Fishermen say they found alligator in...

Fishermen say they found alligator in Butte Creek

There are 82 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jul 15, 2009, titled Fishermen say they found alligator in Butte Creek. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Jared McCall and Shawn Anderson show the 41-inch alligator they say they caught Sunday afternoon in Butte Creek while fishing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Trojansnlube

United States

#1 Jul 15, 2009
Were these kids out to poach fish that day?
Richard

Chico, CA

#2 Jul 15, 2009
Trojansnlube wrote:
uh where did that even come from?
Peggy

Fresno, CA

#3 Jul 15, 2009
Trojansnlube wrote:
Nno they were not.It is legal to fish that part of the creek.
Bluesman

United States

#4 Jul 15, 2009
Trojansnlube wrote:
What a dumba_ss thing to say!
Ubetcha

Rancho Cordova, CA

#5 Jul 15, 2009
Thank heavens the guys didn't kill it.
dig it

Chico, CA

#6 Jul 15, 2009
Ubetcha wrote:
Thank heavens the guys didn't kill it.
Yea, let's pay hundreds of dollars or more) for food and protective supervision while DFG decides what to do, then euthanize it.. tastes like chicken..
Tenacious D

Oroville, CA

#7 Jul 15, 2009
Who takes duct tape on a fishing trip? Sure it didn't belong to them?
anita

Fresno, CA

#8 Jul 15, 2009
Tenacious D wrote:
The story is wrong.. Jared was called and brought the duct tape and some gloves so they could catch it.
Alex Perry spotted it and Shawn caught it.

Hell no it wasn't theirs!
dang

United States

#9 Jul 15, 2009
Just glad they caught it, my kids were just out playing in the creek.
Richard

Chico, CA

#10 Jul 15, 2009
Tenacious D wrote:
I have a ro1l of black tape in the glove compartment of my quad...
Peggy

Fresno, CA

#13 Jul 15, 2009
Hater wrote:
rednecks
Nope...
well

United States

#14 Jul 15, 2009
sounds like a hoax to get in the newspaper to me.
Shawn Anderson

Fresno, CA

#15 Jul 15, 2009
well wrote:
no sorry not a hoax i caught it and pretty much had no idea that id eveyr see it there and yea it got out of somebodys house but it didnt belong there a family was swimming 100 yards down stream, yea it was only 3 1/2 feet long but it still would have done some damage to someone if happened to step on it. so we did what we had to do and caught it before it could get any bigger without and predators the alligator would have upset the ecosystem and with 3 more warm months of non stop feeding it would have just grown and grown. so say what u want but its legit... and yea call me redneck sorry im from duram and not affraid to do things outside
whoucallinaredne ck

Paradise, CA

#16 Jul 15, 2009
Get er done
Jordan

Maple Grove, MN

#17 Jul 15, 2009
well wrote:
You weren't there and you didn't see what happened, so keep your mouth shut. Your opinion on this article is not needed. And to whoever called them rednecks -- how do alligators have anything to do with being a redneck?? Comments like these just need to be kept to yourself!
Thank you

Artois, CA

#18 Jul 15, 2009
Shawn Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
no sorry not a hoax i caught it and pretty much had no idea that id eveyr see it there and yea it got out of somebodys house but it didnt belong there a family was swimming 100 yards down stream, yea it was only 3 1/2 feet long but it still would have done some damage to someone if happened to step on it. so we did what we had to do and caught it before it could get any bigger without and predators the alligator would have upset the ecosystem and with 3 more warm months of non stop feeding it would have just grown and grown. so say what u want but its legit... and yea call me redneck sorry im from duram and not affraid to do things outside
Thank you, truly, for stepping up. You sound like a very nice person and I am sorry that there are idiots around that have to dump on people just because their own lives are so worthless. Keep up the good work!
Thank you

Artois, CA

#19 Jul 15, 2009
well wrote:
Thanks for your totally uninformed opinion, taking up space. Save the earth!
Alan

Bellingham, WA

#20 Jul 15, 2009
Good job!
Shawn Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>

“Strength lies in differences, ”

Since: Nov 08

Chico, California

#21 Jul 15, 2009
Good job boys!!! You should try to see if they'll take it to Krishner instead of killing it.
Disbelief

New Zealand

#22 Jul 15, 2009
Sweet find mate!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Durham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Incompetent TRUMP MURDERS a Navy Seal Hero! 6 hr a-citizen 2
Cleanup America 6 hr a-citizen 11
Corrupt TRUMP to hold LAVISH Governors Dinner @... 8 hr Trump is the swamp 17
President OBAMA'S Face to be Carved into Mt Rus... 9 hr MurdererTRUMP 4
President Trump On Track To Be Best U.S. Presid... Sun Franklin 4
I LOVE Watching these ALT Right CONSERVPERVS DE... Sun ANONYMOUS 3
The Gate Of Every Mentally ill Liberal Sun ANONYMOUS 1

Durham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance