Dupo Teachers Considering A Strike

Dupo Teachers Considering A Strike

There are 85 comments on the KPLR-11 story from Dec 13, 2012, titled Dupo Teachers Considering A Strike. In it, KPLR-11 reports that:

School teachers in Dupo, Illinois are considering a strike. The Illinois Federation of Teachers says the Dupo community school district 196 has made a threatening move in the bargaining process and tensions are rising.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KPLR-11.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#1 Dec 13, 2012
The Dupo school district is a disaster according to the Illinois' school district reports.
The best thing that could happen is a strike and replacement teachers brought in
weirdo

Columbia, IL

#2 Dec 13, 2012
Just like clockwork. You would think that anyone that hates a town as much as this Brian does would post nice things in his own town. This guys obsession with Dupo is pretty extreme. You need professional help bud. Get a life.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#3 Dec 13, 2012
Another of your endless supply of screen names I see Pogo.
Same old crapola with a new wrapper = same old crapola
pogo

Waterloo, IL

#4 Dec 14, 2012
Who cares what you think. You are just a lowlife troll.

Since: Aug 10

Columbia, IL

#5 Dec 14, 2012
weirdo wrote:
Just like clockwork. You would think that anyone that hates a town as much as this Brian does would post nice things in his own town. This guys obsession with Dupo is pretty extreme. You need professional help bud. Get a life.
That's because Brian posts at all hours, on just about every thread, is most likely unemployed and living in a shthole, and people on Topix feed him.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#6 Dec 14, 2012
Nothing like the usual dodo that ignores the topic and goes on their little personal rants.
No wonder Dupo students do so poorly...look atthe example they are given by the adult crowd there
Parent of 2

Prairie Village, KS

#7 Dec 15, 2012
I would just like to say that the teachers would not be thinking of striking if the elected officials on the board would talk for themselves and do the job they were elected to do. Instead of paying Barney money they don't have to speak for them. Teachers are being forced to consider a strike because the board contacted the labor board and declared impasse. If that had not happened, then this would not be plastered all over the media. According to teachers I have talked with....the Jan 16 date came about after the labor board was contacted.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#8 Dec 15, 2012
Acording to the state report card the teachers are not performing up to standard. My guess is if prodded they, the teachers, will say its because ther salary is too low. The other usual excuse given by teachers is "its the parents fault."
Why not show them the reprt and then ask them why the district as a whole does so poorly when compared against some of the other districts statewide. See what their answer is when asking this directly to their face
Parent and Taxpayer

United States

#9 Dec 15, 2012
Go to the first page of the school website and see what is really going on about the strike. Dupo has one of the highest teacher salary schedules in the state. The school is broke and we have some teachers making over $100,000 a year with salary and benefits working 180 days a year and they want to strike for higher salaries! I say let them strike.
Spell Check

O Fallon, IL

#10 Dec 15, 2012
Just looked at the district website and read all of the proposals. All things considered I don't think the Board's proposal is a bad one. They seem to have given up a considerable amount on language. I hope they can work things out without a strike.
tax payer

Millstadt, IL

#11 Dec 16, 2012
Looks like another union hasn't come to grips with today's reality. That's ok because if they don't get their heads out of their asses they are going to fall just like other unions. They need to be thankful for a job in today's times.They are no different than any other occupation. Just about everyone in other walks of life has had to make adjustments in life. They better realize unions aren't untouchable. Ask Chrysler,Roadway,Yellowfreight ,Central and hostess workers what the unions accomplished for them"no jobs and unemployment.
Parent and Taxpayer

United States

#12 Dec 16, 2012
tax payer wrote:
Looks like another union hasn't come to grips with today's reality. That's ok because if they don't get their heads out of their asses they are going to fall just like other unions. They need to be thankful for a job in today's times.They are no different than any other occupation. Just about everyone in other walks of life has had to make adjustments in life. They better realize unions aren't untouchable. Ask Chrysler,Roadway,Yellowfreight ,Central and hostess workers what the unions accomplished for them"no jobs and unemployment.
Bravo! You said it exactly "like it is."
smile

Garden City, MI

#13 Dec 16, 2012
Spell Check wrote:
Just looked at the district website and read all of the proposals. All things considered I don't think the Board's proposal is a bad one. They seem to have given up a considerable amount on language. I hope they can work things out without a strike.
Except that's only what the board says it told the union. It would be interesting to hear the other side of the story as well.
Spell Check

O Fallon, IL

#14 Dec 16, 2012
It's my understanding those are the actual proposals by each side. Before a strike the public now gets to see what has been proposed and what the teacher now make and will make under the proposals. I guess that lets the public take sides easier.
Hello

Jerseyville, IL

#15 Dec 16, 2012
Spell Check wrote:
It's my understanding those are the actual proposals by each side. Before a strike the public now gets to see what has been proposed and what the teacher now make and will make under the proposals. I guess that lets the public take sides easier.
Too bad they can't publish ALL the truth.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#16 Dec 16, 2012
City-data.com school rating (using weighted 2010 test average as compared to other schools in Illinois) from 0 (worst) to 100 (best) is 22.

http://www.city-data.com/school/dupo-high-sch...
Spell Check

O Fallon, IL

#17 Dec 16, 2012
What would all the truth be?
Love the lou

Columbia, IL

#18 Dec 16, 2012
Why aren't the salaries of administrative staff published as well?
Hmmmmm

Jerseyville, IL

#20 Dec 17, 2012
Teachers just received the financials nov 27 according to their email and asked for more time to look it over. It was due to them oct 15.???? Wonder why that is? Doesn't match up to the boards quickness to post everything on the district website. Think ill wait and hear the teachers side of things as well.
Spell Check

O Fallon, IL

#21 Dec 17, 2012
administrator salaries are published on the district website.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saturday Open Weight Challenge on Godin 1 hr Rollo 1
Donna Ayers 3 hr Ironwker 2
shop with a cop 3 hr Stevo 4
Guvner for hire 3 hr Stevo 2
Chris chartrand. N Chris Marchbanks Ha... 8 hr Lhh 5
columbia kinder college (Nov '08) 8 hr Kristen 79
A Cedar St Christmas 19 hr Oink Oink 6

Dupo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance