Assault Case Against Durham Officers ...

Assault Case Against Durham Officers Dismissed

There are 19 comments on the WTVD Durham story from Oct 30, 2006, titled Assault Case Against Durham Officers Dismissed. In it, WTVD Durham reports that:

Also on abc11tv.com: Send us news tips Desktop Alert ABC11 AccuWeather Pinpoint Traffic Gary Lee and Scott Tanner faced a Wake County judge Monday to answer to simple assault charges that cost them their jobs ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVD Durham.

Very Concerned

United States

#1 Oct 31, 2006
YEAH!!!!!!!
Rhonda Fleming

United States

#2 Nov 6, 2006
I have tried for almost 2 years to get the DA to investigate my brothers death, made Internal Affairs requests, contacted the DOJ, City Manager, and every other official in the state, and NONE have helped!
The Sheriff, deputies, officers, and the entire political system is a scham!!!
I cannot believe these people are allowed free reign to do what they want, when they want, ignore, and deny claims of crimes, and even allows the corruption to continue....
This is happening all over the USA, and I am elated when I hear of a city who is not only WILLING, but WANT to see these crimes brought to light, and PROSECUTED!!!
Durham just sweeps their dirt under the rug, and thinks they are above the laws they swore to uphold, and use their power to commit more crimes!!!
Why are they not being held accountable, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law?!
The entire system is a quagmire of deception, and corruption abounds!!
I am not afraid to be a witness to their lies and corruption, and pray the higher officials will do something, and for the love Of God, make these jerks pay for their deeds, just as we would be if we didn't have a badge to hide behind!!!!
Bull City Beauty

Durham, NC

#3 Nov 15, 2006
Who is this person and why is she spamming all of the boards?:(
Very Concerned

United States

#4 Nov 16, 2006
Bull City Beauty wrote:
Who is this person and why is she spamming all of the boards?:(
Looking for help to solve her brothers case. My heart goes out to her, not knowing the cause of death is almost as bad as dealing with the death.
Rhonda Fleming

United States

#5 Dec 11, 2006
I am an outraged sister diligently trying to find justice for the murder of my only brother!! The LE in Durham are more corrupt than the Mafia, and I have promised God and my brother to seek the truth, and let the world know just how pathetic it is to have Law Enforcement such as these badged thugs commit such crimes, and not be held accountable!!!

I am NOT somebody who will say nothing, but am willing to shout from the rooftops, and pray for change!!!

Now, may I ask, who are you, and what are you doing to make a difference in the world?!
Rhonda

Canton, OH

#6 Jan 17, 2007
Bless you for caring VeryConcerned!!
Please remember my, and every family shattered from losing a loved one to murder!!!

God Bless!
Rhonda Fleming

Cleveland, OH

#7 May 6, 2007
Please help my family, and so many others!

My longest blog of my own on Court TV Message Boards have been taken down, IMO, because I "named names," and posted a link to a document from the now Senator McKissick to Archie Smith, Clerk Of Superior Court in Durham, concerning my murdered brothers estate, and as of today, they still have done NOTHING!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e...cture42...

Mr McKissick was not even aware my brother was dead (?!) and he wants a 10,000 retainer to take this back into civil court?! AND, even Archie Smith gave my mother and I names of lawyers, as he "would love to have this case before his court!"

My brother was murdered for hire, and LE were involved! THIS is why Sheriff Hill, and the Medical Examiner refuse to give us the documents and reports we asked for, and have proof from the one report the Sheriff's Department did send, that clearly shows my brothers body to be staged, and they altered the colors (?!)

PLEASE help not only my family, but far too many who have suffered the same fate from barbarism and ruthless, corrupt government officials!

Respectfully,
Rhonda Fleming
Cleveland, Ohio
Rhonda Fleming

United States

#8 May 18, 2007
[i]Originally posted by Justice4Jack [/i]
[B]I had my daughter help me make this MySpace blog about Jack's life, and case information and documentation.....

Please help!
Rhonda
[url]http://home.myspace.com/i ndex.cfm?fuseaction=user&M yToken=db90d8a0-3666-480b-a720 -0e86a6880229[/url]

:rose:[/B]
http://www.myspace.com/justice4jack

Please click on the pics for the various documents!

:rose
Rhonda Fleming

Cleveland, OH

#9 May 26, 2007
DISGUSTING!

US NC: 2 Of Fired Deputies Won't Be Charged

URL: http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v07/n613/a02.h...
Newshawk: chip
Votes: 0
Pubdate: Thu, 17 May 2007
Source: Herald-Sun, The (Durham, NC)
Copyright: 2007 The Herald-Sun
Details: http://www.mapinc.org/media/1428
Author: Brianne Dopart
Bookmark: http://www.mapinc.org/coke.htm (Cocaine)
Bookmark: http://www.mapinc.org/corrupt.htm (Corruption - United States)

2 OF FIRED DEPUTIES WON'T BE CHARGED

DURHAM -- Two former Durham County sheriff's deputies fired in the aftermath of a drug-related sting at a Durham nightclub last October are not being held criminally responsible, but a third former deputy --- the then-owner of the club -- has pleaded guilty to drug charges and will be sentenced Aug. 10. Former deputy Michael Paul Owens pleaded guilty last month to maintaining the La Zona nightclub at 2825 North Roxboro Road as an establishment for the sale of drugs and conspiracy to traffic cocaine, Assistant U.S. Attorney Sandra Hairston said Wednesday. Hairston said Owens could be sentenced to up to 20 years in federal prison.

Owens and six other men were arrested in an Oct. 13 raid at La Zona. Five ounces of cocaine were confiscated during the raid.

Owens is the only person to date to have been charged in connection with the alleged trafficking conspiracy. Hairston declined to say whether charges against more people will be filed.

The two former deputies who lost their jobs -- William "Keith" Dodson and Brad King -- had moonlighted as security guards at La Zona. They were fired after the raid for violating the Sheriff's Office secondary employment policy, Sheriff's Office Captain Paul Martin said Wednesday. Martin said the October raid cut short an undercover probe of alleged criminal activity at the club. That investigation was believed to be much more wide-ranging than the eventual drug case built against Owens and any possible unnamed co-conspirators.

Law enforcement reportedly made its move after evidence surfaced that Owens and perhaps some others were planning an armed robbery. Search warrants linked to the La Zona raid alleged that vehicles and people seen frequenting the club were known to be involved in a wide array of criminal activities, including "drug trafficking, armed robberies, murder ( for hire ), prostitution and human trafficking."

On Oct. 12, 2006, investigators orchestrated what law enforcement referred to as a controlled buy at the nightclub.

Investigators gave a confidential informant cash to buy several ounces of cocaine to be used as evidence that the establishment was the site of drug trafficking, Martin said.

During the exchange, investigators got more than they bargained for when the informant was allegedly asked to return the following night with a gun. The informant, Martin said, was asked to participate in a planned home invasion and robbery. Owens, Martin added, could be heard offering the informant a weapon to use.

Because investigators had learned of possible violence, they cut their probe short and decided to charge Owens solely on the basis of the drug evidence because, Martin said, they did not have enough information to advance the other charges.

Martin said he felt justice has been served in Owens' case. "We took it as far as we could," he said.

He added that the La Zona incident and a current Sheriff's Office investigation into a former employee's alleged embezzlement of county funds should be considered "aberrations."

"We've had two unfortunate incidents in the dozen or so years under Sheriff [Worth] Hill," Martin said. "Whenever you have an organization made up of human beings you're going to have mistakes. We're handling those mistakes and we're doing the best we can."

Carol Clayton

AOL

#10 Sep 11, 2007
I am sorry for your loss. You can not make something true because you say it is so. Law Enforcement can not charge someone with a crime when one was not committed. The whole story is not in any of your comments anywhere. Get help with your grief and be well.
Rhonda Fleming

Cleveland, OH

#11 Sep 18, 2007
Carol, you know nothing of the details, nor the evidence, and to say a crime was not committed is pathetic, and cruel! YES, there have been MANY crimes from my brother's death, from murder to fraud and conspiracy. Grief will not bring justice or life back to my best friend, but having Government do the investigation that was never done will bring the TRUTH to light, and respect and dignity restored to a person who made such a difference to countless lives, and our future as a family forever void of our most beloved member!

I just came across your comment, and must ask why would you post something like that on such a horrible day? I think you should seek help for whatever your personal problems are, not mine.
Tiredobs

AOL

#12 Sep 18, 2007
I am tired of hearing about how bad Durham is. I am sorry you have had a death like this but quit blaming Durham and the Sheriff's Office. If there needed to be further investigation I am sure it would have been. You can not make this true by typing it all over the internet. The Sheriff is a good man and should be respected. He loves this city and does what he can to clean it up. He is not a miracle worker. Sue who you think killed your brother and see what happens. I am not trying to be mean but you are putting things out there that are not true.
Carol Clayton

AOL

#13 Sep 18, 2007
Go ahead and insult someone for not believing everything you post. You are just a sweety. I am sorry my typing upset you because I dared to do it on 9/11. I am angry about that day also but I could not stay out of work or stop everything I was doing because of it. If you pick on something like that I can only imagine what all these officials have had to put up with. I am truly sorry for your loss but slandering others does not help your case at all. You need to go at it another way because you are not accomplishing anything like this.
Rhonda

United States

#14 Sep 21, 2007
Sheriff Hill is a blubbering old sock puppet. The deputies run the office, he just appears when brought out to defend his cast of knaves. Durham is a cesspool of corruption. The legal system is a farce. Unless you have lived it, you don't have a clue. As for the officials putting up with me, that is laughable. YES I have stayed on their butts to get them to even send us a report, WHICH took over a YEAR. I do not need a stranger to tell me they are a group of good old boys, are you their wives? Or perhaps friends of June?
Carol Clayton

AOL

#15 Sep 21, 2007
No I am not a wife or a friend of June. Whoever that is. I am assuming your sister-in-law. I am not going to continue to post because you are so hard and bitter. There is no need to be so hateful to everyone. Get some help with your grief and get on with living. Good luck.
LOVEDURHAM

AOL

#16 Oct 2, 2007
Rhonda wrote:
Sheriff Hill is a blubbering old sock puppet. The deputies run the office, he just appears when brought out to defend his cast of knaves. Durham is a cesspool of corruption. The legal system is a farce. Unless you have lived it, you don't have a clue. As for the officials putting up with me, that is laughable. YES I have stayed on their butts to get them to even send us a report, WHICH took over a YEAR. I do not need a stranger to tell me they are a group of good old boys, are you their wives? Or perhaps friends of June?
You don't know anything but gossip about Durham. I have been to places where I could not wait to get home to Durham. There are officials everywhere that are corrupt. Sheriff Hill is not one of them. If there was a crime committed someone would know it by now. With the incident being over 2 years old it seems you could have taken some sort of legal action by now if you could. Lawyers jump at cases like this. What is your lawyer doing?
PAT

Chapel Hill, NC

#17 Mar 10, 2008
IAM REALLY UPSET ABOUT HOW THE DURHAM SHEFFET DEPT .IS HANDLING THE MURDER OF MY BOYFRIEND DEATH HE WAS SHOT 17 TIMES IN DURHAM CO THEY HAVE ONE OF THE GUYS IDONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY CAN NOT GET THE SHOOTER OF HIS KILLER THIS GUY KNOWS WHO DID IT AND SO DO THE DEPT WHY THEY HAVE NOT PICK THIS GUY UP YET. PLEASE HELP ME
bob

Cincinnati, OH

#18 May 10, 2011
Rhonda Fleming wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.myspace.com/justice4jack
Please click on the pics for the various documents!
:rose
is your husband sgt lynn fleming he cheater
Wakeup

Richmond, KY

#19 May 10, 2011
this is what you get when authority investigates itself, "TYRANNY COMES IN THE FORM OF A SUIT WITH A BADGE"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Durham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Chatham County NC Genealogy Resource Wed stephensmith 1
Attorney Lee Levinson Wed Glenwood South 1
News Being transgender isn't a mental illness. What'... Wed Ronald 3
News Clock ticking, but tweaks in play for N. Caroli... Wed NOM s Waffle House 3
booting big trucks Jun 28 philipm76 1
The Man. The Myth. The Legend? Jun 24 Jimy Olsen 2
Remember When Jesse Helms Embarrassed Jim Hunt Jun 24 North Carolina 1

Durham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Durham Mortgages