PTA Meeting

Posted in the Dupo Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Are You Kidding Me

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 6, 2008
 
Bluffview PTA is holding their March meeting tonight March 6, 2008 at 7pm in the Bluffview cafeteria.

All are welcome.

Babysitting provided.
Dupo Parent

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 15, 2008
 
PTA meeting at the high school this monday at 7 p.m. I wish anyone that was involved in the drug bust to come and we can help your kids get back in school.
resident mom

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 16, 2008
 
Dupo Parent wrote:
PTA meeting at the high school this monday at 7 p.m. I wish anyone that was involved in the drug bust to come and we can help your kids get back in school.
Is this a serious post?? The school board has voted to expell those kids. How can the pta help get the kids back in school? They even have to put buying teacher supplies past Bione for approval...Just asking...
white in dupo

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 16, 2008
 
Dupo Parent wrote:
PTA meeting at the high school this monday at 7 p.m. I wish anyone that was involved in the drug bust to come and we can help your kids get back in school.
i can't believe their even considering letting those punks back in school. they need to go to school in juevenile detention.
Are You Kidding Me

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 17, 2008
 
For crying out loud people...the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) meetings are the 1st Thursday of the month...our next meeting is April 3rd at 7pm...This is the PTA for Bluffview Elementary...we have NOTHING to do with the drug bust...the students involved...getting them in or out of SCHOOL...END OF DISCUSSION

Let me go out on a limb here...Dupo Parent, resident mom and white in dupo...that you have never been to a PTA meeting...because if you had you would not have left such a ridiculous post.
resident mom

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 17, 2008
 
Are You Kidding Me wrote:
For crying out loud people...the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) meetings are the 1st Thursday of the month...our next meeting is April 3rd at 7pm...This is the PTA for Bluffview Elementary...we have NOTHING to do with the drug bust...the students involved...getting them in or out of SCHOOL...END OF DISCUSSION
Let me go out on a limb here...Dupo Parent, resident mom and white in dupo...that you have never been to a PTA meeting...because if you had you would not have left such a ridiculous post.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! U may want to re-read my post before u lump me in with those people. I knew that wasnt a serious post. Give me a break. And fyi, i HAVE been to a pta meeting. I stopped going as soon as i saw how Bione and Koebel think they rule even a pta meeting. And how the pta is so exasperated at how they have to get their approval for the smallest things. Those two are all about lying to people's faces and passing the buck onto the next person, when they have been caught lying. Just so u know. Therefore, i choose to support the pta, teachers and kids from afar.
WTF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 17, 2008
 
What a shame! You think they (Bione and Koebel) are bad so you quit coming. Figures! You are doing absolutely nothing from afar! All you would have had to do is speak your peace with both of them at a meeting, but no - you choose to quit coming. Boy - what a help! BTW - Dr. Koebel has only been to one PTA meeting this year - so exactly when did you come to a PTA meeting. Mr. Bione isn't there most of the time either - it is usually Ms. Coppel.(This year anyway).

However, I do agree that your post wasn't part of the morons (white in dupo and dupo parent) posts.
PTA President

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 17, 2008
 
Dupo Parent wrote:
PTA meeting at the high school this monday at 7 p.m. I wish anyone that was involved in the drug bust to come and we can help your kids get back in school.
The PTA is NOT involved in any meeting regarding drugs or anything else going on at the high school.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that someone would try and impersonate any organization and spread wrong information. In the future, if anyone has any questions regarding ANY meeting or event that the PTA is involved in, you can reach any PTA board member or call the Bluffview Elementary school office. Thanks.
Are You Kidding Me

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 17, 2008
 
I guess you are right 'resident mom'...you should not have been included in my rant, like the other two idiots...however, how do you support from afar? We need more support on the front line...if you have an opinion voice it...stand up for what you believe...don't let the voices of other nay sayers be your voice too!!

Sitting back and watching is not the same as rolling up your sleeves and making things happen. It's time to get off your duff and bring your support front and center.
WTF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 17, 2008
 
Are You Kidding Me - Now you know it is easier to bitch about the situation on topix than it is to actually show up to a PTA meeting and Mr. Bione and Dr. Koebel that you think they have too much input in the meeting. hehehe!!! What a joke!!!
white in dupo

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 17, 2008
 
WTF wrote:
What a shame! You think they (Bione and Koebel) are bad so you quit coming. Figures! You are doing absolutely nothing from afar! All you would have had to do is speak your peace with both of them at a meeting, but no - you choose to quit coming. Boy - what a help! BTW - Dr. Koebel has only been to one PTA meeting this year - so exactly when did you come to a PTA meeting. Mr. Bione isn't there most of the time either - it is usually Ms. Coppel.(This year anyway).
However, I do agree that your post wasn't part of the morons (white in dupo and dupo parent) posts.
WHO YOU CALLING A MORON A**HOLE MUST BE ONE OF YOUR KIDS THAT WAS SUSPENDED. PTS'S ABOUT AS USELESS AS THE MEMBERS IN IT. WHAT GOOD HAS IT DONE?? DID IT STOP THEM FROM TAKING THE SHOP CLASSES AWAY, OR OTHER PROGRAMS??
Are You Kidding Me

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 17, 2008
 
Apparently we struck a chord...you should have typed "Who ARE you calling a moron," I can't follow the rest of the gibberish...What is a PTS? Frankly, I was not aware of shop class being offered to elementary students.

Let me remind you that the PTA is for the ELEMENTARY students. As a matter of fact, we would like to seek extra curricular classes offered, perhaps more music and science…but since the majority of the parents in this school district would rather dish out excuses of why they can’t help pointing fingers saying what should be done…then actually showing up offering their assistance or voicing their concerns…nothing is going to change.

So, white in dupo, keep on YELLING and COMPLAINING on topix…putting down the efforts what the few are trying to improve…why not come up with a solution…if Shop Class is important to you why not see what YOU can do to bring it back? Perhaps get together with others that would like to bring it back…start a booster club…raise some money…show your children you care instead of crying that SOMEONE took it away. Why not be the SOMEONE that brings it back.
resident mom

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 18, 2008
 
Are You Kidding Me wrote:
I guess you are right 'resident mom'...you should not have been included in my rant, like the other two idiots...however, how do you support from afar? We need more support on the front line...if you have an opinion voice it...stand up for what you believe...don't let the voices of other nay sayers be your voice too!!
Sitting back and watching is not the same as rolling up your sleeves and making things happen. It's time to get off your duff and bring your support front and center.
Well, since u have called me out, let me defend myself briefly. I have helped chapperone several of the dances held at the school, helped with the spaghetti dinners, and the craft fairs. And I always send in stuff when a pta member has asked me to.
I find it hard to believe that someone like you is involved with the pta. You get on topix and attack me, when u know nothing about me, go on a rant, and attack other people for not getting more involved. It is people like u who also keep me from your precious meetings. I choose not to go, because i hate our school administration. But pta members keep me up to speed and ask me for help with various projects when needed. I rather like the arrangement. It also keeps me out of the ever-present drama going on!
Bluffview Rocks

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 18, 2008
 
Bluffview is one of the jewels of Dupo and not because of the newer building. The reason is how well the school educates our youth. Our students test just as well or better than many of the higher income communities.

Here is why because of the teachers, administrators (mainy Bione), and the PTAs involvement.

While we complain about Bione, he makes sure the teachers are teaching and disciplines the best possible ways. He sticks with the handbook and leaves little to disagree with pertaining to that. He has what I would call a thankless job. He can't make everyone happy. I am sure there are more happy than disgruntle parents with him.
Bluffview PTA

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 18, 2008
 
Whoa, folks, I really think the point that is trying to be made here is that the PTA relies on volunteers, plain and simple. Resident mom, thank you for your support at events and I understand if you do not wish to attend meetings, but you also have to understand the frustration the board members face with the lack of volunteers at the school. There are over 700 children at Bluffview Elementary and only a handful of volunteers. We send communication home with students, only to be informed that we didn’t provide information to parents. We sent a questionnaire home, only to receive a handful of responses from parents.
My question is this: What would happen if the PTA at Bluffview ceased to exist? Gone would be the dances, the Santa shop, the Fall Festival/Craft Fair, school picnic, book fairs, spaghetti dinners, lunch with the Easter bunny, and skating parties. Not to mention the funds the PTA has provided to purchase new Audio Visual Equipment, the funds given to the teachers for their participation and running of the booths at the Fall Festival. The point is the PTA does give back to the school, they do provide a valuable service to the school, and without the support of parents, the PTA cannot continue to host the events they do.
In closing, if anyone would like to communicate with the PTA, please email us with suggestions, comments, etc... We really do appreciate the comments, suggestions, etc of not only the parents, but the teachers and administration as well. We need to work as a team and in order do this; we really do need communication between all parties involved.

Our email is BluffviewPTA@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time.
WTF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 18, 2008
 
Resident Mom - I really wasn't getting on you. I just don't agree with you that you help out from afar. As I said before - I think that you should come and voice your opinion on what you don't like. It is those comments from people like you that make changes. If complaints are not being heard - everyone thinks everything is going fine -so nothing gets changed. Come and voice your opinion. This is also your opportunity to voice your opinion about administration that you don't agree with. Come and make a difference! The PTA needs you to be heard! The negatives is most likely what makes positives.
PTA President

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 19, 2008
 
resident mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since u have called me out, let me defend myself briefly. I have helped chapperone several of the dances held at the school, helped with the spaghetti dinners, and the craft fairs. And I always send in stuff when a pta member has asked me to.
I find it hard to believe that someone like you is involved with the pta. You get on topix and attack me, when u know nothing about me, go on a rant, and attack other people for not getting more involved. It is people like u who also keep me from your precious meetings. I choose not to go, because i hate our school administration. But pta members keep me up to speed and ask me for help with various projects when needed. I rather like the arrangement. It also keeps me out of the ever-present drama going on!
Thanks for whatever help you have given the PTA and thanks to those that are defending our PTA. I sincerely hope that you have not encountered any "Drama" with this new PTA board as we are not about "Drama". And as far as the administration of the school system on all/any levels....I will tell you that, personally, I am not a fan either. Whether it be my childs teacher, the school board, principals, etc..... even though I have these dislikes I'm still here doing things and trying to get things done so that my child and others have some things to look forward to at Bluffview. Now, I know this is probably something that I should keep to myself being in the position that I am in and I know people will talk but I really don't care. I'm here for my child and the other kids at Bluffview. Our current PTA board marches to our own beat and there is no drama. We do alot of complaining about our weight, our full time jobs, our kids & their homework and the occassional husband (not mine of course, he's perfect)! However, we don't do that during our meetings and we don't have executive sessions! You'll hear all that complaining amongst ourselves before the meeting starts!
don

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 19, 2008
 
Becky I am so glad that current board is so PERFECT!!!!!! And you sure do march to your own beat!
really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 19, 2008
 
Well that sounds like drama to me. Anyway - who cares about the drama - there is drama everywhere and is in everything and EVERY organization. The most important thing here is the kids, lets not forget that point.

At every PTA meeting - there usually isn't drama, however that is what happens before the meetings. That is the drama! I can tell you that the previous board also did a wonderful job for the PTA. Let's not pat our own backs and remember the mess the last board had when they took over from scratch. Also - as far back and I can remember going to PTA meetings - there are never executive sessions during a meeting. Issues were discussed and organized before the actual meeting, but never executive sessions during a PTA meeting.

PTA President

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 19, 2008
 
don wrote:
Becky I am so glad that current board is so PERFECT!!!!!! And you sure do march to your own beat!
I don't think I know a Don? Nobody said we were perfect, not by a long shot. And by marching to our own beat, I mean we do what we can when we can. There haven't been any reasons to involve anyone at the school board level. I hope this wasn't a personal attack of any measure because my email above certainly was not. I merely pointed out that we all have things we don't like or agree with but we do things anyway for the best interest of our kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Dupo Forum right now

Search the Dupo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Norton 48,701
Where did Pazzo's Pizza move to??? (Aug '13) 5 hr Nunya 14
4th of July at Dupo Park (Jul '11) 8 hr and so 21
Where are the Ponds, pay lakes, catfishing lake... (Aug '10) 11 hr carol 28
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 15 hr newpoly 3,820
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 15 hr newpoly 1,832
reggie allen Sat just sayn 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dupo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dupo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dupo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dupo
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••