Milf

Waterloo, IL

#82 Apr 13, 2011
hello
Houghee2

Greenwood, IN

#83 Apr 16, 2011
Carl Blake wrote:
What was the highest grades that Hough ever taught?
I know from 6 th grade there was junion high at Dupo but I remember getting into a closed at Hough and finding a lot of science gear like maybe they taugh higher grades there before.
Wow! Carl, it's onetime across the street neighbor, Nova.
Yes, Hough was a grades 1-8 school when we moved to north Dupo.

Ah, the days of Flooded Acres....

How are you doing? And of course, how's Carol?
Butch_ of Flooded Acres

Lafayette, LA

#84 Apr 17, 2011
My God! A Blast from the past!
I am thrilled to connect with you after all these years.
Sis is living in MO, Married to John(ex MoPac) and is a busy grandmother. Send me an email at [email protected] and I'll give you her address. She would be thrilled.
PS did you know there is an old Hough School class picture out there on the internet and I THINK you are in it. Id like to confirm that. Send me an email and I'll connect you to it.
I am still working. Do genealogy in spare time.
Butch
Carl

Lafayette, LA

#85 Apr 22, 2011
North Dupo student wrote:
anyone remember Mr. White? He was the principal around 1961 1963. I can't remember the janitor's name but he was a great person to us kids. The kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Slago. You're right about the field looking bigger, the slide looked like it was as tall as the building.
Wasn't the janitor a Mr. Dixon? He drove a schoolbus too.
Houghee2

Greenwood, IN

#86 Apr 22, 2011
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>
HOUGH ELEM. 1950s MEMORIES

Carl, it's Nova, again. Have a few, vivid memories of Mr. White, our principal in the '50s. Don't remember the name of the our Floral Acres bus driver, only that he was strict but reasonably kind.

The bus driver I do recall drove the Falling Springs Rd route. According to my peers & my recollections, Mr. "Hinny" (not correct spelling) was a different story. He considered anything but the softest whispering which could be detected by being heard rather than seeing someone's lips moving a punishable offense.

One of my best friends, Beverly Brewer, lived on this route (along with Wayne Schaffner who was my "boyfriend" intermittently during elem. school). When I stayed overnight at Beverly's house, I'd ride on her bus. Because she worried that I might do something that would get us both in trouble, she'd remind me about Mr. Hinny's rules several times on the day of our bus ride.
Houghee2

Jacksonville, AR

#87 Mar 7, 2013
Help! Hough Grade School Classmates!

1950 thru 1960---Families & Friends of Same!

Would love to see copies of Hough Class Photos from these years!

(Mine went missing after many years & changing locations.)

Does anyone out there have one, any, all? Have any ideas where they could be found? Hough scrapbook? Willing to post?

Also, would be happy to hear from other, mostly living Hough classmates!
Laser Lady

Kansas City, MO

#88 Mar 7, 2013
Houghee2 wrote:
Help! Hough Grade School Classmates!
1950 thru 1960---Families & Friends of Same!
Would love to see copies of Hough Class Photos from these years!
(Mine went missing after many years & changing locations.)
Does anyone out there have one, any, all? Have any ideas where they could be found? Hough scrapbook? Willing to post?
Also, would be happy to hear from other, mostly living Hough classmates!
If you are on Facebook, there is a page called "You Grew Up in Dupo/East Carondelet if you ..." You may find some classmates on there.
MoFred

United States

#89 Dec 2, 2013
I went there from 78-84 (1st thru 6th)

Ms. Wolf in 1st,??? in second, Wamble in 3rd, Ms. Pleasant in 4th, Mrs. Farmer in 5th, and Duarte in 6th.

Mr. Murphy was the janitor but he died of cancer my 2nd grade year. Mrs. Horn was the principal and Mrs. Kelly (mom of Mizzou announcer Mike Kelly) was the secretary.

Of all of my school years those were the best!
Carl Blake

Lafayette, LA

#90 Dec 3, 2013
If you have Facebook search Dupo Community High School Class of 1963. If there is no picture of ;Hough school kids I will post it shortly.
class00

United States

#91 Dec 30, 2013
I remember ms.hoover and how she always talked about her dogs.... mrs smitt was always so sweet! Hough was the best :)
Houghee2

Jacksonville, AR

#92 Jan 1, 2014
Laser Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are on Facebook, there is a page called "You Grew Up in Dupo/East Carondelet if you ..." You may find some classmates on there.
Thank you. I'm on FB occasionally & will look.
Moman

Saint Louis, MO

#93 Jan 31, 2014
I went to Hough from 1946 to 1954. Coal fired steam engines went by and made lots of noise everyday. Sometime the teacher would just stop talking until the train cleared the school. As you can tell I am an old dude.
Butch

Lafayette, LA

#94 Feb 1, 2014
Moman wrote:
I went to Hough from 1946 to 1954. Coal fired steam engines went by and made lots of noise everyday. Sometime the teacher would just stop talking until the train cleared the school. As you can tell I am an old dude.
Hey MoMan!
Did you live in North Dupo or in Flora Acres?
I am tryi8ng to find out when the first house in Flora Acres was built. Any Idea?
See my facebook group Flora Acres Families if you have an account. I am Carl Blake.
MMize

United States

#95 Feb 26, 2014
North Dupo student wrote:
anyone remember Mr. White? He was the principal around 1961 1963. I can't remember the janitor's name but he was a great person to us kids. The kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Slago. You're right about the field looking bigger, the slide looked like it was as tall as the building.
His name was Floyd Mize. He was my grandfather. It's nice that you have fond memories of him.
McBride-Forever

Waterloo, IL

#96 Dec 22, 2014
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>
The janitors were Mr. Mize, who drove the Yazoo lawn mower and Mrs. Daniels. She did most of the light work on the inside of the building.
cjb1945

Lafayette, LA

#97 Dec 22, 2014
Moman wrote:
Moman! Who are you? check out my facebook pages DCHS class 0f 1 963 and Flora Acres Families.

Carl (Butch) Blake
7 year Hough kid

Carrier Mills, IL

#98 Dec 22, 2014
Hough School Kid wrote:
I went to Hough School also and started out with Ms. Schlegel in kindergarten. I had Mrs. Womble in 3rd grade or 4th grade; I think she got married and became Mrs. Secrease. She was a teacher from hell! Mr. White was our principal and I was in Mr. Naumoff's class in the sixth grade when President Kennedy was shot. I did not have Ms. Mund, but I know those that did and she was their favorite. I had Ms. Pleasant (I think) and she reminded me of Aunt Bee on Andy Griffth show. What memories. Did anyone out there graduate from Dupo High in 1972? If so, we graduated in the same class. This forum is awesome!
Hough School Kid, you must be mistaken. Kennedy was assassinated in '63. I was at Hough, in the 6th grade when it happened and I graduated from Dupo in '70. I was either in Mr. White's class or Mr. Waters class. Mr. Waters taught half a day at E.C. and half a day at Hough.
lee

Kansas City, MO

#99 Dec 28, 2014
Love old school
One of the Hill boys

Poplar Bluff, MO

#100 Jun 5, 2015
I moved from Waterloo to North Dupo in '66. I had Ms Bucholtz for 6th grade. Haven't seen anyone mention her.
Dupo78

East Saint Louis, IL

#101 Jun 15, 2015
Dupo dad20 wrote:
2nd grade had Mrs Hemingway, Sheryl Lynn
I remember Sherl Lynn, Mr.Ross , 6th Grade Mr.Peterson he sure could sure swing a paddle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cahokia Trucking/Cahokia Hauling (May '11) 5 hr M R R 18
Dish customers 13 hr woof 4
School 14 hr Brian Buttlick 14
drivers license renewal 14 hr Brian Buttlick 3
juan gilliam (Aug '10) 16 hr illini 17
Sandy Banda Mon Sad situation 1
all lives matter!!! Jul 24 deliverance 28

Dupo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance