Since: May 09

Sherman, TX

#42 Jun 11, 2009
For one people who gamble are not uneducated or stupid. I gamble once in a Blue Moon and I know my limits. I am probably more educated than you ever thought of being. I am a computer programmer, Electronic engineer technician, a certified tax preparer/ office manager, certified landscaper and aquatic scaper, and a certified medical transcriptionist. And gambling unlike drugs are legal in the state of Oklahoma. What about the people who buy lotto tickets instead of milk. Or what about the people who give their children too much soda and junk food. Thats stupid and do you think that a person who would spend their last $10 grocery money on gambling, if gambling wasn't available wouldn't spend it on something else useless to the home, like alcohol, sodas, candy, drugs, other crap thats NOT groceries. And how do you think and what makes you an authority to what the Choctaws deserve. What did they ever do to you? You're probably White, and your people stole from all of the Indians to begin with. And if the Gov. ever held up to their treaties with our people maybe the indians wouldn't need to have such business'. Don't hear you gripping about Donald Trump, who has lots of casinos that I'm sure take plenty of peoples money. So what did the Choctaws ever do to you. They do help other tribes that do live in poor houses in other states. They have no running water, no electricity, no way of heating in the winter, no transportation and had their land stolen by the white man and put on land so far from civilization, that can't hardly get to school or get jobs, their average yrly income is only about $3500. So maybe you should get educated. And you probably sit infront of the tv or computer playing games. Whats the difference, you paid for the game and the electric to run it, money down the drain.
Jack Reacher wrote:
Tell me how someone can enjoy sitting at a chair and enjoy just pushing a button. Mostly the uneducated or stupid people play the slot machines. Stop gambling and send the choctaws to the poor house, it's what they deserve
Choctaw Employee

Bokchito, OK

#43 Jun 14, 2009
I would like to say that some of the money goes to pay the fitness counselors, trainers, and instructors who work at the Choctaw Wellness Center which is open to all indian tribes, police men and women, and other emergency and health people. I am an instructor at the Wellness Center and I am very thankful for the Choctaws not pocketing that money but opening up a place where individuals can stay fit and healthy.
To Jack Reacher

Bokchito, OK

#44 Jun 14, 2009
FYI: The casino doesn't ruin peoples lives....PEOPLE do!!! People and their greed for more money, or in some cases laziness and unwillingness to get off their ass, quit living off the rest of us who work, and find a damn job. People need to take responsibilities for their own actions. It wasn't the alcohol who killed the teenager driving, it was the teenager who decided to drink and drive!
jack reacher

Wewoka, OK

#45 Jun 26, 2009
what about the prostitutes?
White Pride

Whitewright, TX

#46 Jun 30, 2009
White Devil with help of Obama will cause depression by 2010. New hotel will be called "End of the Trail" or Custer's Revenge! All these rooms will be occupied by the elderly or halfway house ex-druggies or ex-cons, hope the feds have rent money for the Choctaws. As far as winning slots, try the High Stakes Room, if you have the money to spend eventually you will win. The main room and the Truck Stop machines are usually a waste of time and money.
worker

Crescent, OK

#47 Jul 1, 2009
Seems to be your problem is that you want to run in put in a couple dollars and win big. GET REAL! the machine pay out on a percentage so it depends on how much that machine has been played. the more the machine has been played the faster it will payout. The truck stop also has the best chances of winning because those machines (each machine) are played more often than the other casinos plus it's always nice to go to the truck stop because the workers there are so pleasent. I want to give big KUDOs to the Truck Stop casinos!!!
Jack Reacher

Stigler, OK

#48 Jul 3, 2009
if it wasn't for gambling addicts, choctaw wouldn't have been able to build all the new casinos
Jack Reacher

Stigler, OK

#49 Jul 3, 2009
first of all i'm not white, I'm choctaw. I worked for choctaw casino for a year until I couldn't stand it anymore. I have seen people spend their last dime to gamble. I have seen people steal from their loved ones and no telling who else to have money to gamble. True they made bad choices, but experts will tell you gambling addiction is as bad as drug addiction, some say it is worse. They lose all interest in EVERYTHING ELSE in their lives. I know of one person who stayed 27 hours straight at the casino and lost 22 thousdand dollars in one year. women will tell a guy she will have sex with him if he will give her some money to play the slots.again their choice people don't pay their bills. I know this for a fact. I pray everyday for the choctaw casinos to be shut down. They don't care one thing about their customers, all they want is to take your money.odds are stacked aganist you the minute you walk in the door. Trust me I know, I worked for them!!!!!!!!!!
Jack Reacher

Stigler, OK

#50 Jul 5, 2009
You work for the casino? tell me why they allow people to smoke there? wouldn't be all about the money would it?
Jack Reacher

Stigler, OK

#51 Jul 5, 2009
wonder how much money the great janie dillard makes?

Since: May 09

Sherman, TX

#52 Jul 10, 2009
You can smoke in a bar or club and they don't fall under alot of the White Gov laws. Plus the last I knew you can smoke at Bingo places too. So what is the difference on gambling your money away or the father that makes $16 hr and blows on Video game console at a couple hundred dollars and then continues to blow it on $60 a game instead on his children and he don't spend time with his kids because all of his games are adult games and he's on them all the time he's home. You have to be responsible for your own actions and if you're an addict taking away gambling they will only replace it with another addiction, like maybe DRUGS or acohol. That doesn't do the families any good, atleast with gambling as small as the chance may be, they may actually get some return on the inv. unlike drugs, acohol, or video games. You have to control yourself in all aspects of life. We are responsible for our own actions, be real.
Jack Reacher

Stigler, OK

#53 Jul 10, 2009
Keep responding to my comments, you will never convince me casinos do anyone any good at all. choctaw casinos are RUINING peoples lives. I agree that people should be responsible for their own lives. In the small town I live in, if it wasnt for drug money their probaly wouldn't be any money. does that make it right?
worker

Oklahoma City, OK

#54 Jul 10, 2009
one benefit is the 3000 employee that would be unemployed if the Choctaws closed the doors.
Jack Reacher

Stigler, OK

#55 Jul 12, 2009
I wish they would close the doors. It's such a great job.Where else could a person get second cigarette smoke from 2 thousand people?
Amused

Durant, OK

#56 Jul 16, 2009
Hey In-Correct is a great name for you. The state of Oklahoma recieved right at 106,000,000.00 this fiscal year from the Indian tribes in the state. I think they should be able to take care of the highway, it's state property.

Since: May 09

Sherman, TX

#57 Jul 30, 2009
So drug money holds your town up, I live in a smaller town than Eufaula, and we have a LOT of drug dealers matter of fact we've been considered the drug vein from Dallas to Ok City by 20/20, 60 min., night line, but Drugs are illegal unlike Casinos, and what about the people that spend their last dollar on a stupid Lotto ticket, those kind of people will spend their last buck on anything except what they should, even if there weren't Casinos. As far as the smoke goes, like I said before, you can smoke in Bars, Clubs and lots of restaraunts, if you don't want smoke, simpily don't go where they can smoke, once again it's the individuals responsibility as to what they expose theirselves to. Like, I can't stand the smell of alcohol, so guess what, I don't go to bars. Simple. I see people in the stores, I know, they don't have a spit tune to piss in, but they will sure scrape up a couple of bucks to buy a lotto instead of something useful. How many people actually win on those? This society today is a "Not my fault" generation. If you don't have it to play, then its your responsibility to not play. Seriously how much money is wasted on Alcohol and you want to complain about gambling, atleast the Casino gives you a hotline number for people with gambling problems. Do you see any phone numbers on the sides of alcohol for alcoholics to call with their problem. NO THEY don't want you to get help ever.RESPONSIBILITY for your own actions. Grow up. Be real.
Jack reacher

Stigler, OK

#58 Aug 18, 2009
RhyDonna wrote:
So drug money holds your town up, I live in a smaller town than Eufaula, and we have a LOT of drug dealers matter of fact we've been considered the drug vein from Dallas to Ok City by 20/20, 60 min., night line, but Drugs are illegal unlike Casinos, and what about the people that spend their last dollar on a stupid Lotto ticket, those kind of people will spend their last buck on anything except what they should, even if there weren't Casinos. As far as the smoke goes, like I said before, you can smoke in Bars, Clubs and lots of restaraunts, if you don't want smoke, simpily don't go where they can smoke, once again it's the individuals responsibility as to what they expose theirselves to. Like, I can't stand the smell of alcohol, so guess what, I don't go to bars. Simple. I see people in the stores, I know, they don't have a spit tune to piss in, but they will sure scrape up a couple of bucks to buy a lotto instead of something useful. How many people actually win on those? This society today is a "Not my fault" generation. If you don't have it to play, then its your responsibility to not play. Seriously how much money is wasted on Alcohol and you want to complain about gambling, atleast the Casino gives you a hotline number for people with gambling problems. Do you see any phone numbers on the sides of alcohol for alcoholics to call with their problem. NO THEY don't want you to get help ever.RESPONSIBILITY for your own actions. Grow up. Be real.
Thats real big Of the casinos to give you a hotline number. Wouldn't they love it if everyone of their so called "guest" called that number and got help for their gambling addiction and STOPPED gambling?
Jack reacher

Stigler, OK

#59 Aug 18, 2009
RhyDonna wrote:
You can smoke in a bar or club and they don't fall under alot of the White Gov laws. Plus the last I knew you can smoke at Bingo places too. So what is the difference on gambling your money away or the father that makes $16 hr and blows on Video game console at a couple hundred dollars and then continues to blow it on $60 a game instead on his children and he don't spend time with his kids because all of his games are adult games and he's on them all thetime he's home. You have to be responsible for your own actions and if you're an addict taking away gambling they will only replace it with another addiction, like maybe DRUGS or acohol. That doesn't do the families any good, atleast with gambling as small as the chance may be, they may actually get some return on the inv. unlike drugs, acohol, or video games. You have to control yourself in all aspects of life. We are responsible for our own actions, be real.
And who pays for the father that is addicted to video games and drugs and whatever else these losers do? wouldnt be the children would it? you really are a piece of work!!!

Since: May 09

Sherman, TX

#60 Aug 19, 2009
Jack reacher wrote:
<quoted text> And who pays for the father that is addicted to video games and drugs and whatever else these losers do? wouldnt be the children would it? you really are a piece of work!!!
We don't do that to our children, THAT was my point the children suffer!!! And the point is you have to be responsible for your own actions. The father who spends all of his money and time on video games is no better than a drug addict. So if you get rid of gambling you don't think an addictive personality is going to replace it with something else as unhealthy or worse. They still are not going to take the money home to their families where it belongs. Don't call me a piece of work, I hold myself responsible for anything I do, and my child. Other people don't and they want to blame the Casino's. So is the game video game makers fault that SOME father's treat their children that way. NO, no more than it's the casino's fault, or the beer makers fault that the public isn't considerate or don't take responsibility. I am not that kind of person, I know where every penny of our money goes and goes straight to the household. This seems to be a "Not my fault society", and everyone wants to blame the casinos, the video game makers, the alcohol makers. No one makes these people spend their money unwisely. So get it right. Mine all stays in the household or for my child and our College educations. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.No one can do it for you!!!

Since: May 09

Sherman, TX

#61 Aug 19, 2009
Jack reacher wrote:
<quoted text> And who pays for the father that is addicted to video games and drugs and whatever else these losers do? wouldnt be the children would it? you really are a piece of work!!!
Atleast they give a hotline number for help, do you see that on the side of alcohol, NO, the white man introduced and got the Native American Idians hooked on alcohol back when the white man first invaded this country, do you see them offering hotline numbers on their BEER commercials, NO. Atleast the Casinos offer help, more than the white man does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Durant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 411 (Jeremy L. Head) Thu Honestyseeker 1
Two arrested for harboring escapee Thu clairitymine 2
Vincent Burns (Sep '11) Wed just curious 4
Murder suspect escapes from Oklahoma's Bryan Co... Oct 22 clairitymine 2
Antlers Postal Worker Sentenced For Stealing Pa... (Nov '13) Oct 16 smh 9
Brent Burns Oct 8 Enough said 16
Mike Bailey Former Choctaw Asst Chief (Aug '11) Oct 7 Staggered 12
Durant Dating
Find my Match

Durant Jobs

Durant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Durant News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Durant

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]