Flight attendant loses cool on plane

Flight attendant loses cool on plane

There are 22 comments on the KXAN-TV Austin story from Jun 29, 2012, titled Flight attendant loses cool on plane. In it, KXAN-TV Austin reports that:

A flight attendant on a weather-delayed plane at LaGuardia Airport yelled at passengers and challenged them to leave the plane if they dared.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXAN-TV Austin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1 Jun 29, 2012
wonder if he has a green card???

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2 Jun 29, 2012
I feel for him. I've lost my cool today, literally. It's straight up 106% here.

Since: Jul 08

Orange, TX

#3 Jun 29, 2012
off the trail wrote:
I feel for him. I've lost my cool today, literally. It's straight up 106% here.
It's awful, isn't it?

I'm keeping my dogs inside for the rest of the summer.

Sorry, off topic.

“Southern Pride”

Since: Feb 11

American right to fly it

#4 Jun 29, 2012
I understand, people have a way of getting on your nerves and blame the person who's stuck in front of them.
Everyone should have to work at a public related job for one week, it would give that a clue what azzwipes the general public can be.

Orange, TX

#5 Jun 29, 2012
I feel for the attendant. I've had to sit on a 747 for five hours. It ain't fun.

Orange, TX

#6 Jun 29, 2012
Actually, I sat IN the plane, not ON it.
Tracy D

Roscoe, IL

#7 Jun 29, 2012
What is it, do they have a overload of work hours?
Stress? Or gone postal.>
Mitts Gold Plated Taliban

Souderton, PA

#8 Jun 29, 2012
Selfsame wrote:
<quoted text>
It's awful, isn't it?
I'm keeping my dogs inside for the rest of the summer.
Sorry, off topic.
The flight attendant barked at the rabid passengers.

Back on topic.

No charge.

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#9 Jun 29, 2012
don't judge her untill you've flown in her shoes.

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#10 Jun 29, 2012
I watched some video clips of the incident tonight. If you ask me, the passengers were being whiny babies. No one should have to take abuse from a mob regardless of situation. The flight attendant had no control over the delays. Where was security on the plane? Why did the attendant have to deal with all those mouthy passengers alone?

He'll be the scape goat. The airline has already thrown him under the bus.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jun 29, 2012
just another good reason never to fly along with the million other reasons

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#12 Jun 29, 2012
Think about it..tight aisles, rickety beverage cart and one hundred sets of eyes glaring down at ya as you approach them..like wolves on the hunt..YEAH..I THINK YOU ARE BOUND TO LOSE IT..SOONER OR LATER!
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#13 Jun 29, 2012
Flew a bit a couple of weeks ago. Many of the attendants gave off a "don't fk with me" vibe.
Not impolite, but ready to bitch-slap the ignorant drunk who got outa line.

(Gotta say, if I had to attend to with the whiney, complaining, entitlement fkrs I saw on my flights, I'd be in the La State prison in Angola!)
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Jun 30, 2012
Buying a ticket doesn't make you owner of the airline. Passengers should sit down, buckle their seatbelt and STFU.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16 Jun 30, 2012
liam cul8r wrote:
don't judge her untill you've flown in her shoes.
1) The flight attendant is a man named Jose Serrano.

2) I used to work at Unemployment Insurance on the counter. You want to meet some nasty people that take out their frustrations on people that had nothing to do with them losing their jobs. "You people are working because I'm not".

3) The people that deal with the public are the "face" of the company. I used to work Customer Service for 8 years before I changed departments. I had to deal with people that are shut off for non-payment. We bill ahead. Like McDonalds makes you pay for your hamburger before you eat it. Like you pay for your airline ticket before you fly.

The public feels the louder they yell, the better their chances of getting what they want. Often something for free.
ObumerCare

Lakewood, OH

#17 Jun 30, 2012
just saying wrote:
Buying a ticket doesn't make you owner of the airline. Passengers should sit down, buckle their seatbelt and STFU.
Buying a ticket doesn't mean you should have to be HELD HOSTAGE for HOURS on end just because the airline doesn't want to bother planning ahead when these delays occur.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#18 Jun 30, 2012
Isnt this the second story of a male flight attendant losing their cool? Men arent cut out to be caregivers, they should stick with their god given abilities to club animals like wooly mammoths for supper, drag their women by the hair to bed,,,ya know,,, man stuff,,,

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#19 Jun 30, 2012
Gail Snail wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The flight attendant is a man named Jose Serrano.
2) I used to work at Unemployment Insurance on the counter. You want to meet some nasty people that take out their frustrations on people that had nothing to do with them losing their jobs. "You people are working because I'm not".
3) The people that deal with the public are the "face" of the company. I used to work Customer Service for 8 years before I changed departments. I had to deal with people that are shut off for non-payment. We bill ahead. Like McDonalds makes you pay for your hamburger before you eat it. Like you pay for your airline ticket before you fly.
The public feels the louder they yell, the better their chances of getting what they want. Often something for free.
oops, I have dial up and was unable to read the article. but even worse then that, I assummed the flight attendant was female! but I guess looking stupid on topix was karma working her magic!
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#21 Jun 30, 2012
just saying wrote:
In fairness, most do, but in a tight space, one or two can sure fk it up for everybody.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#22 Jun 30, 2012
ObumerCare wrote:
<quoted text>
Buying a ticket doesn't mean you should have to be HELD HOSTAGE for HOURS on end just because the airline doesn't want to bother planning ahead when these delays occur.
So, your answer is what exactly?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Durham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buh Bye all you IBM Employees (Feb '11) Jul 31 Resource Action 75
Do you need urgent and legitimate loan (May '13) Jul 29 pissedoff 21
Robert Daniel Letts (AKA) Robbie Jul 25 Melissa davis 1
Jealous of latina women?? (Aug '09) Jul 22 beachbum 95
Moving to Raleigh (Mar '06) Jul 17 Amiga Thug 476
News Are depressed kids bully magnets? (Feb '12) Jun '15 HumanSpirit 25
Moving to Durham Jun '15 amy_deng52 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Durham Mortgages