N.C. 12-year-old's death connected to...

N.C. 12-year-old's death connected to methadone overdose

There are 7 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 28, 2008, titled N.C. 12-year-old's death connected to methadone overdose. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

The Associated Press * published April 28, 2008 8:15 am Comments on Topix forums : Dunn The Department of Social Services is investigating the death of a 12-year-old boy who authorities believe died from a drug ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“BEAT A PAIR OF JACK'S & A FOX ”

Since: Feb 07

ASHEVILLE

#1 Apr 28, 2008
Another good of example of poor or no parenting. Such a terrible thing for such a young person. MAY GOD BLESS HIM.
Kweshunator

United States

#2 Apr 28, 2008
CJOHNNY wrote:
Another good of example of poor or no parenting. Such a terrible thing for such a young person. MAY GOD BLESS HIM.
How the hell do you know about the parents and the job they did? Were you there to observe? You have a lot of nerve. Even with the best hands on parenting children can go astray. The schools are filled with drugs and peer pressure. The DARE program is a flop and only serves to arouse curiosity. It could happen to anyone's kid.
death my anti-drug

United States

#3 Apr 29, 2008
I read about this last night. Just another reminder to all parents to put a lock on the med. cabnet. Children have such curiosity, and even the best parents cant keep an eye on them at all times. God bless the parents, what a extreamly devistating loss. So young, so young.
Tammy

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Aug 20, 2008
CJOHNNY wrote:
my parents where good parents did not think thier child would grow up to be hooked on drugs now i have been clean for 6 years but i started using at 9 years old my parents never knew want help for drugs go to a 12 step program but no one can help till you want it not even your parents
Lynn Williams

United States

#5 Aug 25, 2008
I moved from VA temporarily with my son of 10. Since then a Mother who was there for her son every day for 10 - 11 years,including pregnancy,
AND was physically and mentally abused by the psychotic ex - I trusted again let me into hell.
In front of my daughter and MY son - rare child support, no child support, on welfare while I was paying child support - left him in the custody of a pervert and sent me away. I saw him 30 minutes a month later and on Mother's Day for a couple hours. Can you imagine the damage they have done to my son and I who had been trying to get out of an abusive situation for 5 months?
My heart goes out to you Mom. I raised the greatest, smartest, fastest, tallest, kindest son of God - and this is how Johnston Co SS and CPS services did me. I live in VA - I have been a single parent for 20 years.
This is torture and they are wrong. Maybe they better focus on these young ones who need constant positive reinforcement, plus healthy activities to do, so they choose to say N0 before another terrific mom loses their Child
God Bless you and know he did not mean it!!
Trying to get happy, probobly.
Lynn

Since: May 07

Asheville, NC

#6 Aug 25, 2008
Kweshunator wrote:
<quoted text>How the hell do you know about the parents and the job they did? Were you there to observe? You have a lot of nerve. Even with the best hands on parenting children can go astray. The schools are filled with drugs and peer pressure. The DARE program is a flop and only serves to arouse curiosity. It could happen to anyone's kid.
When I was in 5th grade, the DARE officers came to my school and explained different drugs and their effects on a person. Then we each did a project where we made charts about different drugs and what they do. It was actually effective with me. I dont blame DARE for anyone choosing drugs. I blame a weak mentality for a failure to resist something that you know before you start can and will kill you.

Since: Jun 11

Pittsboro, NC

#7 Jun 24, 2011
I happen to know this family and for those talking about how crappy the parents are i would suggest yall go screw yourselves. if u have never dealt with the death of a child then u dont know, these people were ruined by this and they are still not right. they did not know what he was doing and he got the pills from someone else, not from his mom or dads medicine cabinet, he was 12 but he was already a partier, not saying he deserved it or anything close to that but people should know the whole story before they talk junk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bond set for felon caught in manhunt (Apr '12) 17 hr Freemyuncle 3
*~*!! Last Post Wins !!*~* (Dec '12) Jul 21 lover girl 2010 14
News Fire destroys ex-KKK leader's home (Apr '08) Jun '17 Phuckulibtards 19
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) May '17 Cheated 14
Finding Cole Thomas (Dec '16) May '17 Find Cole Thomas 8
Great Income Opportunities Mar '17 Creswell Corporat... 1
News Warrants: Man who disappeared in Benson involve... (Jan '17) Mar '17 Find Cole Thomas 2

Dunn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunn Mortgages