Perdue announces 1st Cabinet appointm...

Perdue announces 1st Cabinet appointments

There are 4 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jan 2, 2009, titled Perdue announces 1st Cabinet appointments. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

RALEIGH Gov.-elect Beverly Perdue on Friday named some holdovers from her predecessor's administration - as well as a veteran Marine prosecutor and judge - to run three public safety-related agencies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Sgt Rock

Since: Jun 07

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Jan 3, 2009
"Hayes has given tens of thousands of dollars to state campaigns over the past decade"

There you have it folks. Whoever contributes MONEY to the Democratic party gets the BIG positions.

Fan

Maxton, NC

#2 Jan 3, 2009
I am a huge fan of Governor-elect Beverly Perdue. She will be a no-nonsense, hands-on Governor. Her appointments are based on her nominees' proven experience, not on how much they contributed to her campaign. Judging from her speeches, I would say she will be a proactive Governor, not a reactive one. There will be no horses before the cart in her administration. North Carolina is facing serious revenue shortfalls due to a failing economy, job loss and fewer gasoline sales. Beverly Perdue is qualified to handle these problems and to make judicious decisions on how to meet these challenges.

Sgt Rock

Since: Jun 07

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Jan 3, 2009
Fan wrote:
I am a huge fan of Governor-elect Beverly Perdue. She will be a no-nonsense, hands-on Governor. Her appointments are based on her nominees' proven experience, not on how much they contributed to her campaign. Judging from her speeches, I would say she will be a proactive Governor, not a reactive one. There will be no horses before the cart in her administration. North Carolina is facing serious revenue shortfalls due to a failing economy, job loss and fewer gasoline sales. Beverly Perdue is qualified to handle these problems and to make judicious decisions on how to meet these challenges.
I hope you're right. If she does keep her promises, she will be the first Democrat in history to do so.

Since: Nov 08

The Mountains of WNC

#4 Jan 3, 2009
Fan wrote:
I certainly hope you're right, but it remains to be seen. We have a multitude of problems here in NC, not the least of which we are taxed, taxed, taxed. As an example, gasoline was selling for 1.38 per gallon on Lady Island, SC this week. In my hometown here in NC, it sells for 1.68. Why the difference? Gasoline taxes. Gasoline is cheapter in all the states that surround NC. NC has one of the highest gasoline taxes in the nation, and not much to show for it. Purdue has her work cut out for her, but if she's got some bright ideas about raising taxes, or creating more taxes, then she's a one-termer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bond set for felon caught in manhunt (Apr '12) Jul 27 Freemyuncle 3
*~*!! Last Post Wins !!*~* (Dec '12) Jul '17 lover girl 2010 14
News Fire destroys ex-KKK leader's home (Apr '08) Jun '17 Phuckulibtards 19
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) May '17 Cheated 14
Finding Cole Thomas (Dec '16) May '17 Find Cole Thomas 8
Great Income Opportunities Mar '17 Creswell Corporat... 1
News Warrants: Man who disappeared in Benson involve... (Jan '17) Mar '17 Find Cole Thomas 2

Dunn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunn Mortgages