Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Minute, you made the statistics, again..

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
Throw Oklahoma City is as number ten and you are talking almost 2/3 of Oklahoma population right there.
Did you read that the new 10 commandments monument has two typos in it? Who would have thunk it? Know whut I mean Vern? God almighty is rolling in laughter at the moment. Only Okies. Cut that education.
Donnie

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read that the new 10 commandments monument has two typos in it? Who would have thunk it? Know whut I mean Vern? God almighty is rolling in laughter at the moment. Only Okies. Cut that education.
The company who designed and commissioned the granite monument was from California.

LOl

Actually I don't know who was responsible for the mistake but it was ridiculous I'll give you that...
Donnie

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

WMCOL wrote:
I mean you couldn't make this stuff up about Oklahoma if you tried Tamara. Tulsa, Oklahoma is unhealthiest city for women.
http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/unhealthiest-ci...
It just gets worse all the time. Keep sending same people to elective office.
WOW what in depth reporting that was....NOT!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

You would think that anyone, even a hick would go to the computer and put the 10 commandments you're about to chisel into granite thru the ole spell checker? And now the politician who commissioned this albatross says "it's easily fixable". Don't tell me? Pieces of granite letters super glued? Only in Oklahoma. Christ you people can't even use a spell checker?

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

Now this will have to be amended to protect people of their political affiliation? What the hell has happened in the USA? It USED to be that people had the right to vote for whoever they wanted.. not anymore! Another to discriminate has reared it's ugly head. Pfffff.. Idiots and bad business practices.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

WMCOL wrote:
I mean you couldn't make this stuff up about Oklahoma if you tried Tamara. Tulsa, Oklahoma is unhealthiest city for women.
I have never argued that Oklahoma wasn't an unhealth state. In fact I have made comments about the percent of over weight people I see when I am out and about. What is really amazing when I am at the gr-kids sports activities how many over weight parents and their friends are over weight. Not to be mean in this statement but it seems to be worse with those parents and friends that those kids are going to a lower income school district. It also amazes me when the news shows people needing food and who is standing in line for it. It seems to be a high percent of over weight people. If they donot have food then how does this happen? So ypu are picking an arguement with the wrong person on this subject!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
I am not sure what "Keep sending same people to elective office" has to do with peoples eating habits. Are you going to go up and lay the law down to these over weight people about their eating habits? I damn sure not because they would lay my 5'3" 110 lbs butt on the ground in a New York minute. I have tried to teach my kids what health eating and life style will do for them. And in turn my kids including my daughter-in-laws are doing the same with my grandkids. If a person can impress upon another person the same thing then I feel that is about all one person can do about this over weight problem.

So why do you need a website to tell you the there is a high percent of over weight people here or anywhere else when all you have to do is open your eyes and look around! Oh yes you have to get out of the house and away from computer to do this. We know how Dusty describes himself but I don't remember you posting what you look like!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

OkieAbroad wrote:
The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."
Now this will have to be amended to protect people of their political affiliation? What the hell has happened in the USA? It USED to be that people had the right to vote for whoever they wanted.. not anymore! Another to discriminate has reared it's ugly head. Pfffff.. Idiots and bad business practices.
I know I often tread on your political philosophy but the left is just as much to fault as the right on this. When 40 years ago being gay was considered much the same as being a pedophile, we have "evolved" to the point that it's not enough that gays can enter into the same civil union as straights, they must now be allowed to use the word marriage. The left and right are the same people. They don't want government in their lives with what they want to do and the do want government in the lives of others doing what the left and right don't want them doing. Same exact people.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I have never argued that Oklahoma wasn't an unhealth state. In fact I have made comments about the percent of over weight people I see when I am out and about. What is really amazing when I am at the gr-kids sports activities how many over weight parents and their friends are over weight. Not to be mean in this statement but it seems to be worse with those parents and friends that those kids are going to a lower income school district. It also amazes me when the news shows people needing food and who is standing in line for it. It seems to be a high percent of over weight people. If they donot have food then how does this happen? So ypu are picking an arguement with the wrong person on this subject!
==========
Point is Tamara that it is not just that Oklahoma is an unhealthy state, it is uniquely so. You like to say other states are the same way. Well that is just not so. Oklahoma is a leader in underachievement and much of it has to do with who we vote for to send to or keep in OKC. Keep electiing the same people and we will keep getting the same results. Nothing much can be done until we recognize Oklahoma for the hell-hole it is, and only then can we take actions to improve it. We can't fix what we see as not broken. Oklahoma is BROKEN. We live in a badly broken state governed and perpetuated by the good-old-boys and girls we keep electing; Fallin, Bridenstine, Kern, Nollan, McCall, Bingman, and many others who don't have the publics and the states best interest in mind.

It is the same with our national elected representatives for House and Senate; Lucas, Mullin,Inhofe, who represent special interests which are not in best interest of the state or all of its inhabitants. Blinded by foolish beliefs the people of Oklahoma keep inflicting cuts on themselves and slowly dying. Not all, there are some 30% who try to make a difference but they are outnumbered by hicks who would rather perish with their silly beliefs than move forward with enlightenment and survive in a healthy and prosperous environment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

So the real enemy in Oklahoma that turns out to be the robber of health and life is not Meth and other illegal drugs and other crime, but fast-food and sedentariness.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
So the real enemy in Oklahoma that turns out to be the robber of health and life is not Meth and other illegal drugs and other crime, but fast-food and sedentariness.
So what do you think should be done with the fast food industry and getting people to quit sitting around? I know this program about how much can be served at school is not working out! What difference does a school lunch make when after school the kids go home and pig out and sit watching TV or play video games? I would the biggest factor in over weight is the lack of people getting out and actually doing physical things each day! This goes for all age groups. Not only here in Oklahoma but our whole country is a place of lazy people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>So what do you think should be done with the fast food industry and getting people to quit sitting around? I know this program about how much can be served at school is not working out! What difference does a school lunch make when after school the kids go home and pig out and sit watching TV or play video games? I would the biggest factor in over weight is the lack of people getting out and actually doing physical things each day! This goes for all age groups. Not only here in Oklahoma but our whole country is a place of lazy people.
==========
>>>Not only here in Oklahoma but our whole country is a place of lazy people. <<<

There you go again. Oklahoma gets top honors for being one of worse for unhealthy lifestyle. The severity of the problem in Oklahoma does not extend to the "whole country".

One reason for Oklahoma being the pits in so many categories is the lack of dedication to quality education in the state, and part of that problem is tied into religion influencing academics.

Religion in Oklahoma has a dumbing-down effect on secular education. Religion beliefs are some of most difficult to overcome because they are not based on logic, reason and good sense, but they could be and should be. But that means bucking the status quo. I've done it for years and have gotten some small results but for most part the work is as if not begun.

Changing hearts and minds is slow work when so many will look at the truth and then deny it or accept it, but keep going their same way. Change is uncomfortable but when grasped, glorius realities appear.

The biggest purveyor of deceit and untruth in the state is the church, and those so deceived elect to public office those who look like and act like them or pretend to be, so the elected official can continue the exploitation of the ignorant to the advantage of themselves and the rich. The cycle goes on.

Change comes one person at a time but I don't see Oklahoma improving much.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
>>>Not only here in Oklahoma but our whole country is a place of lazy people. <<<
There you go again. Oklahoma gets top honors for being one of worse for unhealthy lifestyle. The severity of the problem in Oklahoma does not extend to the "whole country".
One reason for Oklahoma being the pits in so many categories is the lack of dedication to quality education in the state, and part of that problem is tied into religion influencing academics.
Religion in Oklahoma has a dumbing-down effect on secular education. Religion beliefs are some of most difficult to overcome because they are not based on logic, reason and good sense, but they could be and should be. But that means bucking the status quo. I've done it for years and have gotten some small results but for most part the work is as if not begun.
Changing hearts and minds is slow work when so many will look at the truth and then deny it or accept it, but keep going their same way. Change is uncomfortable but when grasped, glorius realities appear.
The biggest purveyor of deceit and untruth in the state is the church, and those so deceived elect to public office those who look like and act like them or pretend to be, so the elected official can continue the exploitation of the ignorant to the advantage of themselves and the rich. The cycle goes on.
Change comes one person at a time but I don't see Oklahoma improving much.
So what does Religious groups have to do with the fat and lazy people and the people that eat alot of fast food junk. I donot care with people believe in God and religion or not. People are lazy because the themselves choose to be. They choose to use fast food services because they are to lazy to cook and clean up after. They are to lazy to get out and do any thing physical. But I donot see what any of this has to do with religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>So what does Religious groups have to do with the fat and lazy people and the people that eat alot of fast food junk. I donot care with people believe in God and religion or not. People are lazy because the themselves choose to be. They choose to use fast food services because they are to lazy to cook and clean up after. They are to lazy to get out and do any thing physical. But I donot see what any of this has to do with religion.
==========
"One reason for Oklahoma being the pits in so many categories is the lack of dedication to quality education in the state, and part of that problem is tied into religion influencing academics."

Tamara, education is the key to a better and healthier life. All education does not come from a bricks and mortar structure with dedicated course of study, but that does not lessen the importance of a structured comprehensive educational process, unfettered by religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

During the early days of education in the world the wheel was square and any thoughts of a toilet inside the house was thought to be unhealthy, unclean, and therefore ungodly. Oklahoma is slightly beyond that stage of knowledge and learning, but not much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
"One reason for Oklahoma being the pits in so many categories is the lack of dedication to quality education in the state, and part of that problem is tied into religion influencing academics."
Tamara, education is the key to a better and healthier life. All education does not come from a bricks and mortar structure with dedicated course of study, but that does not lessen the importance of a structured comprehensive educational process, unfettered by religion.
I'm not sure that WMCOL is saying what I'm about to type but let me put in Dustyeness for you. We don't need any god damn religious studies in school. Can the gay tolerance courses. Stop pretending that a school is a place to send your kids to be raised instead of you raising them yourselves. You want to teach religion to your kid outside of school go for it. You want to hold pro gay rallies on main street on Saturday? Get a permit and go for it. But Schools need to be institutions of teaching our children how to work and make money. To help them decide on a course of life in which they are competent and can support themselves as adults. Anything else is bullshit. Bible Belt states make high school football players minor gods. You pay a football coach 91,000.00 a year to coach frigging high school football while paying a masters credentialed teach of 10 years of highly productive experience less than half that. Idiots.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
As much as I was envolved with my 3 son's school and any battles I had with school like the special education program that by state law was suppose to be available to all and any student reguardless of what grade they were in, religion never seem to be in the for front. This school offered a new reading program in grade school that was worthless. The reading stats proved this when even the bright students were falling below grade level. That program was a waste of time and money. Of course after all my kids got out of grade school they did away with it. You can believe this or not but I did take alot of interest in what was going on in my son's which they went from K thru 12th there. But I will say there was a very low percent of parents that got envolved in what was going on. Alot of parents seems to think it is all up to the school and it's teachers. But it is not. It is up to the school, teachers and the parents. Untill people understand this no our school systems will not move forward much!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>S I know this program about how much can be served at school is not working out!
What do you mean it's "not working out". Not working out because fat kids and their fat parents don't like them not getting all the CRAP they want so they're complaining? If the schools are forcing nutrition at a limited amount of calories I don't care who is complaining. I know it will be a vast majority of FAT HOGS doing the complaining. And that sounds like to me it's working out just fine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>As much as I was envolved with my 3 son's school and any battles I had with school like the special education program that by state law was suppose to be available to all and any student reguardless of what grade they were in, religion never seem to be in the for front. This school offered a new reading program in grade school that was worthless. The reading stats proved this when even the bright students were falling below grade level. That program was a waste of time and money. Of course after all my kids got out of grade school they did away with it. You can believe this or not but I did take alot of interest in what was going on in my son's which they went from K thru 12th there. But I will say there was a very low percent of parents that got envolved in what was going on. Alot of parents seems to think it is all up to the school and it's teachers. But it is not. It is up to the school, teachers and the parents. Untill people understand this no our school systems will not move forward much!
==========
Tamara, I worked with my children and their schools from K through 12. That is exactly why I know religion influences academics. I discovered there were better text books for many subjects and better ways of teaching some subjects but was not allowed because of religion opposition to certain books and methods.

There are church watch-dog groups that dog publishers and state education in regard to the text books used in Oklahoma schools. I spotted it because I was aware of what certain subjects should entail and the books and methods were not dealing with it because of the influence of the church on education.

Having been to college I knew the students were being denied things they should get in K through 12 that would help them be ready for college, or trade school, or just life in general. I simply provided the missing links for my kids but it should be done in school so every child is exposed to a proper and complete education.

The rich kids get it because of educated parents and resources available to them and they are prepared for college and prepared to succeed in life and maintain the status quo just as is the design.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 33,461 - 33,480 of69,546
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Durant Discussions

Search the Durant Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Thu Erin 2,581
Atoka Co. Man To Get $200K Settlement Over Trea... Jun 28 buckwheat 2
Four Arrested in Atoka Drug Bust Jun 28 buckwheat 1
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Jun 16 Jenks 11,281
Still lookn Jun '14 Shake my head 1
Probation office Jun '14 First time In trouble 1
drug use and abuse Jun '14 Thomas Marcum 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Durant Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••