Storage site for carnival rides.
north

Waterloo, IL

#61 Jan 20, 2008
Agee the mayor also has one of the best group of board members this town has ever seen and the rides will leave and you people will find something else too bitch about so get a life!
Jack

Akron, OH

#62 Jan 20, 2008
get a life wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares about the football team, they suck. plow the field under and grow some corn or soy beans
LOL--Yea--but where would the cheerleaders perform their stripper type performance?
South

Waterloo, IL

#63 Jan 20, 2008
The board members are a joke, The mayor will get it done soon. Has anyone told him in person about this? Hey may not read topix.
Over taxed_fed up

Saint Louis, MO

#64 Jan 23, 2008
checkersfire wrote:
<quoted text> YOU ALL WANT TO BASH THE MAYOR, HE'S DONE MORE FOR THIS TOWN IN THE LAST FEW YEARS THAN THOSE GEEZERS HAVE DONE IN THE LAST 100 YRS HERE. WHO CARES IF A FEW RIDES ARE SITTING THERE? WHAT DO YOU CARE IT SAYS YOUR IN KENSINGTON MISSOURI ANYWAY?
You mean like the new subdivsion in flooded acres that people are trying to move out of and can't because nobody wants to buy the homes. And the lovely new mosquito lake that sits at the corner of 5th/Tommy Dr./Young. He might not be the doushe bag as referenced in an earlier email, but he certainly doesn't need any parade.
get a life

Waterloo, IL

#65 Jan 23, 2008
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>LOL--Yea--but where would the cheerleaders perform their stripper type performance?
At their weekend drunk fest and their drug parties
LOL

Steedman, MO

#66 Jan 23, 2008
So you move on from bashing the mayor and the board members, to bashing the HIGH SCHOOL football team and the HIGH SCHOOL cheerleaders. What a bunch of adults you must be, to be able to sit on a computer and talk a bunch of shit about SOME HIGH SCHOOL KIDS. Now really, why don't YOU GET A LIFE!!!!
terrible

United States

#67 Jan 23, 2008
Well said LOL!!! If they can do a better job at all of the above - then I think they should go for it and stop bitching!!
South

Waterloo, IL

#68 Jan 23, 2008
I think someone is mad, Lol go back to your high school party. Stop defending your dope smoking pals!!!
JAD

Millstadt, IL

#69 Jan 23, 2008
I called the school last week and spoke with the superintendent regarding the situation and he informed me that they WOULD be gone by the end of the month. It appears he agreed (without approval of the school board) to allow a FEW pieces of equipment to be stored on the parking lot as a favor to Ron Dell and the city (who has helped the school out in the past). I got the feeling that the superintendent felt he was mislead (did not realize the extent of the equipment and the disgrace it would bring) and regrets his decision (he said SEVERAL people have called to complian). It does look horrible and makes me sad that our leadership made a decision that devalued our town once again. I did remind the superintendent that he does not live in this town and should think about things carefully before making a decision that impacts those of us who do call Dupo home.
ooo

Columbia, IL

#70 Jan 24, 2008
is this not voted on a YOUR TOWN MEETINGs ??? or was it just done by ONE person. everyone says go to the meetings if u want something done, well was this agreed on at a MEETING???
Dupo

Sterling, VA

#71 Jan 24, 2008
Nope it was decided on by a couple of people. The school board and city council knew nothing about it. So going to a meeting would not of helped.
LOL

Edwardsville, IL

#72 Jan 24, 2008
South wrote:
I think someone is mad, Lol go back to your high school party. Stop defending your dope smoking pals!!!
First, I'm not in high school. As if that really matters anyway. Second, I'm not a dope smoker but thanks for you concern. That is not who I am defending. What about the high school kids that work their asses off to get somewhere in life? You can't mass-group them into one. They are all individuals. I guess it makes you feel better to sit on the computer as a so-called "adult" and talk down on a bunch of teenagers. Man, you must have really screwed your life up to take it out on a bunch of kids. Like I said, get a life. It is not your place to sit here and make fun of a bunch of high school KIDS!!
checkersfire

Waterloo, IL

#73 Jan 26, 2008
ooo wrote:
<quoted text>
done for this town!! List it !!!
for one, we are finally getting businesses to come here. we should have had fast foods and alot of other places of business here years ago. we could have had hardees, mcdonalds probably a walmart, the idiots that ran this town a few yrs ago didn't want it. at one time the town could rely on the railroad, now it's just a small part.
checkersfire

Waterloo, IL

#74 Jan 26, 2008
Over taxed_fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the new subdivsion in flooded acres that people are trying to move out of and can't because nobody wants to buy the homes. And the lovely new mosquito lake that sits at the corner of 5th/Tommy Dr./Young. He might not be the doushe bag as referenced in an earlier email, but he certainly doesn't need any parade.
no bodys perfect, the taxes i believe are assessed by the county if i'm not mistaken?? we have ALWAYS had a mosquito problem in this town, it was alot worse in the 70's before the interstate was here and did away with that precious "wildlife preserve" everyone bitched about. the mayor isn't perfect, but he's sure as hell not the worst we've ever had here!
Lynn Chitty

Staunton, IL

#75 Jan 26, 2008
I will soon be a new resident of Dupo so here goes, the carnival rides did not turn me off to Dupo, they are parked neat and orderly and from what I understand this is just temporary. We have been looking for a new home, believe me there are other smaller communities with worse problems. You do not want a WalMart to move to town, other than providing a few part time jobs they demand so many concessions from a small community that you will never see any benefit from that, check WalMarts history with other small towns, And congratulate Springfield Illinois for not letting them move in there.
Offer incentives to small business owners, especially small production employers, show your town off as a small and safe community to be in. There are things that can be done to "showcase" your community such as putting your town on the web, I was frankly surprized that Dupo does not have an official website. Dupo is not even mentioned on the St. Clair County website, these are things that can be done fairly cheap and easily. Make it a class project for the High School students or something.
Put up some "Welcome to Dupo" signs, get the State to put up a sign showing there are gas stations available, you see them everywhere else.
The thing is; do not sell yourself short, make suggestions, think of ways to attract people to your community.

Off my Soapbox, Thanks.
Lynn
MOM OF 3

Saint Louis, MO

#76 Jan 26, 2008
THESE COMMENTS ARE SHOWING HOW SMART YOU ARE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM BEING THERE DON'T LOOK. OR TALK FACE TO FACE NOT BEHIND A COMPUTER. GROW UP ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO GIVE DUPO A BAD NAME NOT CARNIVAL RIDES. IF WE WORRIED MORE ABOUT THE KIDS IN OUR TOWN INSTEAD OF LITTLE STUFF LIKE CARNIVAL RIDES DUPO WOULD PROBALY HAVE A BETTER REPUTATION.
MOM OF 3

Saint Louis, MO

#77 Jan 26, 2008
OH BY THE WAY THEY WERE MOVED TODAY,CRY BABIES
Jack

Akron, OH

#78 Jan 27, 2008
MOM OF 3 wrote:
OH BY THE WAY THEY WERE MOVED TODAY,CRY BABIES
Mom of 3 Question #1-Where did the Carny rides go? Question #2 Is it true that the Carny rides were moved to make room for the cheerleaders to do their Hip Hop Strip tease routine? and Question #3 (this is your final question Mom of 3) Are you just naturally an angry person, having a bad hair day or in the time of your month that your emotions are bursting out?
mom of 3

Saint Louis, MO

#79 Jan 27, 2008
the rides were moved to property they bought in east carondelet.question 2 oh you are so funny (not) i bet you would be the first one there to watch if they was huh. question 3 im not angry im just sick of big mouth people running their mouth but don't have a clue what they are talking about.that comment comes close to home for ya huh.thought so.
Chuck

Des Plaines, IL

#80 Jan 27, 2008
Jack get a life and figure out the difference between the "cheerleaders and the "dance team". Were your kids too ugly to be on the squad so you have to resort to picking on the girls who are. These girls work hard and practice alot to represent their school so give them a break.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cchr 2 hr Sir Walter Realist 7
Sunday Open Weight Challenge on Godin 9 hr R Rollo 1
Worried 17 hr rollo 21
thielemann divorce Feb 22 Donna 3
Hough Grade School (Sep '09) Feb 21 Ntdebba 104
I hate nee ee gers Feb 20 R Rollo 1
Mamma Roll is a dck sucking Feb 20 R Rollo 1

Dupo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance