MA

#17 Oct 23, 2011
the city of dyer is a dump, so are most other towns in gibson county.
need to know

United States

#18 Oct 25, 2011
Just read what the mayor said and he is wrong. The state does not set the water rates. They say the water and sewer dept. have to make a profit of $1 for the year. With the rates the board set last year they made a profit of $160,000 for the year, and are still over-charging the citizens of Dyer. Get on the internet and read (Tennessee Code Annotated 7-34-115)
oleblue

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#19 Oct 25, 2011
Had you rather have a profit of $1 or $160,000? Did you want the state to come in and set the rate at what they had done in other places? Over-charging? Just because the city wants to have some $$ in its coffers?o you really believe that Mayor Thompson posted what is above?
need to know

United States

#20 Oct 25, 2011
What I would like to have is the city to follow the law and not over charge the citizens of Dyer so they can fund the Expo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl at Hardees 2 hr choppernuts 8
Linda Peevyhouse 2 hr choppernuts 15
Janet 2 hr choppernuts 12
For rent 2 hr ChopperBlades 2
Courage and Truth 3 hr chopperblaze 2
Billy Burkeen 3 hr chopperblaze 3
Lights 3 hr psychologist 2

Dyer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance