Ms. Wheelchair Oklahoma has high hopes of changing the future

Mar 19, 2011 Full story: Durant Daily Democrat

Ms. Wheelchair Oklahoma Deanna Cheek said she was injured in a car accident in 1992 and has spent the past 19 years living with a wheelchair.

Full Story
Elizabeth Reeve

United States

#1 Mar 23, 2011
The title for her should be Ms. Wheelchair Oklahoma (America) 2011-2012. She is not the only Ms. Wheelchair Oklahoma in our state. I happen to be Ms. Wheelchair Oklahoma (USA) 2011-2012. In the future, we might want to make sure that we get the titles correct, as the Ms. Wheelchair Oklahoma (America) program tends to not want to see the other Ms. Wheelchair Oklahoma(USA) as being a legit. Sad to say, this is a problem though out the whole program since Ms Wheelchair America has been around since 1972 and the Ms. Wheelchair USA has been around since 1999. The main difference answers how disabled must a person be to be considered for the title. It is a sad war between the two when they both want to advocate, education, and have their ladies achieve many goals. Somtimes it is best to unite and work together to achiving the better end.
Thanks!
Elizabeth Reeve
Ms. Wheelchair Oklahoma (America) 2008-2009
Ms. Wheelchair Oklahoma (America) State Coordinator 2008-2011
Ms Wheelchair Oklahoma (USA) 2011-2012
MWA

Washington, DC

#2 Mar 24, 2011
As much as I hate to disagree with Ms. Reeve, I must. I think she may be over dramatizing this a bit. Ms. Wheelchair America sees the USA program as being very legit but different, and that's all. I think Ms. Reeve is trying to start unnecessary trouble where there is none to start. It is certainly by no means a war as she puts it. I feel bad she sees it as such, but it seems that this is by her own doing and not that of Ms. Wheelchair America. I am a proud member of Ms. Wheelchair America and stand by it's mission to advocate for people with disabilities. I see no place for one program to make false accusations against another, as Ms. Reeve is so intent on doing. I was left with no choice to respond and defend a great program!
Wheels

Bridgewater, MA

#3 Mar 24, 2011
Congratulations Deanna! You will do a fantastic job representing Oklahoma!
Shirley Bird

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Jan 13, 2012
Sounds like someone shouldnt be in the program at all. Smart ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Durant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Bailey Former Choctaw Asst Chief (Aug '11) Dec 10 Indian Ghost 14
Brent Burns Nov 20 Mustang Momma 17
April & Kenneth Dodd? Nov '14 concerned 1
Durant Men Arrested After Child Allegedly Spank... Nov '14 Free ANDRE THOMAS 1
Vincent Burns (Sep '11) Oct '14 Funny 5
The 411 (Jeremy L. Head) Oct '14 Honestyseeker 1
Two arrested for harboring escapee Oct '14 clairitymine 2
Durant Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web