Milton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

While most care little about internet rights all should that use the net care about this case, Robert P. Martin and Norm Alderman.

I am Canadian that through the content I provided or was used by a Blogger Norman Alderman has resulted in a Civil Action against the individual. Pocahontas County Resident Norman Alderman: Crusader Or Stalker. Norm is and elderly man that blogs about public officials and corruption in the State of West Virginia.

Why should the media care or follow this Story? Protecting our rights including yours of the media.

The action filed is based on WV State law see 3-8-11. This law does not relate to the case at hand it has been used as the basis to have the case filed against Alderman. If Alderman looses he will be forced to shut down his Blog.

We have the David and Goliath part of the story. A questionable assistant prosecuting attorney formerly of the old boys club big law firm in WV goes after a Blogger.

If this case is allowed to proceed without media attention, if Mr. Alderman would loose this case, what will the future for Bloggers in WV hold? Or in other states.

In Affidavits filed as part of this legal process, one Charles Bailey a senior partner in the law firm of Bailey and Wyant and one Robert P. Martin are claiming this blogger Norman Alderman has slandered and defamed the parties by posting content about my relationship with Bailey and Wyant and one Robert P. Martin.

Content I have posted on line has been carefully screened for slander and defamation. What I have posted on line about my relationship with Bailey and Wyant and one Robert P. Martin is factual and correct. Bailey and Wyant has attempted to have my content removed by means of DMCA Takedown Notice. One article out of hundreds has been removed.

I am not seeking publicity for myself. I feel that Norman Alderman is the victim of Bailey and Wyant and one Robert P. Martin.

By this action they are attempting to hide the truth about the conduct of Bailey and Wyant and one Robert P. Martin. Conduct which has been exposed by Norman Alderman through his Blog.

See case information.

http://pocahontascommentatorplus.blogspot.ca/...

3-8-11. Specific acts forbidden; penalties.
(a) Any person who shall, directly or indirectly, by himself, or by any other person on his behalf, make use of, or threaten to make use of, any force, violence or restraint, or inflict, or threaten to inflict, any damage, harm or loss, upon or against any person, or by any other means attempt to intimidate or exert any undue influence, in order to induce such person to vote or refrain from voting, or on account of such person having voted or refrained from voting, at any election, or who shall, by abduction, duress or any fraudulent device or contrivance, impede or prevent the free exercise of the suffrage by any elector, or shall thereby compel, induce or prevail upon any elector either to vote or refrain from voting for or against any particular candidate or measure; or
(b) Any person who, being an employer, or acting for or on behalf of any employer, shall give any notice or information to his employees, containing any threat, either express or implied, intended or calculated to influence the political view or actions of the workmen or employees; or
(c) Any person who shall, knowingly, make or publish, or cause to be made or published, any false statement in regard to any candidate, which statement is intended or tends to affect any voting at any election whatever; or
(d) Any person who shall pay any owner, publisher, editor or employee or any newspaper or other periodical, to advocate or oppose editorially, any candidate for nomination or election, or any political party, or any measure to be submitted to the vote of the people; or any owner, publisher, editor or employee, who shall solicit or accept such payment:
mmx

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

in the past norman has posted under multiple aliases so please forgive my skepticism on the day before the hearing.
ru4real

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

When did slander and libel become antiquated concepts? You want to invite media attention to this case? Go ahead. I think the media should follow it so people who want to wrongfully defame others by use of the internet can be aware of what awaits them. And as I understand it this case isn't all about you. Alderman just used you as a part of his efforts to influence elections with what is alleged as less than truthful information. You aren't trying to influence the outcome of this litigation are you?
hmm

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

ru4real wrote:
When did slander and libel become antiquated concepts? You want to invite media attention to this case? Go ahead. I think the media should follow it so people who want to wrongfully defame others by use of the internet can be aware of what awaits them. And as I understand it this case isn't all about you. Alderman just used you as a part of his efforts to influence elections with what is alleged as less than truthful information. You aren't trying to influence the outcome of this litigation are you?
blogger jim shows up and a reference about belize on norm's fb page?
mmx

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

ru4real wrote:
this was just another one of norman's cut and paste jobs,go to his fb page and click the wordpress link the text he used is there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Durbin Discussions

Search the Durbin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr bacon hater 44,087
WV 2 dead in explosion at W.Va. chemical plant (Dec '10) 6 hr Jimmy Love 3,905
Vintage Room 9 hr Loves_movies_rc 3
Norman's brainstorm for Snowshoe 10 hr Ball Hooter 4
Have you heard Norman's Bottled Water Idea? Ha... Apr 20 Deer Park 1
Norman molested my sister Apr 20 A Johnson for anon 9
Philippi Council considers new fee Apr 20 zyx 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Durbin Jobs

•••