3,289 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

john

Coffeyville, KS

#11138 Dec 7, 2012
You have many illegal friends...Your opinion is in the very minority for obvious reasons.English is the official language of America has been since 1776 what language was the constitution written in?So why would we want any other language on ballots?Also if you have a division in language you can not understand the majority and they can not understand you.I will never hire a worker that cant understand what I say to them.You are the racist one.I have never went to another country and tried to get them to start speaking my language or write in English so I can understand...
john

Coffeyville, KS

#11139 Dec 7, 2012
Dave Harris wrote:
As an ignorant outsider, I just have to ask. Does western Oklahoma have a problem with people who don' speaka da' English? Do you have to pass laws to keep them from taking over your town? Seems you have endured far worse and I'd love to visit some time, but this sort of creeps me out.
Ya as it does most schmucks..Schmucks have a hard time understanding that we should not be writing the voting ballots in Spanish,Chinese,Russian or any other language. ONLY English as the Constitution,the bill of rights,and everything else that involves America. A divide in language is a divide in the country....
john

Coffeyville, KS

#11140 Dec 7, 2012
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, very good analysis, lol
Ya a great one if you live off illegals working for ya...Rational tulsans should be more of liberal schmucks that welcome anyone to come on over rewrite the laws,should we really outlaw ILLEGALS?????
How about should we start having beers with the folks that have killed innocent people driving drunk...or maybe we should just start letting child molesters out of jail because we are infringing on there rights....Liberal Thinking Philosophy
Illegal Alien

Edmond, OK

#11141 Dec 7, 2012
It puts the lotion on its skin.
Closed minds equals Tards

Rochester, NY

#11142 Dec 7, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya as it does most schmucks..Schmucks have a hard time understanding that we should not be writing the voting ballots in Spanish,Chinese,Russian or any other language. ONLY English as the Constitution,the bill of rights,and everything else that involves America. A divide in language is a divide in the country....
Wrong Dooshbag - many countries have multiple languages, this one included. Always did, does now, always will.
Just cuz you are too much of a moron to learn another tongue, don't force your ignorance on the rest of us.
Cracker

Springdale, AR

#11144 Dec 8, 2012
English!! Do you speak it MF?
Melissa

United States

#11145 Dec 9, 2012
Closed minds equals Tards wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Dooshbag - many countries have multiple languages, this one included. Always did, does now, always will.
Just cuz you are too much of a moron to learn another tongue, don't force your ignorance on the rest of us.
Dooshbag? Correct spelling douchebag
cuz? Correct spelling because

No one is saying you can't learn however many languages you want to learn. What Oklahoma is saying is the State of Oklahoma does "official business" using the English language. Common sense to make all official print in one language, more cost effective that way! For someone who tries to portray themselves as intellectually superior....

Guess you're a "work" in progress!

Since: Jul 12

Oklahoma City, OK

#11146 Dec 10, 2012
Having an official language has its benefits. Still, the Steam Sale gets more attention because it makes more of a difference.

Rochester, NY

#11147 Dec 12, 2012
sorry Melissa, but Dooshbag is a new slang spelling, get with it, I dont think Oklahoma is that far out of it.

Douchebag is a femine product
Dooshbag is a moron, jerk, etc

Oklahoma City, OK

#11148 Dec 13, 2012
sorry Melissa, but Dooshbag is a new slang spelling, get with it, I dont think Oklahoma is that far out of it.
Douchebag is a femine product
Dooshbag is a moron, jerk, etc
This is...so not a thing, sir. It's been Douchebag across the board.

Rochester, NY

#11149 Dec 13, 2012
English is a continually changing and evolving language, Words change meanings, gain secondary or slang meanings, change context and spelling all the time - look at: gay, queer, G-sring, thong, intimate, dumb.

And now with Texting and text speak, words are DEFINITELY changing spelling.

so let me reiterate
a Douchebag is a feminine hygiene product
or an obnoxious jerkoff

a Dooshbag can ALSO be an obnoxious jerkoff.

are you saying Colour, Theatre, Grey, Humour, Advise, Catalogue, Likeable, are not correct because you are unfamiliar with those spellings of homonyms?

Is Aeroplane wrong? no
Moustache? no
Cheque? no
Pyjama? no
Gaol? no

Oklahoma City, OK

#11150 Dec 14, 2012
English is a continually changing and evolving language, Words change meanings, gain secondary or slang meanings, change context and spelling all the time - look at: gay, queer, G-sring, thong, intimate, dumb.
And now with Texting and text speak, words are DEFINITELY changing spelling.
so let me reiterate
a Douchebag is a feminine hygiene product
or an obnoxious jerkoff
a Dooshbag can ALSO be an obnoxious jerkoff.
are you saying Colour, Theatre, Grey, Humour, Advise, Catalogue, Likeable, are not correct because you are unfamiliar with those spellings of homonyms?
Is Aeroplane wrong? no
Moustache? no
Cheque? no
Pyjama? no
Gaol? no
Marking the transition of language doesn't account for the unofficial – and individual – misspelling of words and rearranging of syntax. If I speak pidgin, it's an official dialect. If I type dooshbag, then I'm a nine-year-old on the internet. Is it any more proper for me to drop into l337sp33k original? That's pretty well accepted. Jxx7 xxcxczx m3 144l3 I appr0pri8te.

Especially when attempting to represent yourself in a respectable manner, please do everybody a courtesy and employ a proper combination of spelling and grammar for a public forum.

Oklahoma City, OK

#11151 Dec 14, 2012
Oh...and that reads "Just excuse me while I appropriate," in case you were [probably] wondering.

Rochester, NY

#11152 Dec 17, 2012
Steve Martin - "Well, EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME!!"
Doosh
gonond

Pittsburgh, PA

#11153 Dec 19, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …………Free-Dumb is a Dumb Word
sudafed whisperer yall

Bristow, OK

#11154 Dec 21, 2012
im teelin yall you got to learn to speak meth head in oklahoma!!!
weirdo

Durant, OK

#11158 Nov 6, 2013
Wow..........you are really up to date on looking up gay definitions, and nasty ones. I'm so glad you put your 2 cents in because you seem so legitimate according to your dictionary search.........WEIRDO! I think everyone should know english to meander about in the streets but they will never ALL know english..plus it creates jobs for translators so give up this stupid thread, there is no winner ..........
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
Marking the transition of language doesn't account for the unofficial – and individual – misspelling of words and rearranging of syntax. If I speak pidgin, it's an official dialect. If I type dooshbag, then I'm a nine-year-old on the internet. Is it any more proper for me to drop into l337sp33k original? That's pretty well accepted. Jxx7 xxcxczx m3 144l3 I appr0pri8te.
Especially when attempting to represent yourself in a respectable manner, please do everybody a courtesy and employ a proper combination of spelling and grammar for a public forum.
weirdo

Durant, OK

#11159 Nov 6, 2013
I meant that reply for "closed minds"..sorry "distinctly"
3 Fingered Toad

Valliant, OK

#11160 Nov 6, 2013
Tell you what, change all language to Russian now on every thing you see. Set your language on your cell phone, tv, gps, xbox, etc., leave it like that for about two days. Bet yall would have a fit cause it wasn't in English. Now go stick you head in Obamas ass and sew it in place, prepare to speak the official language.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#11161 Nov 7, 2013
3 Fingered Toad wrote:
Now go stick you head in Obamas ass and sew it
in place, prepare to speak the official language.
Dear 3 Finger Probe,

Profanity is your forte.
You'd have to learn English
if it were required in Okieland.

Vinita deserves you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Durant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brent Burns 6 hr Mustang Momma 17
April & Kenneth Dodd? Nov 9 concerned 1
Durant Men Arrested After Child Allegedly Spank... Nov 7 Free ANDRE THOMAS 1
Vincent Burns (Sep '11) Oct 25 Funny 5
The 411 (Jeremy L. Head) Oct 23 Honestyseeker 1
Two arrested for harboring escapee Oct 23 clairitymine 2
Murder suspect escapes from Oklahoma's Bryan Co... Oct 22 clairitymine 2
Durant Dating
Find my Match

Durant People Search