Sequatchie County Schools

Sequatchie County Schools

Posted in the Dunlap Forum

Thomas

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jan 16, 2013
Who makes the decision to close schools? Apparently whoever it is either doesn't have children or is an idiot. First they didn't close during the flu outbreak and now that the roads ate flooded no closing as of yet. Marion Grundy and Bledsoe are but not Sequatchie. Maybe this person should lose their job or retire.
Well

Dunlap, TN

#2 Jan 16, 2013
Funny how Sequatchie is the middle of the all the school closings but we didn't close. There is ALOT of flood road in this county that can be dangerous to cross. I'd be worrid if I had a high school child that was driving. Perhaps they are worried abot loosing too many snow days that they'd have to continue school a few days into the summer!!
sayin

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jan 16, 2013
There was no ice on cagle.
GO VOLS

Decatur, AL

#4 Jan 16, 2013
Students in Sequatchie Co. are training to become postal carriers for the USPS. Unfortunately, the USPS will be gone (bankrupt) before many of these students are able to realize their dreams.
Crying

Lexington, NC

#5 Jan 16, 2013
Tired of seeing all the kids cry bc they aren't out of school....STFU and go to school...It's f*cking rain no ice. When at the end of year when you are out of school enjoying summer and pool and Marion and Bledsoe are still in school bc they took off bc of RAIN then you can thank me. What are you going to do when you get out of school call into work bc of Rain...How about College (If you can even go) no cancelations you walk your ass in the water. So quit crying like a baby and go.
Get educated chic

United States

#6 Jan 16, 2013
Crying wrote:
Tired of seeing all the kids cry bc they aren't out of school....STFU and go to school...It's f*cking rain no ice. When at the end of year when you are out of school enjoying summer and pool and Marion and Bledsoe are still in school bc they took off bc of RAIN then you can thank me. What are you going to do when you get out of school call into work bc of Rain...How about College (If you can even go) no cancelations you walk your ass in the water. So quit crying like a baby and go.
Bledsoe has enough days to take if they want. Our superintendent will not take chances with the safety of the kids. Alot of roads here are flooded or washed away! If it rained one or two days, it wouldn't be nothing, but look how long it has rained. Please read before you post, inserting foot in mouth must be gross!
Lawdog

Dunlap, TN

#7 Jan 17, 2013
It will only take one child to get injured or killed and then that family will own the county and him personally . Especially when all surrounding county's have made the decision that its too hazardous and he did not........just sayin!
Close them

Dunlap, TN

#8 Jan 17, 2013
It's all about the federal money and has nothing to do with the kids. Look at the lunch program if you want proof.
Parent

Dunlap, TN

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Thomas wrote:
Who makes the decision to close schools? Apparently whoever it is either doesn't have children or is an idiot. First they didn't close during the flu outbreak and now that the roads ate flooded no closing as of yet. Marion Grundy and Bledsoe are but not Sequatchie. Maybe this person should lose their job or retire.
Cordell makes the decision and he knows the weather forcast.
So now the schools are getting out at 10:30 a.m.
The forcast is for rain and snow, in the morning then all snow after 2p.m.
Johnny knew it, I just don't know why he didn't keep the kids home. It would of saved some money.
But then again it's the only place where some kids get to eat breakfast and lunch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunlap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lands resturant 2 hr Ewwww 11
Dunlap Church of Christ 5 hr Lucifer 31
Christy 15 hr Bubba 27
News Brooke Stockwell, 19, Dies In Dunlap Wreck; Fun... (Feb '12) 18 hr dad 70
News Robert Floyd Layne Arrested (Jul '10) 19 hr Big Bob 405
Officer Lewis Thu ThRobng2Member 20
Jeb Hester Thu Dunlap TN 5
More from around the web

Dunlap People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE