any body doing this tomorrow

any body doing this tomorrow

Posted in the Duson Forum

broke

United States

#1 Nov 17, 2013
Janet Wilson created National Keep Your Child Out of School Day almost two weeks ago when she posted a Facebook event page urging parents to keep their children out of school on Nov. 18 to protest the implementation of the Common Core. As of Sunday, more than 3,600 people clicked on the page saying that they were going to take part in the protest.
taxing

Ville Platte, LA

#2 Nov 17, 2013
broke wrote:
Janet Wilson created National Keep Your Child Out of School Day almost two weeks ago when she posted a Facebook event page urging parents to keep their children out of school on Nov. 18 to protest the implementation of the Common Core. As of Sunday, more than 3,600 people clicked on the page saying that they were going to take part in the protest.
I'll go to work so I can pay taxes for the food stamp lovers.
Curious

Mandeville, LA

#3 Nov 18, 2013
What exactly do you not like about Common Core?
What is broken?

There was a rumor that no teachers were involved in creating it. That was proved to be false.

Is it that parents are afraid of change?

Would like specifics.

I just think that it is silly to keep kids out of school. Why punish the parents and the neighborhood? lol
broke

United States

#4 Nov 18, 2013
Curious wrote:
What is broken?

There was a rumor that no teachers were involved in creating it. That was proved to be false.

Would like specifics.

I just think that it is silly to keep kids out of school. Why punish the parents and the neighborhood? lol
I never said I didn't like common core. You put that. I just was posting a article that teachers and students were protesting buy having a "skip day"
My opinion was not used. Maybe you don't understand??
Libssuck

Breaux Bridge, LA

#5 Nov 18, 2013
broke wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I didn't like common core. You put that. I just was posting a article that teachers and students were protesting buy having a "skip day"
My opinion was not used. Maybe you don't understand??
I kept mine home!
Here's a link for a speech that a very intelligent young man gave against common core that says it best:
http://www.kprcradio.com/pages/waltonandjohns...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6 Nov 18, 2013
Oh,Lib, this lovely young man is waaayyy over the heads of many of the libs who will listen to this. He'd have to take this so far down the "education ladder" just to enable them to understand how terrible this "system" really is. It all boils down to numbers and the dollar, dollar, dollar bill! Obama merely bribed school districts and we/they bought into it. Of course he wants to create "robots", that way he gets complete control over them! But we didn't actually get to vote on this either, now did we? It's just like O'care. He passed it and now that the kids are finding out what's in it, sadly, they won't be equipped to "read" it. But they'll be "equipped to get a job", not...talk about putting the horse before the cart.
Libssuck

Breaux Bridge, LA

#7 Nov 18, 2013
2kingsdaughter wrote:
Oh,Lib, this lovely young man is waaayyy over the heads of many of the libs who will listen to this. He'd have to take this so far down the "education ladder" just to enable them to understand how terrible this "system" really is. It all boils down to numbers and the dollar, dollar, dollar bill! Obama merely bribed school districts and we/they bought into it. Of course he wants to create "robots", that way he gets complete control over them! But we didn't actually get to vote on this either, now did we? It's just like O'care. He passed it and now that the kids are finding out what's in it, sadly, they won't be equipped to "read" it. But they'll be "equipped to get a job", not...talk about putting the horse before the cart.
I agree...it's all about the "bribe" money. If common core doesn't get struck down we won't have any more bright and intelligent kids like this one. I was amazed when I listened to it. He really "gets" it...unlike some. Libs want to dumb down the smart kids so the not so smart ones don't lose self esteem! SMH
I read an article about a woman who was infuriated when, her child brought home a report card with a D and a C. The teacher praised him and he was on the honor roll list. Smart woman that she was, called the school out on it!
broke

United States

#8 Nov 19, 2013
Curious wrote:
What is broken?

Would like specifics.

@ curious
It was not a rumor. The walk out was done nation wide. If you watch television it was covered on local and national news. That is why I posted the question. And if you research it just a little you will find out it was supported by teachers. I realize this is just a forum with no reason other than one's opinion, but get your facts before you point your finger and give information you obviously don't know the subject. But again you replied with a question to the subject and accused me of not liking common core.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesse Carvell (Dec '09) Sat MissHimDaily 87
Tyler Brinkman (Apr '09) Sat YaCousinYo 44
Who is the hottest guy in Church Point? (Feb '09) May 18 SeenToTell 327
Trash May 16 Flash_62 1
Sexless marriage (Nov '11) May 15 jj 60
who will be the next police Chief May 14 Money 8
At. CHILD MOLESTATION charge May 7 Heknows 1

Duson Jobs

Personal Finance

Duson Mortgages