Columbia, IL

#44 Nov 4, 2008
What employees do they intimidated?
Inside

Hecker, IL

#46 Nov 4, 2008
board wrote:
What employees do they intimidated?
I think the only ones that are intimidated are the ones that know they are not doing their job. My daughter is a teacher and has nothing but good to say about some of these members and the decisions they have made. She says the problem is the principals are sometimes intimidated by the teachers that have been there longer than they have in charge. The board does not take the tests but have been trying to come up with new ways to improve the scores.
Hank

Waterloo, IL

#47 Nov 4, 2008
NANCY wrote:
<quoted text>JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THAT DOESNT MEAN YOUR NOT A PIECE OF SHIT AND YOU DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE AND I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE EVERYONE THINKS EVERYONE ELSE NEEDS TO AGREE WITH THEM AND IF THEY DONT THEY ARE SHIT SO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT IN MY MIND THANK YOU HAVE A NICE DAY LOL
I think a person can simply read both peoples post and figure out who the piece of sh-t is.
Those who vote Nancy is a piece of shit, please stand up.
Hank

Waterloo, IL

#48 Nov 4, 2008
old dupo wrote:
What difference does make where the new superintendent lives as long as he/she is good and can help. The vast majority of teachers don't live here. I want the best person for the job regardless. Our children deserve the best.
I agree. The problem with having a SI homegrown from a small community is that they are most likely tainted by small town politics. Bringing someone in that can have a completly objective view is always the best bet.
Hank

Waterloo, IL

#49 Nov 4, 2008
NANCY wrote:
<quoted text>I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE TO YOUR DUMB ASS EITHER.AND IF YOU READ WE WERENT DISAGREEING ABOUT WHAT THE OTHER HAS SO KEEP YOUR MIND IN YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND OUT OF OURS THANKS DICK
Classsssy. Can i sit down yet?
NOPE

United States

#50 Nov 4, 2008
Sounds like a board member on the list here....They dont need no pat on the back and Ms. Horn has a 1 track mind, seems like it anyway. They need to listen to the parants more. They did do a good job by getting Harris in there. He seems to be doing a good job.
Poor Dumb Nancy

Collingswood, NJ

#51 Nov 4, 2008
NANCY wrote:
well jay-cee if its any of your business they havent been to the office and they are not terrors and you dont even know me you think you know who i am but im not her so there and i never said anything bad about the school board at all i was making a statement about they person who thinks she or he is better than anyone else on here thats all so dont know what to tell you
The period button on your keyboard is located below the L. That's the little dot you put in between sentences. I understand, school got to be too tough by the 3rd grade and you had to drop out. At least you learned how to spell all the best cuss words before you quit!
Nancys friend

Mount Vernon, IL

#52 Nov 4, 2008
Don't let them get to ya.I guess it was too quiet in Dupo so they put names in a hat and pulled yours.Give it a week. By next Monday they will be on someone else's ass.

“make it so”

Since: Oct 08

Dupo

#53 Nov 5, 2008
old dupo wrote:
Glad you talked to some of them and that sounds like a good and logical plan. I'm just thinking if the best person is local (Waterloo, Freeburg,Belleville etc.) they may not wish to move given toady's climate. If they come from out of the county they should move here. Gripes me that only a very few teachers send their kids here.
this is true but that has to be negotiated in thier contrat , i am all for that also.

“make it so”

Since: Oct 08

Dupo

#54 Nov 5, 2008
contract
old Dupo

Belleville, IL

#55 Nov 5, 2008
That won't happen. Who are our better coaches who aren't coaching? If you mean Mauser, he left some time ago and I understand he was not forced out.
new board

Columbia, MO

#56 Mar 12, 2013
OK- April 9th new board members for the school board! Hofstetter is re-running for his seat and i think there are 3 more? I beleive 5 people are running for those.
Running

Columbia, IL

#57 Mar 18, 2013
There are 6 people running for four seats. They are Eric Hofstetter, Tim Stanberry, Jaci Durbin-DeClue, David Hamm, Barb Larson and Linda Stoll.
Vote

Columbia, IL

#58 Apr 6, 2013
Don't forget to get out and vote on Tuesday, April 9th!
hah

Warrensburg, MO

#59 Apr 6, 2013
Great Band wrote:
Board of Education and District Positions
Dupo Unit School District 196 Board of Education
Board Member
Position
Mr. Eric Hofstetter
President
Mr. Mark nadler vice-president
Mr. Mike Kloess Secretary
Mr. Gerald Harvell treasurer
ms. anita dell member
MS. Georgia Horn member
MS. BETH DONALD member
pretty sad school bored i would say.only care about there kids.
haha

United States

#60 Apr 6, 2013
With the closing of the East St. Louis high school and 69 teacher layoffs in Cahokia, it will un doubtfully send others running. It's been decided to bus those two districts between Dupo, Columbia and Waterloo, from grade school up to high school grade levels. Now the fine uppity citizens of each of the 3 mentioned districts can pay outrageous property taxes to bus thousands of that elimate in.
Well

Columbia, IL

#61 Apr 6, 2013
haha wrote:
With the closing of the East St. Louis high school and 69 teacher layoffs in Cahokia, it will un doubtfully send others running. It's been decided to bus those two districts between Dupo, Columbia and Waterloo, from grade school up to high school grade levels. Now the fine uppity citizens of each of the 3 mentioned districts can pay outrageous property taxes to bus thousands of that elimate in.
I'm sure the "fine uppity citizens of each of the 3 mentioned districts..." know that the word "ELIMATE" is actually spelled "ELEMENT". And "UNDOUBTEDLY" not "UN DOUBTFULLY" you were in special ed! I'll answer your question before you ask it. Yes, it feels great to spell and grammar check! It proves that some students did pay attention in class, versus sitting in the back of the class asleep, stoned or whatever the case may be.
nah

Columbia, MO

#62 Apr 8, 2013
They say that every year!!!
nah

Columbia, MO

#63 Apr 8, 2013
show me where it says kids from these districts will be bussed between Dupo, Columbia, amd Waterloo
Sheesh

Mount Vernon, IL

#64 Apr 8, 2013
Who all is on the board?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trucker aka Susan Stone (May '17) 4 hr Bad Schoolin 5
Democrats to shut down government 6 hr Mary 4
Rollo is a diiiippppshiiitttt 14 hr Rollo 4
Is dupo a racist town? (Aug '08) Jan 14 Seer 49
anyone know tony finchen?? (Jul '10) Jan 9 Anonymous 38
Yard Jerker Jan 7 Goober gobbler Mike 5
Moving back Jan 6 Rollo 23

Dupo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance