Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated May 21, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FYI

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

A friend of mine was recently contacted due to posting about someone they were having an issue with. If someone reports posts as harassment, legal action can and has been taken before.
I wish

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

FYI wrote:
A friend of mine was recently contacted due to posting about someone they were having an issue with. If someone reports posts as harassment, legal action can and has been taken before.
That's not true. I had a post put up about me in the past and took it to the police and they said there was nothing they could do because the people weren't actually harassing ME. So then I just reported it the site and they took everything that was about me down. So if you don't like what people are saying about you or anyone else you can report it and it will be gone!
FYI

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Hmmm I wonder who it was that contacted her. That's not right if someone is posting stuff about you and there is no legal action. This was a fight between the two and it got nasty and one reported it but who knows. I'm not taking any chances lol and really this site should be banned if that's the case.
I wish

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

I totally agree that this site should be banned! One of my friends got posted on this site recently and I asked my friend who is a cop if its illegal and he said no. The only thing the person can do is have it taken down. Which my friend should do.

They even post about police on this website. You would think you would get in trouble for talkin about cops on here like they're dirt. But no. Never happens. I just say stay off and let the losers play on their site. They have nothing better to do.
FYI

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Your exactly right!!!
green thumb

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1st amendment.
ANGRY TROLL

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

If your seriously that bothered about someone putting somethin on this site about you, you are a complete cry baby whiner. Get over yourself, your most likely pissy pants because whatever was posted was close enough to the truth.
wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Hehehe tellem Angry Troll.
scary but true

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 15, 2013
 
It's all being recorded.
Waiting for the laws to catch up.
Then you will be retroactively prosecuted.
green thumb

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 15, 2013
 
scary but true wrote:
It's all being recorded.
Waiting for the laws to catch up.
Then you will be retroactively prosecuted.
Youre a moron. Record that!
Huck

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 15, 2013
 
Bullshit, you cannot be prosecuted retroactively for a law that wasn't on the books yet
thumbs down

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I am reporting you to the proper authorities.....retroactively of course!
green thumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre a moron. Record that!
green thumb

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I'll be waiting. Retroactively of course
that IS scary

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 15, 2013
 
Are you the huck that owns HUCKS?
Huck wrote:
Bullshit, you cannot be prosecuted retroactively for a law that wasn't on the books yet
FYI

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I can tell you that if stuff was posted on here about my family or friends that was true or untrue that was negative, I would not be happy and neither would anyone else. However, no matter how bad it was there is nothing we can do but have it removed but not before any number of people see it. Peoples lives and reputationsi could be ruined because someone is mad or just feels like starting crap. Even if it is something true the horrible things people say on here is beyond ok. This is not just Dupo either. Yes, 1st Ammendment is our right but down right slander and harrasment with repeated posts on a open sight for the world to see with filth and vulgarity is not needed and does no good for anyone. Life gives you enough hardships and there is no reason to add to it. Ya ya, I know, shut up is what your thinking but if you ever end up on the other side of the fence and its you or someone you know then you will have a different opinion. That is true with anything....but most won't get it or care until they are on the other side.
cuzzo

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FYI wrote:
I can tell you that if stuff was posted on here about my family or friends that was true or untrue that was negative, I would not be happy and neither would anyone else. However, no matter how bad it was there is nothing we can do but have it removed but not before any number of people see it. Peoples lives and reputationsi could be ruined because someone is mad or just feels like starting crap. Even if it is something true the horrible things people say on here is beyond ok. This is not just Dupo either. Yes, 1st Ammendment is our right but down right slander and harrasment with repeated posts on a open sight for the world to see with filth and vulgarity is not needed and does no good for anyone. Life gives you enough hardships and there is no reason to add to it. Ya ya, I know, shut up is what your thinking but if you ever end up on the other side of the fence and its you or someone you know then you will have a different opinion. That is true with anything....but most won't get it or care until they are on the other side.
I agree with you 100%. there are just sometimes that I can't help myself because some things need to be said and some people need to hear that truth.
pogo

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 16, 2013
 
I need to put others down to make me feel superior.
Cross dressing also makes me feel good about myself.
I'm a dog lover.
ANGRY TROLL

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 16, 2013
 
And if you honestly believe your "rep" or "street cred" can be ruined by this site, please see my previous post. You fit right in. You really need to take a sensitivity course, but instead teaching you how to man up, and not be such an entitled crybaby child that just left 1st grade. Lol, what a sad world we live in today with complete thin skinned babies such as yourselves. Your the reason sports teams, armed services, schools, ect are being watered down nowadays. You couldn't hack it ane cried and complained about your little feelings hurt, and now thin skinned whiners are in power and slowly undoing everything to appeal to a growing number of thin skinned turds and their scaredy @ss little children.
FYI

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Lol it would take a whole lot more than you to hurt my feelings. I am talking about the trash talking, vulgar, cruel things that are posted about our youth. Being cut from a ball team vs being called horrific names or things being said that are true or untrue can be devistating to kids. You have no idea how strong of a person I am nor how much I have taught my children to work and that no one owes you anything and life is not fair so take ur hits, pick urself up and move on. I do agree with you on how much parents protect their kids these days and they are going to be the ones who always blame everyone else for issues in their lives because they will not know what else to do. This is a completely different subject. No where near the same magnitude. I don't have to agree with you nor you agree with me but I bet if you have kids or do someday and someone called them horrific names on here you would not be too happy and if it continued and your child was harassed and you could do nothing about it you would not like that either. This has not happened to me but I would not like it and can't imagine anyone who would but who knows these days. Maybe cruel, bullying, cowards are the new cool.
I know

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 16, 2013
 
Oh yes you can be prosecuted. If you have the money to hire a good attorney and someone has slandered you on topix, you can take them to court. Make sure you have not said anything bad about them. It would go to the supreme court under civil cases. People have done this and won. It happened to me and my family. I found out who was doing it but they had nothing but a house in a bad part of town, she was diasabled and it was not worth my time. After she found out I knew she stopped. She started in on other people after that. It takes a real low life person to do this sort of thing. It is best to not reply to any of the gossip and then these horrible people will stop if they get no response.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dupo Discussions

Search the Dupo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,894
Sue johnson 3 hr really 9
Columbia is the New Cahokia 3 hr yep 45
Ill. Gov. to push for assault weapons ban 4 hr for real 7
Make money in Cahokia 5 hr So you are back 11
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr AnyCommieWillDoCantBWorse 3,829
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 21 hr KrisChristie 1,856
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dupo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dupo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dupo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dupo
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••