First Prev
of 4
Next Last
resident

United States

#1 Oct 28, 2008
Hello all...does anyone know the list of board members? Is Ron Dell one of them? Need answer ASAP..Thanks
Laser Lady

Collierville, TN

#2 Oct 28, 2008
resident wrote:
Hello all...does anyone know the list of board members? Is Ron Dell one of them? Need answer ASAP..Thanks
I don't know about Ron Dell, but I'm pretty sure Eric Hofstetter is.

Since: Sep 08

Waterloo, IL

#3 Oct 28, 2008
Georgia Horn is also
Great Band

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Oct 28, 2008
Board of Education and District Positions

Dupo Unit School District 196 Board of Education

Board Member
Position
Mr. Eric Hofstetter
President
Mr. Mark nadler vice-president
Mr. Mike Kloess Secretary
Mr. Gerald Harvell treasurer
ms. anita dell member
MS. Georgia Horn member
MS. BETH DONALD member
Janis

Hecker, IL

#5 Oct 28, 2008
resident wrote:
No, not Ron Dell his wife Anita is and Jay Harvell, Eric Hofstetter, Beth Donald, Georgia Horn, Mike Kloess.
Janis

Hecker, IL

#6 Oct 28, 2008
and Mark Nadler
BBB

Gillespie, IL

#7 Oct 28, 2008
Mrs. Horn was always very good to talk to and I know Anita as well she is a great person.
Ralph

Hecker, IL

#8 Oct 28, 2008
Wow, long time since I have been involved with the school. I thought Dick Dillinger and Brian Thompson were on the board?
dsunshine

Columbia, IL

#9 Oct 28, 2008
resident wrote:
Are you going to go after them because I want to too. The school system is a JOKE.
Ralph

Hecker, IL

#10 Oct 28, 2008
dsunshine wrote:
<quoted text> Are you going to go after them because I want to too. The school system is a JOKE.
Then get off here and get to the meeting. I'm sure they are just dying to hear your input. No matter what they do, they will never make everyone happy. Remember they get paid big money to serve on the board and give up time from their own jobs, activities and families. I realize some of them don't do much, but some of them do everything.
Dupo Grad

Waterloo, IL

#11 Oct 28, 2008
dsunshine wrote:
<quoted text> Are you going to go after them because I want to too. The school system is a JOKE.
Give me a break. Maybe it is you that is a joke as a parent. Education starts in the home. What do you do to foster that education?
Run for the board if you can do a better job. Sick of hearing people complain and not doing anything to help make a change.
Ralph

Hecker, IL

#12 Oct 28, 2008
Dupo Grad wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break. Maybe it is you that is a joke as a parent. Education starts in the home. What do you do to foster that education?
Run for the board if you can do a better job. Sick of hearing people complain and not doing anything to help make a change.
You are right on! Probably the same parent that their kid has a "bad" teacher every year. Always everyone else causing the problem, not "their" kid. Why is it you hear the same names all the time? It has been this way for years, but seems to be getting worst.
dupo

Waterloo, IL

#13 Oct 28, 2008
Something needs to be done. The school's test scores at the high school level keep dropping. Seems our enrollment has been dropping also.

On a positive note, the scores at the elementary level keep rising and are pretty impressive.

The question is why are the scores dropping at the high school when the students seem to succeed at the elementary level and
dsunshine

Columbia, IL

#14 Oct 28, 2008
Dupo Grad wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't some of the stuff they are teaching a lot of parent's don't know are understand. And I'm sorry to tell you, but I am a parent that care's about there kid's education. If there is a problem I'm up there talking it over with Mr. Harris. Some kid's in that school get away with stuff that other's do not. Your supertendent doesn't care if the kid's pass or fail. I'm glad his gone next year. They told my son not to fight back and he wouldn't get suspended and he got his ass beat didn't swing one time and got kicked out for 3 day's. And another kid threated to blow the school up many time's and I think he got 2day's out of school. The next school year he was not aloud back in the school. Totally wrong.
board

Columbia, IL

#15 Oct 29, 2008
We need to elect some new board members in April.
taxpayer

United States

#16 Oct 29, 2008
whys that?
old dupo

Highland, IL

#17 Oct 29, 2008
Yeah that's what I'd like to know. I know all of those board memebers and they all care about kids and making our schools better.
duposunshine

Columbia, IL

#19 Oct 29, 2008
I agree, there are some teacher's that don't help like they should.
agree

United States

#20 Oct 29, 2008
board wrote:
We need to elect some new board members in April.
You are definitely right - we sure do!
not sure

Columbia, IL

#21 Oct 29, 2008
Ralph - Since when do School Board Members get paid big money? I always remember that being a "No Pay Thankless job" for dedicated people who ran for election and won.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friday Open Weight Challenge on Godin 1 hr Rollo 1
new adult bookstore in brooklyn (Dec '11) 10 hr Jeffj 58
I D channel 16 hr Rollo 4
Is dupo a racist town? (Aug '08) Jan 14 Seer 49
anyone know tony finchen?? (Jul '10) Jan 9 Anonymous 38
Yard Jerker Jan 7 Goober gobbler Mike 5
Moving back Jan 6 Rollo 23

Dupo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance