Mallow wins animal shelter bid

Mallow wins animal shelter bid

There are 3 comments on the The Pocahontas Times ~ Marlinton West Virginia story from Jun 30, 2011, titled Mallow wins animal shelter bid. In it, The Pocahontas Times ~ Marlinton West Virginia reports that:

County commissioners spent about an hour Tuesday weighing their options for the county animal shelter contract for 2011-12. In the end, former humane officer Sandy Mallow, who left the job in 2009, walked away with the contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Pocahontas Times ~ Marlinton West Virginia.

Bobbie

Green Bank, WV

#1 Jul 2, 2011
Way to go, Sandy. A question comes to mind. Did the hour long deliberation over Sandy Mallow getting the contract for the County Animal Shelter open new hearts to be receptive to Mallow's needs?

Sandy Mallow IS the right person for this contract. It would not hurt this community to stand behind Mallow in every discernible way. After all, isn't the community the main reason such a contract is sought to give, and reason to receive?

Community support, or lack thereof, creates this need of humanitarian efforts of Sandy Mallow. Let's not shrug our shoulders and forget the true source of these issues.

Spell it out? Be a responsible community and change your ways to use all available resources to lessen the heart break of an unmanagable overpopulation of domestic animals.

The careless attitude of our people IS the problem. Never forget that Sandy abolutely NEEDS this responsible support.
sideshowbob

Winter Springs, FL

#2 Jul 2, 2011
I dont have any issues with sandy as a person but as animal control i have a couple.one time I requested traps because of a skunk issue I was having,I waited months and never got a response and I did not want to hurt them and didnt and just had to put up with the issue for lack of action..Also me and my dog who was leashed both instances were attacked and bitten by one of the big wigs dogs who work at the observatory I called to complain She said because my dog was a Stafford shire bull terrier it would go against me in court and i could loose my dog.Now this guys dogs were loose he was with them and they attacked my dog and me ,I got bit both times trying to fend of his dogs before I allowed my dog to defend herself and me.And sandy said it would go against me if I pushed it simply because of the breed of my dog and thats just wrong her and the sheriffs dept did nothing and I can only think it was influenced because of the dogs owner not the facts.one of the big wigs from the observatory even went as far as to come by my house and try to tell me not to walk down a public highway after the incident ,I dont think he liked my answer or reaction to that request.This kind of sucking up to people who think they are better than others is a real problem in poco county in many areas.
I do agree with you that people need to be more responsible and not just look at pets as dispodable and have pets fixed.We have the big minds but often fail to use them.We donate to the dogie thrift store and directly to the shelter in the name of my cocodog who was a faitfull dog and family member for 17 years a true gentle gaint.

“deal with it”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3 Jul 3, 2011
Again I want to make it plain I have no private Issue with Sandy as a person she is likable and from all accounts has in general done a fair job with what she has to work with.my opinion is that all are afraid to go up against the mighty observatory where heads swell up as they move up higher in the company and the more didn't the workers are from to start with from WV.lets fact it it took a lot of balls to tell me not to walk my dog down a public road as I had been doing for years just because one of thier egg heads lived on it and was unable to control his dogs and out of the tens of thousands of dollars he got paid a year couldn't afford a leash or figure out what a leash was for.Ive post this when ever the issue comes up about legal issues with dogs or the observatory because i want people to know and because I never got a answer from then when i called or email on the subject.I refused to be bullied by them and they didnt like it at all.they even came by my home on 2 ocassions 1 when I was not there and 1 when i was and i caught them looking in my window thier excuse was your tv cable is interfering with our scopes ,kinda odd all of a sudden after i had a issue with them that they would say my tv cable was interfering with thier scope especially when i didnt have cable and he was standing right by my satellite dish.I made it plain he was on private property and not to ever come back for any reason.then when walking my dog in the grave yard which by the way was private property and no one was allowed in at night ,but I had permission from a board member because i chased out trespassers at night with the boards permission Low and behold a observatory truck showed up at 3 am driving around following me in the grave yard when i tried to stop it to ask them what they wanted they fled hit the gas and boggied yet another vain attempt in my opinion to discouraged me .that was the only time I ever saw them in the grave yard ever over a period of many years but it was common knowledge that i walked the grave yard at late hours at night .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Durbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wish Everyone In Elkins A Terrible Thanksgiving 1 hr nice bond fire 3
Jessica White 2 hr Brittany 2
Mike White. 2 hr Friend 3
Michael White 2 hr Friend 2
Michael Shane White 2 hr Friend 8
worthless politicians 10 hr voting is a waste 3
All Louks are trashy POS 11 hr i love it 3

Durbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance