First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Galatia Il

United States

#1 Apr 23, 2007
I live in Galatia IL. We have a police officer named Tom Maynor. I have heard a lot of things that make me uncomfortable with this man being our police officer. We were told that he was a officer in Dupo. If any body has any info on this guy please post.
Mandy

Belleville, IL

#2 Apr 23, 2007
The name does not sound familiar. I did a google search on his name though and it looks like he used to be an officer in Goloconda, Il in Pope County. Most of our officers in Dupo are usually people who grew up here as well.
Galatia Il

United States

#3 Apr 24, 2007
I was told he was asked to leave the police dept. in Dupo for taking pictures of women in the bathroom. Does this ring a bell for anybody?
dupo watcher

Peoria, AZ

#4 Apr 24, 2007
i believe I read a blog on this . I think he sued Dupo . Not sure where the info was now, but I looked up dupo board of directors and Entered in the names of the board members and found some kind of court action with that info. hope this helps.
Yellow

Belleville, IL

#5 Apr 26, 2007
I can remember him from when I lived there. He was a piece of work. I do kinda remember some things about him in town but I cannot remember exactly what happened. I will ask around again and see.
Tom Maynor

Paducah, KY

#6 Jun 13, 2007
I find in life if you listen to dumb people you will get led down the wrong path. If I have a question about someone I go to that person and get the truth. So to answer your question no I was not asked to leave dupo. As a matter of fact when i left i received the dedicated service award in 2001. But I would like to thank you for your interest in my life.
Tom Maynor

Paducah, KY

#7 Jun 13, 2007
Galatia Il wrote:
I live in Galatia IL. We have a police officer named Tom Maynor. I have heard a lot of things that make me uncomfortable with this man being our police officer. We were told that he was a officer in Dupo. If any body has any info on this guy please post.

Trust me you should not be uncomfortable with me. I think you should be more concerned about one leader that is a theif. If you have any questions try acting like an adult and ask me rather than hide and take the coward route. You might get the answers your looking for. Thanks for being so interested in me that makes me proud to know you care.:)
mandy

United States

#8 Jun 14, 2007
Tom Maynor wrote:
I find in life if you listen to dumb people you will get led down the wrong path. If I have a question about someone I go to that person and get the truth. So to answer your question no I was not asked to leave dupo. As a matter of fact when i left i received the dedicated service award in 2001. But I would like to thank you for your interest in my life.
So you answered the question about whether you were asked to leave or not but you never answered if you actually took pictures of women in the bathroom. You want people to know the truth from your mouth, then speak the truth!
Tom Maynor

Paducah, KY

#9 Jun 14, 2007
mandy wrote:
<quoted text>
So you answered the question about whether you were asked to leave or not but you never answered if you actually took pictures of women in the bathroom. You want people to know the truth from your mouth, then speak the truth!
Well mandy now I really feel like a celebrity. No I did not take any pics of any woman in any bathroom anywhere. I was accused of this but it was proven not to be true. The people that slandered me were made to compensate me. Now I live pretty well and so will my children. People need to be carefull how they talk about others. IP address can be tracked. The hole Slander thing pays well. Good Day.
mandy

Belleville, IL

#10 Jun 15, 2007
I do not believe I ever said a bad word about you. I just wanted to know honestly because of nosey-ness. And I know wveryone else on here probably was thinking the same thing anyway. If you read up further I was the one who never even heard of you before. So go ahead look me up! At least I didnt hide behine a fake name like other people do!
Cop

Waterloo, IL

#11 Jun 15, 2007
Galatia Il wrote:
I think common sense really needs to prevail here. I'm sure the PD where you live does extensive background checks before they hire an officer. If anything odd would have came up I'm sure they wouldn't have hired him. Dupo is a small town and rumors fly and get bigger as they go. Especially being an officer, if you arrest or give tickets to the wrong people they act like its the officers fault instead of owning up to the fact that they broke the law.
Jan Irvin

Paducah, KY

#12 Jun 18, 2007
I think people need to grow up. Officer Maynor saved my sister-inlaws life in a flood in 1997. He is a hero and was awarded for his actions. Now Mr.Maynor is a Chief of Police. People need to stop being so quick to judge others. Life is way to short for that. I think Cop from Waterloo says it best "common sense needs to pervail". This Galatia person sound like they got a ticket or arrested for something. Sounds way to personal to me.
Tommy Maynor

Columbia, IL

#13 Jul 3, 2007
holy crap ...what is this comment about tommy maynor taking pictures of people in the bathroom. Does red know? how is jerry bonds doing these days?
Tommy Maynor

Columbia, IL

#14 Jul 3, 2007
Tom Maynor Pope County Sheriff's Department, Golconda

On the evening of March 1, 1997, deputy sheriff Tom Maynor was looking for flood damage when he saw a car had washed off the road and a woman was clinging to the luggage rack as the water rushed past. Without a rope or anything to secure him, the deputy waded through the chest-high water to rescue the woman. Both the woman and the deputy were treated at Massac Memorial Hospital in Metropolis for hypothermia.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/public/press97/he...
Dupo policeman

Waterloo, IL

#15 Aug 3, 2007
Mr. Maynor maybe you could help with this. I live in Dupo and was recently pulled over by one of our finest who appears to have just left grade school, most may know this person. Anyway, I was pulled over as he stated, for going through a yellow light. When did that become legit?
St Louis

Belleville, IL

#16 Aug 7, 2007
Dupo policeman wrote:
Mr. Maynor maybe you could help with this. I live in Dupo and was recently pulled over by one of our finest who appears to have just left grade school, most may know this person. Anyway, I was pulled over as he stated, for going through a yellow light. When did that become legit?
Most of the Dupo cops now-a-days look like they just left grade school. I have noticed that as well.
The real Tom Maynor

Paducah, KY

#17 Aug 10, 2007
I wish I could help you with that...but the truth is I am still scared of Chief Doug Keys. lol. Only a joke. Talk to Doug and see what he says. Doug is a good guy. Hope that helps some.
checkersfire

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Nov 17, 2007
whats up maynard, by the way, the incident you are all talking about with the pictures, it was my camera, IT WAS ALL BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION. all because someone was pissed off because maynard wrote their family member a ticket I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT. hey maynard, email me a [email protected]
Former Galatia Resident

United States

#19 Apr 13, 2008
Jerry Bond is alive and walking,just seen him the other day.
about dupo

United States

#20 May 13, 2008
I do know that I went to a sportspage bar with the group of police (one being mentioned) some years ago and one of them, I'm not saying by name so as not to slander! brought a young girl who said she was 18. She was given beer without question. I do not drink so I was driving. Everyone else including officers and the chief drove and appeared to be very drunk. I myself questioned the chief and was told "who is going to stop us and were not driving far". I'm sure this happens other places and i'm not saying this to bash anyone but there were a couple of officers who would hang around the high school and alow the young teenage girls to hang at their windows of the cop cars and flirt for long lenghts of time. Now it seems like all the officers are teenagers themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breakfast on Godin 28 min Richard Rollo 5
Fight Day Friday on Godin 2 hr The real Mike Wil... 4
crackheads on McBride 5 hr IPound 2
Monday Night Fights on Godin Thu FAT UGLY MONYA 15
Midnight on Godin Thu FAT UGLY MONYA 2
Tuesday on Godin Thu FAT UGLY MONYA 7
Showdown Wednesday on Godin Thu Dick Blisterod 2

Dupo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance