Green homes on Main Street

Posted in the Dupo Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Want positive change

Edwardsville, IL

#1 Nov 21, 2007
I did a little digging and found out who owns the two green homes (that are falling down) on Main Street. The owner's name is William Phelps. Does anyone know who he is and what citizens can do to clean up the town?
gril from dupo

Columbia, IL

#2 Nov 21, 2007
I do know that he lives in Columbia on Main Street.
Dupo grad

Dupo, IL

#3 Jan 23, 2008
Is it the William Phelps who is president of the Columbia School Board?
WOW

Columbia, MO

#4 Jan 24, 2008
Perhaps- i do know he lives in Columbia and people are tired of looking at those homes. Wish someone could direct him to this page!
Sara

Redmond, WA

#5 Jan 27, 2008
Across the street ,on the same side as dairyland?
Dupo Grad

Edwardsville, IL

#6 Jan 27, 2008
Yes...they are located on the same side of the street as DairyLand. Two large green home with the top windows knocked out and siding that looks horrible. I wonder if the Courthouse would have information on the owner? I think I will do some checking on this. Between Judy's Corner Slum Shack and those green houses, Main Street looks horrible. I wonder why nothing is done in this town to make property owners (and business owners) clean up the appearance of their homes/business. Sonny Pratt also owns a boarded-up home on 5th Street that is a disgrace.
TigerFan

Millstadt, IL

#7 Jan 29, 2008
Tear them down it would be an excellent location to build a small store.
eagleeyes

Waterloo, IL

#8 Feb 2, 2008
who owns the trailers 3 1 house with boards needa get it cleaned up its big eyesore (flore acres )

Since: Jan 08

Dupo

#9 Feb 2, 2008
Flora Acres is an eyesore these days anyway, at least the front part of the subdivision.
dupo class of76

Olive Branch, MS

#10 Feb 3, 2008
Yes it is William Phelps of CSB- Go to the tv stations - newpapers - get a petition signed by at least 300 people and go back to the city conucil and make them take his a** to court- make sure he has to pay a legal costs.
HAHA

Waterloo, IL

#11 Feb 25, 2008
I saw them two houses, when they getting torn down.
A lifer in Dupo

Columbia, IL

#12 Feb 25, 2008
I do agree that those house look horrible, but there is other trash around town. There are people who dont cut their grass in the summer, dont pick up their trash and let it pile up in their back yard, Everyone that lives here needs to do their part also. That is why Dupo along with Cahokia and ESTL are the jokes of St. Clair County, we should all get on our neighbors for making things look trashy.
dsunshine

Waterloo, IL

#13 Oct 11, 2008
Those trailer's in Flora Acre's are owned by Joyce Beason and she is supposed to be fixing them up. The guy that own's those's house's and one on the corner of 4th st, live's on Columbia dr right by the old store. I live right next to a house that need's to be torn down
WHEN

Waterloo, IL

#14 Oct 11, 2008
WHAT ABOUT THE HOUSE ON THE CORNER OF 4TH STREET OWNED BY CLIFFORD PHELPS (200) BLOCK. THAT IS BAD.
another

Columbia, IL

#15 Oct 11, 2008
How about that old gas station on main st,down by the firehouse. There is another eye sore...
dsunshine

Waterloo, IL

#16 Oct 11, 2008
I think there brother's, I could be wrong but I do know that one or both own the house's my cosin lived in the one on 4th. And a friend lived in the corner one, plus I looked at the smaller one. They have been that way for 30 year's.
resident mom

Waterloo, IL

#17 Oct 12, 2008
How about starting this forum on Columbia's forum? That might open some eyes. Dont forget to point out that he is president of Columbia's school board. Add addresses if you have them. Might embarrass him enough that he will do something.
resident mom

Waterloo, IL

#18 Oct 12, 2008
Doesnt dupo have any ordinances about delinquent properties??? If not, why the hell not?? If so, what reason could they possibly have not to enforce them??
Wrong

Red Bud, IL

#19 Oct 12, 2008
resident mom wrote:
How about starting this forum on Columbia's forum? That might open some eyes. Dont forget to point out that he is president of Columbia's school board. Add addresses if you have them. Might embarrass him enough that he will do something.
I know both Bill Phelps and the Columbia school board president is in his 40's and has two sons in high school. The Bill Phelps that owns the houses you are talking about is pretty old and lives on Main Street in Columbia.
dupo

Columbia, IL

#20 Oct 12, 2008
The owner of the green homes next to Dairy Land is William Phelps. He is 85+ years old and a very sweet man. He lived in the house on the corner when he was growing up and is just stuck in his ways. He wants the house to stay as much "original" as possible. Everyone might think they are an eye soar but they are very nice homes. I lived in the one on the corner for 2 years. I would hate to see these houses be torn down for the simple fact that they are very affordable to rent. Maybe if Dupo would have a few more places to rent that were big enough and cheap enough we wouldnt have the problem of 3 families trying to live in one house. I do like the new townhouses and duplexes but they are way to expensive!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
samantha free p***y ahrens 3 hr green thumb 3
Cops on Stoney Dr? Sat Jason 1
What's going into pizza place Sat Ignorance Is Bliss 2
Till Garden Sat Ignorance Is Bliss 2
Big item day Sat Dupo resident 3
who was shot on the bluffs (May '14) Apr 30 King Joe Zarate 19
Randy Bolle (Oct '14) Apr 30 bollefriend 23
More from around the web

Dupo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE