Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Dunn Forum

Comments (Page 1,693)

Showing posts 33,841 - 33,860 of49,338
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Hey Bacon, concerning your future travels, I was looking today and found Panama to be pretty attractive. Is this somewhere you've looked? I found a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house with an ocean "view" on 3 acres for $187k! Also, one of their incentives to attract Americans is that they're offering no taxes for the first 15 years! I may have to invest on a vacation house!!!
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

"Mexico’s president opposes legalizing marijuana, calls it ‘a gateway drug"
This was on Topix headlines,

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I thought they were five to six year colleges now!
yeah, if you're in"Animal House"!

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

There's a certain way to post profanity, to get it approved.Also,a relative working for Topix helps.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Insurance companies were against Obama care? I wonder why.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Why did the Insurance Companies lobby so strongly against The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care)?
I really don't understand how it's affordable. I feel sorry for those who can only be seen once a month for health care in a hospital. If someone had heart surgery the first week in a month and had to be seen three weeks later in the same month, Medicare will not pay for it. You could be seen, but you will also have a big bill. This is how I understood it. This is my two cents worth.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

LuLu wrote:
"Mexico’s president opposes legalizing marijuana, calls it ‘a gateway drug"
This was on Topix headlines,
Yeah, wouldn't want Mexico to have a drug problem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

TSF wrote:
My own feelings about insurance companies approaches hate. Turn loose on them. Anything to get the subject off those sickos and their perversions.
<quoted text>
TSF, I managed to find a feeling that somehow could outdo hate today. I won't bore you with all facts, but it was a homeowner's issue. I first started with what would make sense to most people, the insurance agency on my dad's homeowner's policy and from there it morphed from one run around to another to another... and every person I spoke with managed to get dumber, dumber and more dumberer!! Initially, I asked the first lady if the problem was covered under my dad's homeowners and I actually got this answer from her "Honey I don't know, I just work here and I have been for 33 years." I knew I was in trouble. Turns out they were only the agents that sold the insurance and after that I went through 3 insurance agencies and finally was told "your dad doesn't have a policy with us." I said he better have or else they owed him a good bit of money for all the checks I had written yearly to pay his premiums. Then they found an insurance agency, probably the Acme Insurance Company or something and told me they were owned by Liberty Mutual and I would need to speak to them because they had recently acquired several insurance companies. By this time my head is spinning around worse than the girl's head on the Exorcist and I'm one more "you'll need to speak to this person" from levitating and puking green through the phone. Finally, after numerous phone calls, and literally hours spent repeating my story to people like "Jen", "Matt", "what's going on, this is Josh" and "Kimmy", we found resolution. I had to pull out the big gun, "I'm calling the N.C. Insurance Commissioner and we'll let him settle this" and "hey Josh" managed to find someone over the age of 26, and it wasn't Jen's whose dog had died and she had to bury it with it's head toward the house so it could always see his home and what she was doing and Kimmy who had a voice like someone toking on a helium balloon. I think and let me reiterate, I THINK, tomorrow an adjuster is actually going to show up. You know TSF, there's no sense in what I went through today. I don't drink, but I was sorely tempted to start.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Why did the Insurance Companies lobby so strongly against The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care)?
i would say because Obamacare is going to put them all out of business by creating an unlevel playing field where the govt owns the ball and the field and they determine who wins (them) and who loses (the insurance companies). The govt shouldn't be in the insurance business, the real estate business, the transportation business, etc..., those jobs should be done by the private sector!

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

So, anybody here have medicare/Medicaid?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I managed to find a feeling that somehow could outdo hate today. I won't bore you with all facts, but it was a homeowner's issue. I first started with what would make sense to most people, the insurance agency on my dad's homeowner's policy and from there it morphed from one run around to another to another... and every person I spoke with managed to get dumber, dumber and more dumberer!! Initially, I asked the first lady if the problem was covered under my dad's homeowners and I actually got this answer from her "Honey I don't know, I just work here and I have been for 33 years." I knew I was in trouble. Turns out they were only the agents that sold the insurance and after that I went through 3 insurance agencies and finally was told "your dad doesn't have a policy with us." I said he better have or else they owed him a good bit of money for all the checks I had written yearly to pay his premiums. Then they found an insurance agency, probably the Acme Insurance Company or something and told me they were owned by Liberty Mutual and I would need to speak to them because they had recently acquired several insurance companies. By this time my head is spinning around worse than the girl's head on the Exorcist and I'm one more "you'll need to speak to this person" from levitating and puking green through the phone. Finally, after numerous phone calls, and literally hours spent repeating my story to people like "Jen", "Matt", "what's going on, this is Josh" and "Kimmy", we found resolution. I had to pull out the big gun, "I'm calling the N.C. Insurance Commissioner and we'll let him settle this" and "hey Josh" managed to find someone over the age of 26, and it wasn't Jen's whose dog had died and she had to bury it with it's head toward the house so it could always see his home and what she was doing and Kimmy who had a voice like someone toking on a helium balloon. I think and let me reiterate, I THINK, tomorrow an adjuster is actually going to show up. You know TSF, there's no sense in what I went through today. I don't drink, but I was sorely tempted to start.
Sorry for your frustrations but just another example of govt education hard at work!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
Hey Bacon, concerning your future travels, I was looking today and found Panama to be pretty attractive. Is this somewhere you've looked? I found a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house with an ocean "view" on 3 acres for $187k! Also, one of their incentives to attract Americans is that they're offering no taxes for the first 15 years! I may have to invest on a vacation house!!!
I have looked and they have great deals and especially for a second home. I'm going for more than a vacation. I have chosen the south end of the BVI's and they have great deals and a package similar to those in Panama regarding taxes but I think there's is only 5 years and also, I had to check into their health care facilities for my dad and brother and they're a little above Panama's, per their health care providers here; however, treatment will need to be in the northern part of the island, but the island is not very large, so no big deal. Pro, go for it and hey guy if you get a place, let me know, I'd rent her out for a week or two, IF I get a discount!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
No! But I know many who do.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

" Millionaires consider leaving California because of state income tax".......yeah , come to Texas boys, its legal to be rich in Texas ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't understand how it's affordable. I feel sorry for those who can only be seen once a month for health care in a hospital. If someone had heart surgery the first week in a month and had to be seen three weeks later in the same month, Medicare will not pay for it. You could be seen, but you will also have a big bill. This is how I understood it. This is my two cents worth.
Spoon, there's a lot and I may be speaking out of school that ALL of us don't understand about Obamacare. In the words of Nancy Pelosi, "We Have To Pass The Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It". Now that right there is a scary statement and that's my 2 cents worth.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
No! But I know many who do.
So do I.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Please ignore, while I take care of the problem. And something happened to my dolphin.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Pro, I hope you love gigantic snakes, and very poisonous ones as well, not to mention spiders as big as a dinner plate.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
No, I still have a few years to go.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

I know a guy moved to Panama.Snake ate his German shepherd.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 33,841 - 33,860 of49,338
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dunn Discussions

Search the Dunn Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Erwin High: 'dropout factory' (Oct '07) 20 hr mr pepper 300
White has parole hearing after serving 11 years (Jun '06) Wed gloria 91
Unicoi County Mayors Race Apr 9 New Guy 1
Review: Outlaw Rodeo Company Mar '14 monica burns 1
Review: Rogers Audio & Body Shop Feb '14 jazlyn 1
marijuana Jan '14 bmb 2
Local Jewish community kicks off annual celebra... (Dec '10) Jan '14 The Iron Dicktator 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dunn Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dunn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance