Gay conversion therapy ban for minors...

Gay conversion therapy ban for minors considered in New York

There are 2 comments on the CBC News story from Jun 11, 2014, titled Gay conversion therapy ban for minors considered in New York. In it, CBC News reports that:

Matthew Shurka, 26, says his 'anxiety was at its worst' when he was in conversion therapy, which started at the age of 16 and lasted five years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#1 Jun 12, 2014
What's really needed is conversion therapy to overcome religion. Then there would be a federal ban on such flagrant child abuse.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2 Jun 12, 2014
GoldenGator wrote:
What's really needed is conversion therapy to overcome religion. Then there would be a federal ban on such flagrant child abuse.
Religion isn't the problem. It's people trying to use religion to oppress others that is the problem.

But I understand your sentiments.

As for banning "conversion therapy" I think it's been shown to be harmful and therefore banning it's use for children is sensible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Durhamville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are there 2 "Jenn Motts" in this area? 3 hr CPD 5
Tenney 3 hr Matthew 5
Downtown Oneida 9 hr Pillow pants 19
Mahoney 10 hr Tammyhasthelastlaugh 60
beach needs street performers 13 hr Phil Trombino 3
Oneida = Sanctuary City? 16 hr Disrespectful 8
Dive Bars 21 hr Phil Trombino 4

Durhamville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance