Review: Medical Center-Southeastern O...
RN Mom 2 B

Durant, OK

#22 Aug 25, 2010
I have worked with dr Whittington he has an easygoing personality and likes to joke around with his patients. I find it hard to believe he did not come to the hospital at night to check on a patient ( I work at night see him all the time he's a night owl, I swear he doesn't sleep) i am very happy with the care he gives to me as a patient and to the patients I am taking care of. He can't make everyone happy but he sure tries. I don't think you can find a better OB!
amara

Durant, OK

#23 Aug 25, 2010
Linda wrote:
He was always in a rush. His answer to any problem was always, "Yup you're pregnant. Deal with it." He came in the exam room listen to the fetal hearbeat. I had to remind every time there was 2. He was in such a hurry he didn't even look at my files. I seen him once during the 24 hours of my labor. The nurses basically delivered my kids. Baby A's head was out & I was told not to push we had to wait on Dr. Whittington. He came in with a coffee in his hand. He had time to stop for coffee, meanwhile I have a baby hanging out of me & another to deliver. He also called me a pansy & said his grandmother could push better than me. I WILL NOT USE HIM AGAIN NOR WILL I SUGGEST HIM TO ANYONE!
I work there your full of crap quit bashing the doctors at MCSO..........
Dunno about him

Calera, OK

#24 Oct 7, 2010
With my first child I couldn't have asked for a more caring doctor. He came EVERY time I had a problem and had great bedside manner. He even helped us out by not charging for the first few visits but with the second child it was a totally different story. He was rude and rushed through visits and when I went into the women's center in severe abdominal pain he was there, but didn't even bother to come into my room! I was released with a "sorry we can't do much because it isn't pregancy related" from the nurse. And...yes he does blow problems off by saying "yup, you're pregnant" He did it to me several times during my second pregnancy.
Former Patient

Colorado Springs, CO

#25 Oct 7, 2010
I hope that you guys do realize that things happen that are out of the doctor's control. When I had my child there were two sets of twins born that same morning. One set was delivered by Dr. W. Those had to be flown out to a better hospital. Not because of him, but because they were pre-mature. Before you say that he is a bad doctor because he has multiple babies at Baylor, you need to know what was wrong with them. There are so many meth addicts around Durant it's surprising that so many of the babies live. A doctor can't repair the damage a mother does to her child by abusing drugs and alcohol. I do know that as of 2005, Dr. W's c-section rate was 1/3 of the average across the state. Take the other two doctors at the time, Cuesta and the other lady whose name escapes me. Cuesta has about a 60% C-section rate..why? So he can do whatever he wants. Vacation, fish, golf, whatever it is. Our bodies don't need to be cut open because a doctor doesn't want to be bothered with it. Dr. W. refused to induce me for family convenience because it increases chance of C-section by 50%. He wants his patients to have natural vaginal births so there aren't complications later and there is less recovery time. This shows that he cares. If any of you are saying that he sucks just because he wouldn't induce or do a C-section on you, then you need to get your priorities in line.
I will tell you that at one time he had 4 newborn babies in the Baylor NICU, out of 80 babies he had 4 of them! I'm not talking about MCSO, but about Baylor! There were babies from all over the place and many different states, and he had 4 there at one time. That just doesn't happen! Now, that is fact, no lying!
Jacqueline

Hugo, OK

#26 Jan 1, 2011
Dr.Whittington is the best OBGYN Dr Durant has! He has delivered all four of my children! If there was a problem in the middle of the night he was always there at the hospital! Even if it was just because of the baby resting on the wrong nerve making pregnancy hurt! He was never rude and always gave me great care! He is a very easy going person and caring! He takes the time to care about you when he see's that you are upset! Not many dr notice these things about there patients! He does have alot of patients but makes sure you feel like you are the only one he has! He came to the hospital after my youngest son was born because the nurses thought I was a little depressed! He spent almost an hour just making sure I was ok! He has always been a wonderful dr! I have seen him for 7 years now multiple times! He is the best OBGYN that Durant has!

Since: Dec 10

Chesterfield, MO

#27 Jan 9, 2011
most of yal r ful of crap if he was such a great dr then y did he said i could take a meds i was taken wen i was preg wit my 1st baby then at 7months he told me 2stop taken it it wil hurt da baby n then wen i had my son he let his head hang then my son di

Since: Dec 10

Chesterfield, MO

#28 Jan 9, 2011
n b4 my son died he would hold his head bk til da day he died i stil believe da crapy dr had something 2do wit it n i have 2more kids n they alive n i didnt use dat piece of crap n would never tel ppl 2use him
Just Wondering

Oklahoma City, OK

#29 Jan 16, 2011
well i have damn good insurance and the state dnt pay for crap and if i have a concern or problem he is there...and i dnt see how he is "money hungry" cuz i dnt pay a dime and my insurance company will sue his ass if they think he is nt doin his job...i have preterm labor history and he already has me booked with Medical City if i need to go...and he is an ultra sound tech and an anestesiologist...or however thts spelled...so i dnt have to worry about if mine gets there in time. this is my second pregnacy and this is the first time i have used him and like him WAY better than Cuesta
Just Wondering

Oklahoma City, OK

#30 Jan 16, 2011
And they change the formula in meds all the time and it mite have been okay till they changed something or maybe u cnt take em at a certain time of a pregnancy i would have done some investigating in it esp if it came down to my child's life...drs are human and can only do so much and knw so much till something changes...and ur insurance company should have done something about it unless u go off the states...i have blue cross blue shield and he wouldnt be allowed to get by with things like tht...bt i question everything he says if i dnt agree and then i do research... sorry for your loss btw
nikole

Chesterfield, MO

#31 Jan 16, 2011
n da first place he shouldnt let me take them n wrote them 2me n then bout 2weeks later Tel Me Stop Taken Then N He Shouldve Hold My Sons Head Rite
All smiles

Durant, OK

#32 Jan 20, 2011
Dr. Whittington takes great care of me with my lady problems. He has the best personality of any doctor I have ever seen, he will sit and talk with you not at you like some. I had some problems I was struggling with for some time and got no were with my prior doc. It's been three months now and no more problems. I think community is lucky to have a doctor like Dr. Wittington
Not Happy

Broken Bow, OK

#33 Sep 8, 2011
Mom in the Know wrote:
That is YOUR opinion. However, it is not mine and I am not lying about anything. My husband and I had a horrible experience with him. Our child's safety was at stake and I would never, never lie about a person. Please respect my opinion, as I know that everyone has different life experiences, but please do not call "LIAR" when others disagree!
I totally agree with you! I loved him at first but then it went downhill. He never had time for me or my baby. I always brought up my concerns and he totally blew me off. I switched dr.'s because I felt my baby's safety was a risk.
Good experience

Durant, OK

#34 Sep 13, 2011
I would not trust another doctor. He is very busy but when I was having problems he was there for me. I know alot of his patients and it's not just me he takes great care of them and I feel comfortable talking to him. He is great
Report Him

United States

#35 Sep 27, 2011
Twin Girls wrote:
I think Dr. Whittington is a self serving arrogant money hungry doctor, that doesn't take quality time for his patients. He is to worried about running them in and out to collect as much money as possible from the well-fare patients and from insurances, instead of providing good quality care. I personally feel like he doesn't truly value the lives of his patients or their unborn babies. If he did he would learn from his many mistakes and become a better doctor. I hope that he changes for the benefit of expecting mothers and their unborn babies. From experience, I would not recommend this doctor to anyone!
Report him to the state medical licensing board.
Just a Mommy

United States

#36 Oct 4, 2011
I used Dr. Whittington with my first pregnancy (a miscarriage) and with my son. In my opinion, the only people who don't like him are the ones who want to be babied. He's down to earth, but down to business as well. He was very kind and supportive when I miscarried my first baby and was awesome during my pregnancy with my son. He doesn't listen to typical whining, but takes care of actual health issues. In my opinion, he's a great doctor, and I don't get where someone got off sawing that he shouldn't be practicing.
becca

United States

#37 Oct 6, 2011
Twin Girls wrote:
I think Dr. Whittington is a self serving arrogant money hungry doctor, that doesn't take quality time for his patients. He is to worried about running them in and out to collect as much money as possible from the well-fare patients and from insurances, instead of providing good quality care. I personally feel like he doesn't truly value the lives of his patients or their unborn babies. If he did he would learn from his many mistakes and become a better doctor. I hope that he changes for the benefit of expecting mothers and their unborn babies. From experience, I would not recommend this doctor to anyone!
your so wrong i never seen a time that he does not spend at least 10 15 min in the room with you.
jhelms

Durant, OK

#38 Nov 14, 2011
He is a high risk dr and takes care of patients that many ob dr will no handle with high risk paitents that will happen. I am very high rish and that is why I see him.
Twin Girls wrote:
Sounds like Tball mom needs to chill alittle! Calling people liars, seriously! This is a review post, where people give their reviews and experiences. You had a good experience with this doctor, I had a terrible one with the same doctor, so does that make one of us a liar. You state that he is a good doctor and that he has given this and that to different schools. I will tell you that at one time he had 4 newborn babies in the Baylor NICU, out of 80 babies he had 4 of them! I'm not talking about MCSO, but about Baylor! There were babies from all over the place and many different states, and he had 4 there at one time. That just doesn't happen! Now, that is fact, no lying!
Worried patient

Hugo, OK

#39 Nov 18, 2011
Tanya wrote:
Dr. Whittington is such a great OB-GYN. I would recommend him to all my friends!
I was just released today from having a robot assisted hysterectomy performed by Dr. Whittington. He was very sensitive and caring. He told me ahead of time that if he found something that looked bad he would take care of it while he was in there. He was true to his word, finding my ovaries riddled with cysts and attached to my bowels, he had to take my ovaries etc. I am so glad he was so thorough! I recommend him highly. He was there for me even in recovery. There is also someone who I must mention. LeAnn, a nurse there at MCSO was absolutely astounding! She is a wonderful asset to the hospital! Keep up the great work!

Since: Jan 12

Durant, OK

#40 Jan 3, 2012
Dr. Whittington was my doctor while pregnant with my son. He made some of the most embarrassing moments bearable because he would just talk to me or joke with me and try to make me more comfortable. There were times when I got frustrated because all he did was listen for the heartbeat then send me on my way, but if there was a problem he addressed it seriously and immediately. When I went in for my 38 week appointment, he found that the fluid was low around my son. He also determined that I was not dilated at all and that inducing might distress the baby because of his size. Dr. Whittington suggested a C-Section a.s.a.p. for the good of my child, put me in the hospital immediately, and helped me through the whole ordeal. I would go to him again and recommend him to my friends or any others.
mommy love

Bokchito, OK

#41 Feb 12, 2015
How many weeks do you gotta be to find out th gender there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Durant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Becky Mcintire (Jun '16) Jun 10 Eddie 69 15
News Obama greeted by protesters waving Confederate ... (Jul '15) Jun 4 Zionista Pork 6
pipeline jobs? (Mar '13) Jun 1 Doyle ray 20
choctaw casino royalties (Aug '09) May 31 Freshly 9
Does anyone ever win at Choctaw Casino anymore? (Jun '09) May '17 Crg 27
Looking for Income? We’re Looking for Partners May '17 Looking 1
News Fortnightly Club holds meeting May '17 Freshly 1

Durant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Durant Mortgages