Munster woman charged with DUI in fat...

Munster woman charged with DUI in fatality

There are 22 comments on the Post Tribune story from Oct 28, 2009, titled Munster woman charged with DUI in fatality. In it, Post Tribune reports that:

A Munster woman has been charged with causing a death while driving drunk and other drunken driving counts in a fiery crash that killed her passenger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chicago

Schererville, IN

#1 Oct 28, 2009
I'am glad that they have finally gave this lady the charges after already being in trouble about drinking and driving, She should never ever see outside again, she has killed a innocent passenger who was just visiting his family, and cause all this brief for that family. There has to be a longer sentencing for these drunking driver cases. There is way toooo many happening now. Justice should be serve that right way, and stop giving these animals the freedom, cuz it will happen to her again, a drunk will always be a drunk, they dont changed. I'am sure we will hear about this lady again, so i just wished they think about the case very caefully and all cases.. This is so sad to see innocent people go like this.
RIPTimmyILoveU09

Crown Point, IN

#2 Oct 28, 2009
That was MY cousin she killed, and she only gets 8 yrs?!?!? Maximum????? It's bad enough she was drunk driving, and now she is alive and my cousin is dead!!!! Justice is served but is it really fair?!?!?!?!? PEOPLE NEED TO REALLY QUIT WITH THE DRINKING AND DRIVING...9 TIMES OUT OF 10 YOU WALK OUT OF THE ACCIDENT ALIVE AND THE INNOCENT PERSON IS DEAD...IN THIS CASE MY COUSIN!!!!!!!!! AND, I WORK IN AN ER AND SEE THIS EVERYDAY....THIS CRAP NEEDS TO STOP!!!! If you're gonan drink STAY WHERE YOU'RE AT!!!!!! DON'T PUT EVERYONE'S LIVES IN DANGER BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE AN IDIOT. RIP TIMMY...DON'T WORRY CUZ I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS AND MAKE SURE TO DO WHATEVER I CAN TO SEE THAT DRINKING AND DRIVING COMES TO AN END...YOU HAD SO MUCH LIFE AHEAD OF YOU..WE ALL MISS YOU SO MUCH AND WE LOVE YOU..RIP OUR DEAREST TIMOTHY GNATT XOXOXO
Karmagotyou

Western Springs, IL

#3 Oct 28, 2009
Let's just hope she receives the maximum sentence, and Tim's family and loved ones find some closure knowing she'll be locked up for a long time. Keep praying for his family, and as for her, peace-out Tonia. Maybe they'll treat you as bad in jail as you have treated people your whole life. Some people just never learn. There are bad seeds in the world and they get weeded out one way or another. Too bad we had to lose a good one to get the bad one put away. At least Tim can rest in peace, she'll never have peace. Never. She'll be reminded everyday she sits in jail that she took his life, and when she gets out, she'll have others to remind her of what she did. She should get a life sentence, that's for sure, but we get what we get, and we just have to make sure that she never forgets.
Jack

United States

#4 Oct 29, 2009
the worst part of it is she faked amnesia after killing someone. Loser !
Jack

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 31, 2009
and she has a 12 year old kid, what a great mother to be out drinking and driving instead of home with her kid. She really is setting a great example of how her son should grow up and act. she should be locked up forever
Hope

Valparaiso, IN

#6 Nov 5, 2009
Help us out here Tim!! Dont let her get away with this. We don't need her endangering anyone elses life. She knew she had a suspended license from being caught speeding so many times.I hope you're family does not hold back.
Missing You Cousin Timmy

Fort Myers, FL

#7 Nov 9, 2009
You know. Tim was and still is apart of my family for years and years. HE took me to get my ears pierced. He taught me that not everything will be handed to you on a silver platter, and you must strive for things to be better for them to actually get there. He always made me smile when things seemed to be the worst. and from day 1, he has ALWAYS been there for me. AND NOW, that this girl HAD to be stupid, HAD to drink and drive, hes gone. HOW could you even take that chance? HOW COULD YOU BE SO HEARTLESS, to put HIS LIFE AT RISK, let alone your own when you have a child. But you know what, 8 years you think thats all that will happen? HAVE you ever heard of the word KARMA, what goes around comes around, and I HOPE you think about this until the day YOU DIE. You took him away from us, you took one of the greatest people in the world, and you get to live. I hope you think about that for the rest of your god awful life. THAT should have been YOU not him. YOU decided to get behind the wheel that day, YOU decided to put his life at risk, YOUR 36 years old and WERE still stupid enough to do that. WHAT IF THAT PERSON IN THE PASSENGER SEAT WAS YOUR SON? huh? YOU took someones son away from them. YOU destroyed what could have been a great life for him, and YOU BROKE the hearts of many great people. EVERYONE of the GNATT family. I hope you rot in that jail cell, you will call home for the next 8 years.

WE all miss you tim and love. WERE lost without you.
love you cuz-o
COUSIN OF MINE

Melrose Park, IL

#8 Nov 23, 2009
I need to say nothing else. The one above me said it ALL. IT MAKES ME SICK TO EVEN THINK ABOUT HOW SELFISH YOU COULD BE TO TAKE SOMEONES LIFE AND JUST THINK THAT IT WAS GONNA BE OK.... NOT GONNA HAPPEN. TIMMIE WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL TO EVERYONE THAT KNEW HIM AND HE WAS MORE THEN A COUSIN TO ME. HE KEPT MY FAMILY GOING AND YOU TOOK THAT AWAY... WHAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST IS THAT YOU COULDVE LET HIM OUT BEFORE YOU WANTED TO ACT LIKE YOU GOT NO DAMN BRAIN. HE WASN'T SUPPOSE TO GO...... DID YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU WERE DOING?????????? I HOPE THIS STAYS ON YOUR CONSIOUS FOREVER .......... AND NOW WHILE YOU GOT THE LUXARY TO EVEN BREATHE YOU TOOK AWAY SOMETHING THAT WE CAN NEVER GET BACK. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW??????????
I LOVE YOU TIMMIE AND YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!
Friend of Tims

United States

#9 Nov 27, 2009
I knew Tim very well and he was an amazing guy! He had a smile that would light a whole room and the best laugh ever.
Yes he is and always be missed. And everyone is very hurt that he has been taken away from us.
BUT lets look at the real story.. everyone wants and is blaming the girl but Tim was also drinking and is a grown man that knew what he was doing when he got into the car with her. When a person gets into a car with someone who has been drinking just as much is also to blame. Everyone is saying how is an innocent man that was visiting his family.. but the story is that he was seeing that girl that he was with in the accident. I'm sure she is going through ALOT.. she caused an accident that resulted in the death of someone she was "dating" and has a young son at home. As a mother NO I would not be in a bar drinking and then driving home. But she made a mistake and I'm sure everyone that has made a comment is not perfect! And I'm sure sometime in your life u drank and maybe shouldn't have drove.. this could have happened to you just as easy.
I miss Tim VERY much and feel bad for his family and everyone that knew him! But I also don't think it's right to just blame the person driving!
TRUTH

Valparaiso, IN

#10 Dec 1, 2009
yeah people but tims not the wackjob that did a burn out on the block and slammed into the tree killing someone....SHE IS!!!!! shes no angel and her recklessness and carelessness caught up with her. i bet she doesnt even care about how she KILLED SOMEONE, shes living it up at her dads being waited on hand and foot (literally!! LOL) stop sticking up for her people, shes a DEVIL, an EVIL human being, who whether she goes to jail or not, IS going to HELL.GOD punishes MURDERERS.does anyone know anythign about court dates so people can go there and rally against her
E Ein

Englewood, CO

#11 Dec 16, 2009
How do you know Tonia? I'm curious because you stay "how she's teated people her whole life" You must know here well.
Karmagotyou wrote:
Let's just hope she receives the maximum sentence, and Tim's family and loved ones find some closure knowing she'll be locked up for a long time. Keep praying for his family, and as for her, peace-out Tonia. Maybe they'll treat you as bad in jail as you have treated people your whole life. Some people just never learn. There are bad seeds in the world and they get weeded out one way or another. Too bad we had to lose a good one to get the bad one put away. At least Tim can rest in peace, she'll never have peace. Never. She'll be reminded everyday she sits in jail that she took his life, and when she gets out, she'll have others to remind her of what she did. She should get a life sentence, that's for sure, but we get what we get, and we just have to make sure that she never forgets.
curious

Munster, IN

#12 Jan 20, 2010
E Ein wrote:
How do you know Tonia? I'm curious because you stay "how she's teated people her whole life" You must know here well.
<quoted text>
If you are going to quote learn how to spell. Teated is only a word if you are trying to talk about her breasts(teats) Did you mean say or stay? did they know her or here? Heres a clue theres a b at the end of dumb.
Get the facts straight

Roselle, IL

#13 Jan 29, 2010
WHO IS EVERYONE?????????? Tonia

Everyone is saying how is an innocent man that was visiting his family...... but the story is that he was seeing that girl that he was with in the accident.

People could say what they want but he was DEFINITELY "NOT" seeing HER.
Jenny AKA Tims Girlfriend

Grand Blanc, MI

#14 Jan 29, 2010
YOU ALL need to get the facts straight...I talked to her and Nothing was going on between them. And even if there was, he's gone, move on with your lives. Sounds like you all have some catching up to do with your friend Tonia. And if anyone has facts to state...state your name before anything. Id like to have words with you considering you all know so much more than his own girlfriend...Just let me know, I'll send you my number :)
Chicago IL

Chicago, IL

#15 Oct 7, 2010
anybody who would post something on here about this being just as much tim's fault as it is tonya's is F*CKN stupid, obviously her friend, and trying to make her look good. She disgusts me. And no, its not just as much Tims fault as it is Tonya's. She HAS A PREVIOUS DUI and is a F*CKN psycho. Ask her baby daddy and anyone who knows her. She's almost 40 and is a mother. But its cool to get wasted, do burn-outs on the block u live on with ur son, and then murder someone on ur block?! She's ugly, obvi stuck in the 80s (nice hair and car), and has no life. Please stop saying Tim was dating her. He was home for 3 fckn days and hung out with her. It would've never lasted. She sucks (everyone's) balls. Maybe Tim got in the car with her cuz she was drunk and irrational and he was trying to stop her from doing something stupid. We'll never know now. Cuz shes a liar. I wish she was dead, and so does everyone else I know. RIP timmy, shouldnt have been you
Lynwood IL

Chicago, IL

#16 Nov 19, 2010
When does she go to jail????? I keep reading she got 8 years, but she is still "recovering" in Indiana...Did the sentenced get reduced to probation, or is she still going through the legal process???? Anyone know what the status of this is? I hope she doesn't walk away with a slap on the wrist!!
UPDATED FACT

Glen Ellyn, IL

#17 Mar 16, 2011
Word on the street is that Tonia is bangin/suckin balls with Tims brother Mike Gnatt....way to keep it in the family SLUT....
This Bitch Is Ballsy

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 17, 2011
SO FIRST SHE KILLS ONE BROTHER AND THEN SHE SLEEPS WITH THE OTHER BROTHER? I THOUGHT MIKE WAS MARRIED? CAN YOU SAY HOME WRECKER. WOW SHE NOT ONLY SUCKS BALLS THAT BITCH HAS BALLS. MAY JUSTICE BE SERVED~~~
Tonia Hater

United States

#19 Dec 17, 2012
She received house arrest. Ankle bracelet off Dec. 5, 2012. Back to the Bar she goes. She is now Legal Guardian of her niece but F*cked that up tp and is trying to ruin her life as well. You have to love our justice system. Her whole family is a bunch of drunks and her brother a total loser on drugs and booze and a woman beater. The nieces Maternal side has her now and she is doing very well. Tonia is just a low life C**T who cares nothing of anyone. I hope her and her family rot away in a nice dark hole somewhere.
Tonia Hater

United States

#20 Dec 17, 2012
I posted it twice just to get my point across of how much hatred there is for this woman and I use that term very loosely and her family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Munster Music Forum (Dec '12) Jan 31 Musikologist 13
News Judge approves $7.2 settlement in jail lawsuit (Jan '13) Jan '18 Panfybear 25
The Brotherhood Mc (Feb '15) Dec '17 DON 14
The poorly run city of Gary, Indiana (Mar '06) Oct '17 White family in gary 142
Highland Politics (Oct '07) Sep '17 truthhurts 6
News Erratic Driving Complaint Leads to Several Charges Sep '17 truthhurts 1
Ambulance contract Sep '17 cfarley11 1

Dyer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dyer Mortgages