First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bad business

Dunlap, TN

#1 Dec 20, 2011
I went to buy a BB gun from Tractor Supply. It is a Red Ryder 350 fps BB Gun. When I went to check out, the cashier asked for my Driver's License number. I started to give it to her, then thought, "why the hell do you need my number?"

So, I asked, "why do you need my Driver's License Number?"

The response was typical. "Because the computer asks for it."

I stated that I would be happy to show her my license to prove my age even though I am well beyond 18 and that it was ridiculous to require a license number to purchase a bb gun. I asked to see a manager.

The manager came over and I questioned him the same.

He said (and I'm not kidding), "It's a deadly weapon."

I looked at him stunned considering the box says not for children under 10.

I raised the BS flag, and went to wal-mart where I wasn't even asked how old I was.

The real question is, "Why is tractor supply storing Driver's License numbers in their computers for the purchase of a BB gun that only shoots 350 fps?"

I will not go back to Tractor Supply.
hmmm

Pikeville, TN

#2 Dec 20, 2011
Bad business wrote:
I went to buy a BB gun from Tractor Supply. It is a Red Ryder 350 fps BB Gun. When I went to check out, the cashier asked for my Driver's License number. I started to give it to her, then thought, "why the hell do you need my number?"
I stated that I would be happy to show her my license to prove my age even though I am well beyond 18 and that it was ridiculous to require a license number to purchase a bb gun. I asked to see a manager.
I raised the BS flag, and went to wal-mart where I wasn't even asked how old I was.
The real question is, "Why is tractor supply storing Driver's License numbers in their computers for the purchase of a BB gun that only shoots 350 fps?"
Because you will shoot your eye out!

Since: Dec 11

Hixson, TN

#3 Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, well more importantly who cares?
English

Pikeville, TN

#5 Dec 20, 2011
Have to give you credit, some of the best grammar I have seen used in a while. I am happy my time spent correcting on Topix is paying off.
Bad business wrote:
Someone

United States

#6 Dec 20, 2011
English wrote:
Have to give you credit, some of the best grammar I have seen used in a while. I am happy my time spent correcting on Topix is paying off. <quoted text>

I think that you started this topic because you are tired of looking like the ass that you are.
Funny

Dunlap, TN

#7 Dec 23, 2011
Bad business wrote:
was his last name Swafford, the manager that is?
Bad Business

Dunlap, TN

#8 Dec 24, 2011
Funny wrote:
<quoted text> was his last name Swafford, the manager that is?
I didn't catch his name or care for that matter. But, I do know he was an idiot from his reply, "It's a deadly weapon," with all the seriousness of a man destined for the gallows.
tractor guy

Dunlap, TN

#9 Dec 24, 2011
Just wonderin, is there any Dunlap citizens working there? Been in several times and don't recognize anyone I know or have seen around here.
hassum

United States

#10 Dec 24, 2011
Yea sounds like another emptying building
Funny

Dunlap, TN

#11 Dec 25, 2011
Bad Business wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't catch his name or care for that matter. But, I do know he was an idiot from his reply, "It's a deadly weapon," with all the seriousness of a man destined for the gallows.
he was a state rep trying to make it illegal to have sex toys or something like that. But heard he is one of the managers there.
Someone

United States

#12 Dec 25, 2011
Funny wrote:
<quoted text> he was a state rep trying to make it illegal to have sex toys or something like that. But heard he is one of the managers there.
The person that you are thinking about is the assistant manager. the manager is a Burgin. His mom owns Doodlebugs Daycare.
Kermit

Johnson City, TN

#13 Dec 25, 2011
Bad business wrote:
That's nonsense enough for me to forgo shopping there.
Thanks for the heads up.
Funny

Dunlap, TN

#14 Dec 26, 2011
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
The person that you are thinking about is the assistant manager. the manager is a Burgin. His mom owns Doodlebugs Daycare.
you are right, he is the assistant mngr. Thanks for setting that straight. He got his butt handed to him over in Bledsoe when he was running for Mayor.
Funny

Dunlap, TN

#15 Dec 26, 2011
Bad Business wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to remember name tags and faces, so you will know better next time. At least that's what I do. I don't like people who try to intimidate or make their own rules on things.
Im an American

Trenton, GA

#16 Dec 27, 2011
I've been in the "new" tractor supply store and not ONE time have they had everything that I needed when it came to food for my animals. They will have one bag of this but not of the other I mix it with OR they won't have it at all. I don't understand how, after four weeks in a row, going to the manager asking them to supply two items like Kimball does, they can't get it right. Excuse after excuse is all I've heard and if they'd tell me the truth that they're incompetent, I'd feel like they told the truth for the first time.
Tractor Supply

Pikeville, TN

#17 Jan 17, 2012
I will not go back here
Flintstoned

Dunlap, TN

#18 Feb 18, 2012
Im not going back in there, they are rude no one is smiling its like they hate being there, at least at walmart you get a friendly hello there are only a few places I like going to but hell I would'nt mind paying a lil more for the product if the were nice rather than get a better deal in a store full of unhappy people.
CrazyNDunlap

AOL

#19 Feb 19, 2012
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Because you will shoot your eye out!
Good for Tractor Supply.. I think they ought to OUTLAW BB guns PERIOD!!!!...A many kid and ADLULTS have had their EYE put out by BB gun's and careless user's!!!SO , DON"T be mad at tractor supply...they are just trying to protect you and other's!..GOSH, that was crazy of you being RUDE over something like that!..I think you need to go back and appolize to tractor supply manager!
bigtime55

Lugoff, SC

#20 Feb 19, 2012
im going back just because of the cute red head with curly hair, very pretty!
Bad Business

Pikeville, TN

#21 Feb 19, 2012
CrazyNDunlap wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for Tractor Supply.. I think they ought to OUTLAW BB guns PERIOD!!!!...A many kid and ADLULTS have had their EYE put out by BB gun's and careless user's!!!SO , DON"T be mad at tractor supply...they are just trying to protect you and other's!..GOSH, that was crazy of you being RUDE over something like that!..I think you need to go back and appolize to tractor supply manager!
Thank God, your opinion doesn't govern our lives, F*(&ing liberal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunlap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Superior Tire & Auto Dunlap, TN (Jul '10) 2 hr lostintranslation... 16
Hotties (Jan '16) 5 hr Seriously 50
I found out something about someone. 14 hr TNEWS 8
Valley View Subdivision 16 hr Slim Jesus 9
Easy lay in Dunlap ??? 18 hr Alrighty 34
Head Lice Wed Well 1
Tisha Green James Ledford Tue WTF 9

Dunlap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance