Brass Rail Restaurant Dressing recipe

Posted in the Dupo Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
noni

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Apr 7, 2010
I know it has been YEARS since it burned down, but does anyone have that recipe???

My mother-in-law and I made it years ago, but she is now gone and the recipe went with her as well.

Have talked about it to everyone I can and so far no one seems to have it or know how to get it.

PLEAS HELP

I can still taste it and their delicious chicken YUM!
Susie

Columbia, IL

#2 Apr 7, 2010
1 10 1/2 oz can of tomato soup
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tbs worchestershire sauce
1 peeled garlic clove or 1/2 tsp garlic salt/powder
1 finely chopped onion (opt)

Put in jar and shake well......don't forget the beets!
Connie

Waterloo, IL

#3 Apr 7, 2010
mig vanover know's the recipe
The source

Columbia, IL

#4 Apr 7, 2010
My parents owned the restaurant from 1971-1979. They bought it from Erma Gotway and sold it to Nevois. She has the recipe.
Debbie

Waterloo, IL

#5 Apr 7, 2010
Susie wrote:
1 10 1/2 oz can of tomato soup
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tbs worchestershire sauce
1 peeled garlic clove or 1/2 tsp garlic salt/powder
1 finely chopped onion (opt)
Put in jar and shake well......don't forget the beets!
Dang, I just found it and you beat me to it.Loved their salad w/beets.Jeans tavern cole slaw,yummy!
what

Columbia, IL

#6 Apr 7, 2010
what does this go on?? salad??
CPB

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Apr 8, 2010
Are you the Susie that used to work in the kitchen in the mid 70's?
Susie

Columbia, IL

#8 Apr 8, 2010
yes, it goes on a salad and no, I did not work in the kitchen in the 70's. I just have the recipe and it is the only salad dressing we use.
cousin

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Apr 11, 2010
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>Dang, I just found it and you beat me to it.Loved their salad w/beets.Jeans tavern cole slaw,yummy!
Yes don't forget the beets. thank you for the recipe. While you are talking recipe's does anyone know how to make the sauce that went on the fish sandwiches at Snap's.
noni

Saint Louis, MO

#10 May 5, 2010
Thank you Susie I am going to make some right now. YUM!!!!!! Can't wait!!!
john boy

La Porte City, IA

#11 May 12, 2010
Snaps had sauce on their burgers I dont remember any fish sandwiches from snaps. The hamburger sauce was just thousand island dressing.
Not true

Chicago, IL

#12 May 12, 2010
It was not 1000 island dressing!!
Over the Rainbow

United States

#13 May 12, 2010
I guarantee you that the "special sauce" that they used at Snap's WAS NOT 1,000 Island Dressing. My mom actually worked there during the lunch periods at school and made many gallons of that stuff over the years. I will try and find the recipe, but it was definitely NOT 1,000 Island Dressing. I know a lot of the kids were "hooked" on those hamburgers and sauce. Good memories!!!
SOUTHERN COMFORT

Chicago, IL

#14 May 14, 2010
Oh please get the recipe. I too don't remember the fish sandwich, only the hamburger with the sauce. I also know it wasn't 1000 Island. If I remember right it was almost like a sweet and sour sauce.
opud

Saint Louis, MO

#15 May 15, 2010
what years did pat and jerry haberl own it before rich burned it down
cousin

Saint Louis, MO

#16 May 15, 2010
SOUTHERN COMFORT wrote:
Oh please get the recipe. I too don't remember the fish sandwich, only the hamburger with the sauce. I also know it wasn't 1000 Island. If I remember right it was almost like a sweet and sour sauce.
Am I the only one to remember that they had sauce on their fish. Every Friday we would have fish sandwiches,with their good sauce. Loved it. Kind of sweet and sour taste. Good food memories.
buttlick

Mcminnville, OR

#17 Nov 23, 2011
I want the recipe for the mexican hamburgers that where served in the cafeteria every Friday, anyone have that? It was like sloppy joes but I want the actual recipe.
Nellys Cooking

Milaca, MN

#18 Aug 30, 2014
Susie wrote:
yes, it goes on a salad and no, I did not work in the kitchen in the 70's. I just have the recipe and it is the only salad dressing we use.
Who has the recipe for the coleslaw I gotta have it please please please tell me
cacti

East Saint Louis, IL

#19 Sep 1, 2014
didnt the haberls have it when it burned down
Momie Dearest

Belleville, IL

#20 Sep 3, 2014
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>Dang, I just found it and you beat me to it.Loved their salad w/beets.Jeans tavern cole slaw,yummy!
Can you post the coleslaw recipe??? It was really goood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friday Night Showdown on Godin 3 hr Rollo 3
whiney crybabies 7 hr Oh boo hoo 8
Thursday Showdown on Godin Thu Rollo 1
Boo Hoo Sep 20 Boo Hoo 1
Wednesday Showdown on Godin Sep 20 Rollo 1
Tuesday Showdown on Godin Sep 19 Rollo 1
Suspicious activity please be careful Sep 18 Rollo 2

Dupo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance